Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sell The Team?

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Re: Sell The Team?

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    If Georgia was anything of a good football person, she would have let Steve run the team after Carrol's death. Then maybe he could have seriously negotiated a good stadium here in LA and the fine town of St. Louis would have had there own team given to them in expansion....And if "ifs and butts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry frickin Christmas!"

Joe
    I'm not so sure about that. They tried to do that once, but the NFL awarded Jacksonville with an expansion team instead.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Women are women--men are men that said there are and have been great women leaders and some terrible ones in history, just like men. As to Ms, Mrs. Georgina, whose past is indeed somewhat checkered, really hasn't been too visible with the Rams--that is you saw her alot when the Rams went to the SB. Personally I don't think she cares that much about the team. So long as the Rams cut her a check, she's good.

Now if she was something like a Catherine the Great (Czarina of Russia) the Rams would have a winning dynesty. I don't wish to cast Georgina as like some notable women leader failures--yah I know way too much history for my own good. Yet we, the fans, have not idea of what she feels about the team. And I don't see her publicly involved with the team unless its behind a charity she favors. I can only hope the reason for this fact is that she knows just enough about football that she ought to let professionals run the team. Pity though, that the professionals that are running the team, are running it into the ground

TekeRam is offline Registered User

The problem isn't so much Georgia, as much as her completely unwillingness to admit her "confidant" for however long, Shaw, sucks and doesn't know how to run a football team. The reason we're a losing team now, and have only enjoyed a few good years in the last decade is because we've only made the no-brainer choices and have been lucky on a couple diamonds in the rough(Bulger, Warner, Ryan). The good and best teams find those diamonds and retain the players that are worth the money. We don't do that. We need to overhaul the front office from the top down.

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Georgia should sell the team and become a full time lifeguard.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I read that The rams were often times find with pink towels and pink locker rooms that the opposing team set up for them on the road because of our female owner
    For the purposes of that post, the word "read" means "just made up a story."

Yodude is offline Registered User

I have no problem with a woman as an owner in principle...just this particular woman.

The fact is that, since she took over, this organization has sucked.

Sure we had a few good years as pointed out by another poster, but I think that was shear luck and an aligning of the stars, or whatever you want to call it. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and again.

A quality organization would have been been able to maintain some kind of continuity with the talent we had at one point a few years back. Their salary cap management skills are average at best and their talent for evaluating skill and conducting drafts over the years flat out sucks.

There was an interesting article a few weeks back by someone that was posted but generated no conversation at all, which I think got to the root of our problems. In the entire NFL, only the Dolphins have been more inept than the Rams when it comes to drafting over the last few years. I don't recall how far back the article went (as far as our drafting), but it was something like out of the previous 5 drafts (not including last year's) we have something like 4 players currently on our roster, the Dolphins have even less, and we know what their record is now don't we.

1999 through 2001 was nothing but things coming accidently together, in spite if the front office. We managed to get Vermiel and Martz, we stole Faulk from the Colts for less than what the Native Americans got for Manhatten Island, Trent Green went down and Warner came out of nowhere, etc.

Those few years aside, this front office has been the most inept in the entire NFL.

Then again, it could all be my fault. I distinctly remember praying before the Super Bowl against the Titans, "Please God, just let them win this one Super Bowl, and I'll never ask for anything regarding the Rams again!"
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

It still bothers me that my favorite team is owned by a women
    What a horribly ignorant statement

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Yodude View Post

Then again, it could all be my fault. I distinctly remember praying before the Super Bowl against the Titans, "Please God, just let them win this one Super Bowl, and I'll never ask for anything regarding the Rams again!"
    NOW we know who is to blame....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Hmm...brings back memories of when the Rams were in LA..

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

I really hope Georgia sell the team and the new owner move them back to L.A. when the deal with St. Louis is done.

Broke my heart when the Rams move. It took me a couple of seasons before I could watch them again.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

:l

Whatever happened to men being men and women being women?

Next up - The WNFL

:l

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12