Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Seeking volunteers to eat crow if Vitt wins against Seattle on the road.

To all people that have dismissed Vitts accomplishments so far would you like to volunteer to eat crow if he wins on the road at Seattle. That would be huge since we lost at home with their #1 and #2 receivers out and we have been a horrible road team the last few years. Seattle is a better team then last year. We will hopefully have our starters back but the questions will be are they going to be fully healthy, mentally there (Little), and not rusty. This will be a tough challenge for this team.

Road record From 2002 to Present:
    9-21

I have already volunteered to eat crow if Jackson has a big game.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-05-2005 at 09:05 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Seeking volunteers to eat crow if Vitt wins against Seattle on the road.

I guess you just don't get it. I (and others) have nothing against Joe Vitt. So there's no crow to eat.

If the Rams win, I'll be happy. Just like every other time they've won.

RealRam is offline Registered User

That's right, AV. Crow is simply not on the menu at this diner.

Several of us have said it repeatedly, 'thumbs up for Coach Vitt'! :up:

Why we are still on this "dismissing JV's accomplishments" theme is a little bewildering and it is getting old too.

STLRF: I think the clear majority of Rams fans everywhere -- including the elite group of ClanRammers -- strongly favors Coach Vitt's presence as HC.

On this issue you're talking to strict vegetarians about "eating crow". No, no, no. :tut

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I heard Hub proclaim in a thread he started called MY SELF-SERVED CROW he thought there was no way we would beat Jax with all the guys out. Then in another thread he turns around and says we just did what we were supposed to do. I thought maybe he would like to eat crow again if we beat Seattle fair question.

Hub Quote #1:
    HUB started thread titled: MY SELF-SERVED CROW
    With no Bulger, Holt, Bruce and Little, I would have bet my kids' college tuition that the Rams would lose this game. I saw absolutely no way we could match up with the Jags. In my mind, I still don't see how they didn't beat us by 3 TDs............................but they didn't.

I've never been more excited about saying........

I WAS WRONG!!!!!!!!
    Hub Quote #2:
    what have we really done in the past three games? First answer is, win 2 of 3 which is great, but let's look deeper.

In Indy, we gave up 45 points to a team that has averaged 24 against the rest of the league. That's ugly. But the O put up 28 on a D that allowed only 8 a game. That's beautiful.

With NO, we played average. We beat a team 28-17 whose average score against the rest of the NFL is 28-15. I'd say that's the definition of mediocre.

With Jax, the final score was 24-21. Their D was giving up 17 a game, but their O was only scoring 18 a game.

We just did what we were supposed to do at home against these last two teams, and got man-handled on D by a great O, and posted good numbers on a suspect "great" D.
    I just thought he and maybe a few others would like to eat some crow if they don’t think we can win this next game that we are not favored to win and we wind up winning.

I would not bet my kids college tuition we would lose by 3 TDs on a game we are supposed to win at home. Call me crazy but that’s just me.

Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-05-2005 at 11:49 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I heard Hub proclaim in a thread he started called MY SELF-SERVED CROW he thought there was no way we would beat Jax with all the guys out. Then in another thread he turns around and says we just did what we were supposed to do. I thought maybe he would like to eat crow again if we beat Seattle fair question.

Hub Quote #1:

Hub Quote #2:

I just thought he and maybe a few others would like to eat some crow if they donít think we can win this next game that we are not favored to win and we wind up winning.

I would not bet my kids college tuition we would lose by 3 TDs on a game we are supposed to win at home. Call me crazy but thatís just me.

Un-freakin'-believable....
    Okay, I'll speak slowly.
    Quote #1: I thought we'd lose, but we didn't. Yay for us.
    Quote #2: We won a tough game, however it's still just a single game. A game in which we still gave up more than their O had been averaging. I, too, am pleased so far with the job Vitt is doing, but let's not start work on the Joe Vitt for President bumper stickers just yet.

Hang in there, STL. Sooner or later you're going to get it right.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Un-freakin'-believable....
    Okay, I'll speak slowly.

A game in which we still gave up more than their O had been averaging. (Oh you mean WITH 5 PRO BOWLERS OUT)
    Hang in there, STL. Sooner or later you're going to get it right.
    Oh I hear you and I am certain I am right I quoted you. You cant say you have not been talking out both sides of your mouth on this issue. Normally you say show me the post well there it is please explain.
    If you figured we would lose by three TDs why would you say we were supposed to win?

AGAIN:
    I would not bet my kids college tuition we would lose by 3 TDs on a game we are supposed to win at home. Call me crazy but that’s just me.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-06-2005 at 01:01 AM.

STL, I admire your spirit.....I really do.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Avoiding the question:
    I will change the color just incase you missed it.
    If you figured we would lose by three TDs why would you say we were supposed to win?
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-06-2005 at 01:28 AM.

Avoiding the question:

No doubt about it, they should have mauled us. Jack Del Rio should be fired just for that game (that's an exageration, don't go thinking I'm actually calling for the head of Del Rio over one game). But we won, it took a couple of shanked FGs, but we won still the same. Great, chalk one up for the good guys. However, that win, though on paper we should have gotten beat, does not a contender, nor a coaching career make. It's a win, but I, for one, am not going to call Canton just yet to see if the Vitt bust can go next to the Lombardi bust.

Did we win the game? Yes, which is great.
    By being the HC while we won that game make Vitt the next great thing? No, we played well enough to win that game, but will that be enough to win down the road. I don't know just yet. We were only 1 more accurate kicker away from losing, so as for me, the jury is still out.

Hopefully, that answers the question for you....hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by STL
    A game in which we still gave up more than their O had been averaging. (Oh you mean WITH 5 PRO BOWLERS OUT)
    If you can name me 5 PRO BOWLERS on our Defense....I'll give you my kids college tuition!

You cant say you have not been talking out both sides of your mouth on this issue. Normally you say show me the post well there it is please explain.
    STL, I've been explaining to you for what feels like an eternity now. I've come to the conclusion you don't want anything explained, so please, be my guest......draw whatever explanations make you happy. Your own happiness is all that I'm concerned with anymore.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Great Debate, Guys!
    Keep It Going.
    Have Some Crow On Me......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Cant admit your wrong I got it. There was no reason to try to minimize what Vitt had done. I have never said Vitt is going to be a good coach I would evaluate him after the season. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    If you can name me 5 PRO BOWLERS on our Defense....I'll give you my kids college tuition!
    Leonard Little, Aneas Williams, Kevin Carter,Todd Lyght, Sean Gilbert, Dre Bly(Bonus Only his two were with Detroit). You did not say our current defense can you tell me how much I won Jhonny. We may need AV to make a ruling on this one.

Anyway the offense was turning the ball over against Jax and may have played better with the 3 Pro Bowlers out on offense. If that would have been the case the D would not have been put into, as bad of situations and the time of possession would have been different. Leonard was the 1 Pro Bowler on defense. My mistake there was 4 Pro Bowlers out total. See how refreshing it is to say when you made a mistake 4 instead of 5. Wow have you ever said you made a mistake. I know it was not in this thread.

By the way how do you like my Avatar it comes in paper or plastic. If you want I can get you one then you will be incognito and can flip flop all you want on if Vitt did good or not. No need to respond just poking a little fun.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -11-06-2005 at 02:16 AM.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Hub Quote #1:

Hub Quote #2:

I just thought he and maybe a few others would like to eat some crow if they don’t think we can win this next game that we are not favored to win and we wind up winning.

Ok, you're crazy. Just kidding, I have no way of truly knowing....

Anyhow, a quick question: Where does it say, in the quotes you cited, that HUb EVER discounted Vitt personally? It seems to me that since nothing cited above mentioned Vitt at all, you would be offering your crow to the wrong dinner guest.

Before you answer, though, I was a debate champ in high school.....be vewwy, vewwy careful....
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

Wow have you ever said you made a mistake.
    I started an entire thread on how I made a mistake! You even quoted from it. Trust me, nobody around here takes more self-deprecating shots than me. You see, it's my humility that makes me so great! (that's just a little joke)
    I know it was not in this thread.
    If I felt I had made a mistake, I would be the first to point it out. However, my stance on this particular issue hasn't changed. I support Joe Vitt as the interim HC. I'm glad we've won 2 in a row, but I'm not ready to say he is the defining reason we've done so.

Funny thing is, it sounds like when you boil away everything else, I believe that you actually agree with AV, Nick and me......all we want is for the rest of the season to finish before judgement is passed on Vitt. In the meantime, some of us don't like the way Martz is being handled. That doesn't mean we don't like Vitt. We like him fine, but we want to see more than 3 games before handing him the key to the city......that's all.

would you like to volunteer to eat crow if he wins on the road at Seattle. .

volunteering people to eat crow ................ does not make it that.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

OK I will volunteer to eat crow. Who will feed it to me? It must be someone who posted support of Vitt and was bold enough to say that the Rams would respond well and play well with Vitt at HC. They must have supported him throughout the 3 games and predicted that even without HOlt, Bulger, and Bruce the Rams would win at home against the Jags....

For the record, I never said anything negative about Vitt. Like most I hope he would spark some life into the team. It seems he has. I hope the spark sets a fire that burns all year long....

GO RAMS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast