Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamWraith is offline Registered User

Setterstrom's knee again

Just an update.

Mark Setterstrom was taken of the field on a cart. An air cast was put on his left leg, the same knee he surgery on last season. Doesn't look good :-(

Josh Guest

Re: Setterstrom's knee again

It is only a cramp let us hope!!

RamOfDenmark Guest

Oh crap. I thought he wasn't going to play in this game with that other leg injury he's had the last few days.

ScottD413 Guest

We need to replace him. That knee is obviously never going to hold up

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Man, I felt sorry for the guy as he was getting carted off. You could obviously tell how badly he felt, and how badly his teammates felt for him. It sucks. It could be the beginning of the end of a very short career. I wish him luck.

Mooselini Guest

Exactly. It's terrible to see any player go down like this. However, we can't sit around and hope he pulls through, we need to move on, and if it involves replacing him...whatever benefits the team, I'm all for it...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I hope its not serious, butt no replacements needed becuase we already have grecco and scheuning to provide promising although inexperienced depth. If cogs gets hurt (god forbid knock on wood) We might see our future starter in Grecco or Schuening since Cogs is an UFA at the end of the year

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Setterstom Broken knee cap

Injury report: Setterstrom could be lost for the season

The Rams’ offensive line depth took a major hit as backup guard Mark Setterstrom has suffered what could be a season-ending knee injury.
    Rams coach Scott Linehan said Setterstrom likely has a fractured knee cap.
    “That looks like something that will be season-ending,’’ Linehan said. “It couldn’t have been good. I knew he was in extreme pain.’’
    Setterstrom was carted off the field after injuring his left knee with 12:21 left in the third quarter of the Rams’ 7-6 preseason win over the San Diego Chargers on Saturday night.
    It was the same knee that Setterstrom injured last season. He missed the final 13 games of the 2007 season after undergoing surgery for a torn ACL.
    The loss of Setterstrom means that one or two of the Rams’ young, unproven offensive linemen — rookies John Greco and Roy Schuening and second-year player Dustin Fry — will be filling a key role this season.
    After seeing his offensive line decimated by injuries last season, Linehan could be thinking, “Here we go again,’’ but publicly he was putting up a brave front.
    “People get hurt in football,’’ Linehan said. “Your gut hurts for the kid, but as a team, you go on to the next play. Mark was out there talking, ‘Go get a score. Win this game.’ He was wasn’t like, ‘Woe is me’ about it. I told the offensive line that this drive is for Mark, this is for the whole team, this is how we are going to respond to adversity this year. We’re just going to keep playing.’’
    The Rams responded by marching 71 yards for their only touchdown of the game.
    -- Quarterback Marc Bulger had to leave the game late in the first half after being shaken up on a sack.
    Bulger had his right arm hit as he cocked to throw, and the Rams’ medical staff was initially concerned about him having a rotator cuff problem.
    Those fears proved unfounded, though Bulger did not return to action.
    “It was nothing but a five-minute thing,’’ Bulger said. “If it were the regular season, it would not have been a big deal, but we wanted to be careful.’’
    -- Rookie linebacker David Vobora (ankle), rookie fullback Russ Weil (ankle) and second-year running back Brian Leonard (shoulder) all came out of the game in the second half due to injuries. More about the extent of those injuries could be revealed during Linehan's press conference on Sunday afternoon.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Re: Setterstom Broken knee cap

Setterstrom's injury is a big blow.
    Rams get the win, but get banged up in the process.
    All we can do is carry on!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mooselini Guest

Jeez. We got banged up today...what are we doing wrong?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by DGR828 View Post
    Setterstrom's injury is a big blow.
    Rams get the win, but get banged up in the process.
    All we can do is carry on!

Big blow indeed!

Yes, I'd much rather come here to the Clan and read about how we lost preseason game 2 today ... than learning of Setterstrom's injury. NOOOOOO!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Oh no. Here's to nothing being confirmed- and an early recovery (much like Steussie last year)

eric2810 is offline Registered User

First Preseason week we lose King. Second Week Setterstrom goes down. It's like a contest. Who's next week's lucky contestant? Last year Our starters got hurt, and now this year the backup's are taking the blows.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Oh no. Here's to nothing being confirmed- and an early recovery (much like Steussie last year)
    May that be the case, BBQ! For Setterstrom as well as for the Rams. I like Mark very much and think he may become a regular starting OL. So again, as you said, that it -- a possible season ending injury -- may stand as something unconfirmed. An impact on the knee cap is so painful as it is.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Here's to that!! A season ending injury would be a big blow, if i was told this would be the only serious injury to an OLineman i take that in a heart beat.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast