AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Secrets of the ClanRam Usernames... Revealed!

Most of you think you have a pretty good handle on the meanings behind most of our regulars' usernames. However, my crack research team (i.e. my research team on crack) has uncovered the true meanings behind several of our usernames.

So...

Now they can be revealed!

HUbison: Actually took his name from "Hugh the Bison," the loveable main character of his (hopefully) soon to be published series of childrens' books. Look for "Hugh the Bison and the Steaming Pie," in bookstores everywhere this Fall!

general counsel: Took this name after receiving a significant promotion from his previous title: Corporal Punishment.

YoDude: As a five year old with a severe speech impediment (which he has, thankfully, overcome) this is how he pronounced the name Youngblood.

adarian_too: You know the old saying about how an infinite number of monkeys typing on an infinite number of typewriters would eventually type all of the great works of literature? Well, take one monkey and one typewriter, and you get this popular member's username.

viper3: Not sure what the 3 is for, but "viper" is actually a phonetic spelling. You see, some people with thick European accents pronounce the letter "w" with the sound usually associated with the letter "v."

UtterBlitz: This name was actually a typo. It was supposed to be "OtterBlintz." I have no idea what that means.

theodus69: All I have to say, Theo, is that this is a family website, and we're not interested in what you do with your personal time.

DJRamFan: Now you know what happened to Will "The Fresh Prince" Smith's former sidekick.

So...

Now you know.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Secrets of the ClanRam Usernames... Revealed!

Avenger, how did you know the name of my favorite magazine?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Glad he didnt give up mine......I like my freedom the way it is.:drunk:
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Now of course, I'm sure everyone has noticed that AvengerRam has not given up his own nomenclature heritage. Well, I managed to bribe his crack research team (it's scary how little it cost me) and they told me the truth about our own AvengerRam.

Through his name, AV shares with us his knowledge of both secular and religious significance in choosing a username. For you see, to understand AV's name, you have to break it into three parts... 1. Aven, 2. ger, & 3. Ram. Here's how it works:

1. Aven - Jeroboam, a king in the northern kingdom of Israel feared that his people would turn to King Rehoboam in the southern kingdom and rebel against him if he didn't provide an alternate worship site to Jerusalem. Therefore, he built golden calves in the areas of Dan and Bethel. The prophet Hosea was referring to this abomination in Bethel when he told the Israelites to "not go up to Beth Aven". He changed the name of Bethel (House of God) to Beth Aven (House of wickedness). Therefore, Aven has been known as a place of wicked vanity and idolatry.

2. ger - This is the abbreviated version of the grammatical term for gerund. A gerund is a Latin term for a noun derived from a verb, as in most of our words that end in "ing". Such as "passing" in, Bulger's passing has really improved in the past two seasons.

3. Ram - Ram is the son of Hezron, and a member of the royal line mentioned in the Old Testament book of Ruth. Included in this line is King David who appears several generations after Ram.

So to arrive at the name Aven-ger-Ram, we can only assume that AV is making a statement against the vain & wicked attempting of other teams to knock our beloved Rams off their perch as the King of all the NFL.

At least that's what his crack team told me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

Wow. That has got to be the single greatest, most magnificent cerebral hosing I have ever been priveleged to witness. The time and effort involved are staggering.

In the immortal words of some lame Star Trek character, "I bow to your superior intellect." :bow:

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Now of course, I'm sure everyone has noticed that AvengerRam has not given up his own nomenclature heritage. Well, I managed to bribe his crack research team (it's scary how little it cost me) and they told me the truth about our own AvengerRam.

Through his name, AV shares with us his knowledge of both secular and religious significance in choosing a username. For you see, to understand AV's name, you have to break it into three parts... 1. Aven, 2. ger, & 3. Ram. Here's how it works:

1. Aven - Jeroboam, a king in the northern kingdom of Israel feared that his people would turn to King Rehoboam in the southern kingdom and rebel against him if he didn't provide an alternate worship site to Jerusalem. Therefore, he built golden calves in the areas of Dan and Bethel. The prophet Hosea was referring to this abomination in Bethel when he told the Israelites to "not go up to Beth Aven". He changed the name of Bethel (House of God) to Beth Aven (House of wickedness). Therefore, Aven has been known as a place of wicked vanity and idolatry.

2. ger - This is the abbreviated version of the grammatical term for gerund. A gerund is a Latin term for a noun derived from a verb, as in most of our words that end in "ing". Such as "passing" in, Bulger's passing has really improved in the past two seasons.

3. Ram - Ram is the son of Hezron, and a member of the royal line mentioned in the Old Testament book of Ruth. Included in this line is King David who appears several generations after Ram.

So to arrive at the name Aven-ger-Ram, we can only assume that AV is making a statement against the vain & wicked attempting of other teams to knock our beloved Rams off their perch as the King of all the NFL.

At least that's what his crack team told me.
    Hey! Stop giving my research team crack laced with Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder!

[Well done, HU. By the way, when is "Bison Huey and the Gooey Kablooey" coming out?]
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -06-21-2005 at 11:55 PM.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

LOL LOL LOL

I laughed, I cried, I almost hurled!

How did I miss this thread earlier? GREAT work, gentlemen!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    UtterBlitz: This name was actually a typo. It was supposed to be "OtterBlintz." I have no idea what that means.
    Cheese Blintzes are yummy. I don't know about Otter Blintzes, but they may be good too. I am betting you are working off my beaver tail treat from Ottawa. Beaver tail is basically a piece of fried dough that looks like a tail, a beaver tail, and then add sugar, spice and everything nice, or whatever you want as a topping for a tasty treat.

Avenger, you my friend, have too much time on your hands. I do like otters though, they are playful and fun.

Otter Bliss
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RammieGirl is offline Registered User

Some people just don't like the off-season, but actually while we await another Rams season you can see just how silly, goofy and downright creative our fellow Ram fans can be. You guys are just too funny!!! LOL Keep it coming!!!

general counsel is offline Registered User

Utter, what tastes best, a weakside, strongside or safety blintz?

ramming speed to all

general counsel

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Utter, what tastes best, a weakside, strongside or safety blintz?
    A safety blintz must be good. :angryram:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Websters Collegate, Third Ed. Thesaurus shows a second dirivitive: Utterblitz (celtic orig.) V. udder frenzy; udder being a cows udder or milk bag.

That Webster could paint a picture man.

DJRamFan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    DJRamFan: Now you know what happened to Will "The Fresh Prince" Smith's former sidekick.
    And I'm STILL waitin' for my royalties! LOL
    DJRamFan
    ClanRam Fantasy Football Commissioner
    2003 & 2004 ClanRam Cup Champion

ClanRam

LONG LIVE MIKE MARTZ

NFL Champions: 1945, 1951
    NFC Champions: 1979, 1999, 2001
    Division Champions: 1945, 1949-1951, 1955, 1967, 1969, 1973-1979, 1985, 1999, 2001, 2003

Super Bowl XXXIV Champions