View Poll Results: Would you like Shanahan as head coach of the Rams?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Oh YEAH!!

49 68.06%
  • No, he doesn't fit the team.

19 26.39%
  • Can't think - New Year's hangover too bad...

4 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan?

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Shanahan?

Pure speculation, we all know he's a good coach, but if the Rams FO found a way to afford Shanahan, would you want him as HC?

maineram is offline Registered User

Re: Shanahan?

He'll command too much money, but I'd be ok with Shanahan

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I like Shanahan. He's won two Super Bowls and has the kind of credibility that will land him the job of his choice in very short order. He has the reputation of being a taskmaster and one who demands accountability from everyone involved with the team- something the Rams currently lack. He is also a class act; if you witnessed his press conference two days ago, you saw his graciousness and appreciation for his time in Denver. Assuming Cowher and Schottenheimer aren't coming, I'd absolutely welcome Shanahan's hiring.

That all said, I very much doubt he'd be a candidate here. All signs to me point to the Rams hiring an up and coming coordinator or retaining Haslett. I do not agree with this approach, but I will put my faith in Devaney, as it seems he has a vision and a clear path for the Rams franchise.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I like Shanahan a lot, and would love him for this team, but not as the head coach(hence the hungover vote).

I would love for Shanahan to be brought in as an offensive coordinator, but that's it. I see him kind of like Mad Mike Martz, in that he's a great offensive mind and someone who will lead an offense to success every time. However, just like Martz, he doesn't know defense, and that is shown by his defenses having good success in a couple years, but it was always the weakness of the Broncos under him.

Truth be told, I would actually like Haslett to be retained as HC, as I think he has a great personality for it, and the right attitude. He's shown to truely care about the franchise and rebuilding it from the bottom up. I think if we paired him up with coordinators who would control their own spheres and then collaborate with Haslett and Devaney for personnel selections, we could generate a winning team.

To return it briefly to the topic at hand, Mike Shanahan would possibly be the best choice we could have for OC. He'll get us a working offensive line, which is easily the most critical step. In Jax he'll have the best running back he's had since Terrell Davis, possibly ever. He'll have a veteran QB and a young, up and coming receiver corps, maybe with a hall of famer in Holt as well. Shanahan would have this group up and running very quickly in my mind, as the skill players are there, the offensive line and line training just isn't. That's where Mike comes in.

bigredman is offline Registered User

The thought of that rat face walking up and down our sidelines makes me ill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

We'll I voted for him, granted there are a few great looking coord options, but wasn't linihan and martz, (even if martz was more of a promotion). look at the difference from 98 to 99.. Good coach, actual splash in FA. Thought out draft.. I'd love to see the FO act like they want to win and not like theywant to do enough to sell tickets..

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Mike Shanahan is a head coach who has won two Super Bowls. He will have another head job lined up within two weeks. There is a better chance of seeing donkeys fly than there is of seeing him take a step down into a coordinator's role- come on, now.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

via Rotoworld:

Report: Shanahan unlikely to coach in 2009

ESPN's John Clayton reports that fired Broncos coach Mike Shanahan is unlikely to return to the sidelines until "2010 or later."
    Clayton believes the Jets could land Shanahan, but they appear primed to pry Steve Spagnuolo away from the Giants. Shanny doesn't want to coach up a rehab project like Detroit, St. Louis, or Kansas City, so there aren't many great fits out there. If Shanahan stays idle and collects the money the Broncos still owe him this year, he, Bill Cowher, and Mike Holmgren will likely all be available in 2010. You couldn't go wrong with any one of them. Jan. 1 - 1:56 pm et
    Source: ESPN Insider

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I don't think he is ready to coach another team yet...he just lost his job this week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

I voted " bad fit". Doubt he would mesh with Devaney & what we little we know about his plan for The Rams.

MS favors smaller O-lines & Devaney wants to get bigger. MS had control of draft/FA in Denver & isn't the skinny on his firing that it was as much about Bowlen wanting to take that power away as anything?

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Most certainly a 'bad fit'...as HE is a winner.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

RealRam is offline Registered User

Any report yet on how willing / not willing he is to coach in 2009? Based on that, I haven't voted.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Any report yet on how willing / not willing he is to coach in 2009? Based on that, I haven't voted.
    NFL.com seems to have a report conflicting with Rotoworld.

via NFL.com:

A day after being fired as Broncos coach, Mike Shanahan said he wants to get back into coaching, maybe even this year if the right opportunity presents itself.
    NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Shanahan still has coaching in future

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

I liked his philosophy of using any RB behind a great O-line and you'll get a good running game. He said it and proved it every year when he had a good O-line.

bigtiger737 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    I liked his philosophy of using any RB behind a great O-line and you'll get a good running game. He said it and proved it every year when he had a good O-line.
    Amen.. if he isn't available. What happened to Marty Schhhhoottenguyfrom the chargers. I always thought he would be a good fit, for our relentlessly O inspired Rams. I think hoenstly if we do look to a defensive coach is what everyone seems to be saying what about rex ryan? I'll admit I don't think it's hard to look good with Ray and Ed reed in your defensive communication positions.. but he could be a good coach I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast