Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Re: Setterstrom at center??

Is it true that McCollums cap for this season is only 1M

Semper Fi!

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

It's probably all a smokescreen by Linehan. Draft Jay Cutler!
    Failing that-- Draft Ted Ginn!

But to the problem at hand--I think this is a nice problem to have. So many talented young linemen that there's not enough space to keep them all.

My votes go to Romberg, who seems, so far to be equalling McCollum in level of play, and to Dustin Fry, who will not be exposed to the practise squad, based on innate potenital alone. Remember, Romberg is the reason we didn't take SC's Ryan Kalil in round 2 of this year's draft, and they felt confident enough in Fry's potential to take him in round five, even with the depth that was already present on the OL.

Biguglyoldad is offline Registered User

Kalil was recently moved from center to guard for two reasons: poor play at center against the Eagles and lack of depth at guard due to injuries/suspensions. Guess it shows you how hard it is to master the center position at the NFL level. Don't think the Rams thought McCollum would be a factor this year, thus the drafting of Fry. Fry, considering it was his first experience in the NFL, played well against the Vikes at center. Solid shotgun snaps, no bad exchanges, and it looked as though he met all his assignments. The blitzing was crazy and he wasn't ready for that...but otherwise, he seemed to play well enough to get the job done. So...I think the Rams have a slight dilemna with the position. Losing Fry would be stupid IMO...he has good potential. Not having both Romberg and McCollum on the sideline...hmm....did I use the word stupid already? Anyway...its exciting to watch. Wonder what will happen...

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

This just seems weird on many levels. If Setterstrom is our emergency at Center......who's the emergency at Guard?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think Linehan just likes getting as many people as possible to learn a little bit about other positions. Carriker gets moved around the D-line, Wroten takes reps at DE, Adeyanju takes reps inside, Incognito plays C/G, Steussie G/T...I think he just wants to be prepared for anything since you never know where the injuries will be.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Since we're utilitizing the players lets try Leonard at safety and see if HE can tackle someone.

Why you may ask; because he's the best athelete on the team. The safety is like the centerfielder in baseball - the key guy; the straw that stirs the drink; he's a bigger, faster Archeleta; and he's a football PLAYER; Bilechec [sp] would have him playing both ways.

Thats why.
    Last edited by live4ramin; -08-24-2007 at 11:59 AM.
    Kiss my ass, football gods

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Have to agree with Fleece. It would appear that Linehan is a big fan of interchangable parts. Can you blame him? Considering how often players go down with SEASON ENDING injuries I think it's a wise strategy. Especially, when were talking about the players that protect and open holes for the faces of the franchise.

I just wish we had more roster spots....

It wont be long before all of the faces from the GSOT will be hanging up their cleets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12