Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

Senior bowl coaches Rams staff?

Ok help me out here. Do we get to have the advantage of coaching this game, as we have the second pick? Is it a done deal?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Senior bowl coaches Rams staff?

Not sure that it's a done deal but I would imagine the staff would be offered the chance to coach it.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

The 2 Teams that finish with the worst record get invited to coach the senior bowl.. unless we decline we will coach.

Drew is offline Registered User

oh blimey....Hope the Offensive prospects dont absorb too much for their own sakes...

PHAT-MONEY Guest

watch linehan screw it up.. they will only score 14 points anyway.

PossumBoy9 is offline Registered User

In a draft that where much of the talent will come from underclassmen, I think Linehan coaching in the Senior Bowl might not be an advantage. In fact, I fear it could be a detriment.

HornIt is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PossumBoy9 View Post
    In a draft that where much of the talent will come from underclassmen, I think Linehan coaching in the Senior Bowl might not be an advantage. In fact, I fear it could be a detriment.
    I don't really see it as an advantage either. Seems to me it only allows him to focus on half the players. If he goes down there as an observer rather than a coach, he can see all the things the coach does plus he can do it for both teams.

He attended last year too, and coaches that attend but aren't actually coaching one of the teams get to go to all the practices and have full access to the players as far as I know.

I think it would be interesting to see him coach one of the teams, but I'm not sure it's any advantage as far as scouting players goes.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Guys, this is a tremendous opportunity for our front office, coaches and entire organization to not only coach but have first hand access to the evaluation of the next draft's talent......

.....of course they'll turn it down.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Guys, this is a tremendous opportunity for our front office, coaches and entire organization to not only coach but have first hand access to the evaluation of the next draft's talent......

.....of course they'll turn it down.
    They would have first hand access to the evaluation the talent anyway, and to ALL the talent, not just half of it if they did turn it down.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    They would have first hand access to the evaluation the talent anyway, and to ALL the talent, not just half of it if they did turn it down.
    Actually no......if they turn down the opportunity to coach, then they won't be able to have first hand access to those players.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Actually no......if they turn down the opportunity to coach, then they won't be able to have first hand access to those players.
    Why not? NFL Scouts and coaches can attend all the practices (there are no closed practices), talk to the players, have full access. That's what the thing is for. It is the entire purpose of the event. It's an opportunity for scouts and coaches to actually get a chance to observe how players practice, perform in drills, respond to coaching, etc. and then see how they apply it in a game situation.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Maybe if Linehan attends this thing, he can get a clue on how to make good plays...

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

It'll give the front office a chance to see that Linehan is in fact a horrible coach, and the injuries were not as major a factor as they seem to have been!

PHAT-MONEY Guest

Quote Originally Posted by smizzhfx View Post
    It'll give the front office a chance to see that Linehan is in fact a horrible coach, and the injuries were not as major a factor as they seem to have been!
    then he would say.. well I only coached them for a week or two.. we really couldn't get into a rythm..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HornIt View Post
    Why not? NFL Scouts and coaches can attend all the practices (there are no closed practices), talk to the players, have full access. That's what the thing is for. It is the entire purpose of the event. It's an opportunity for scouts and coaches to actually get a chance to observe how players practice, perform in drills, respond to coaching, etc. and then see how they apply it in a game situation.
    Everyone has a certain level of access during the Senior Bowl, but not to the same degree as those actually coaching the players for the week and the game. This is how Mike Nolan described the opportunity...

"It's the best way to evaluate players that I've come to know," Nolan said. "For us to have an opportunity to coach those guys and evaluate them first-hand in meetings, get to know them, eat with them and do all those things for an entire week puts us one-up in the evaluation process."
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast