Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: SHE has final say!!

I want one of those "guaranteed success" coaches.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Success or failure is predicated by the guys playing the game.
    Then why is getting rid of Martz such a big deal. If this were completely true, it wouldn't matter who coaches. In fact, why are we even paying for a coaching staff? Let the QB run the offense and one of the veterans run the defense.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    Then why is getting rid of Martz such a big deal. If this were completely true, it wouldn't matter who coaches. In fact, why are we even paying for a coaching staff? Let the QB run the offense and one of the veterans run the defense.
    Players have called the plays on offense and defense, but most coaches need to be in control and feel that they are better suited to call the plays. For that matter, you could have a freaking computer on hand to call the plays.

You gotta have an organizer or Boss if you will. Otherwise you'd have mass chaos. But there is no getting around the fact that games are won or lost by the plays that players make.

Since I work in construction, I will use that for an analogy. Journeyman work directly under a foreman, who works under a general foreman, who in turn works under a superintendent.

The Journeyman get the freaking project built, not the supervision. The supervision simply organizes things at the beginning of the day and then sits on their collective fat asses for the rest of the day.

So then you'd be okay with Martz coming back?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce_wannabe Guest

Mike Martz Is A Good Head Coach If He Can Run Clock Management.... He Still Comes Up With All These Ingenoius Plays That No One Can Stop... If He Should Stay He Has To Fire Marmie... Its All Marmie's Fault

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rumor has it; that is why Shaw has put Martz's head out there. Apparently Martz refuses to get rid of Marmie. The front office has recognized the Marmie problem, however Martz refuses to see his friend hit the unemployment line. If this is true, this is a problem.

So then you'd be okay with Martz coming back?
    Well of course!! I never wanted him gone.

Granted, only my wife has pissed me off more than Martz.

I have had many knee jerk reactions to some of his decisions, but all in all he is an excellent head coach.

If Martz stays then I think he should have the staff he wants.

Guys, I really don't think Marmie is that bad. He tries to do some rather interesting things with the defense. He fits Martz' style. They are both cerebral type guys.

The Rams just need a few playmakers and consistent pressure by the D-line.

Just my opinion.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Disagree Fert...Marmie is the heart of the problem. His schemes and play calling have not worked for as long as he has been in the NFL.

When you have people like Fischer and Polley leave and say things like they are better off because of the defensive coaching in St. Louis. One has to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter
    If Martz stays then I think he should have the staff he wants.

Guys, I really don't think Marmie is that bad. He tries to do some rather interesting things with the defense. He fits Martz' style. They are both cerebral type guys.

The Rams just need a few playmakers and consistent pressure by the D-line.

Just my opinion.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Too bad they just don't make a deal. Shaw would agree to give Zygmunt the boot and Martz would agree to jettison Marmie.

CanadianRam! is offline Registered User

we want BRIAN BILLICK!!

GO RAMS

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike
    Too bad they just don't make a deal. Shaw would agree to give Zygmunt the boot and Martz would agree to jettison Marmie.
    Wow! Now that is an idea with legs. Mike, bottle that and ship a case full of it to 1 Rams Way, St. Louis MO, c/o John Shaw.

Wow! Now that is an idea with legs. Mike, bottle that and ship a case full of it to 1 Rams Way, St. Louis MO, c/o John Shaw.
    I don't think he'd be drinkin' HUb. Martz vs. Shaw is going to be like Spy vs. Spy.

Mr.Blond Guest

I'd like to be Georgia Frontiere's muscle bound gorgeous stud and spend weekends with her spending her money and making love and then watching the game. She is gorgeous and exudes power. I always loved the fact that the Rams were owned by a woman, even though there were rumors she maybe murdered her husband. She is amazing and would be lots of fun. :clanram: Georgia, Please call me so we can hook up, I will please you, it's my job, and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Blond
    I'd like to be Georgia Frontiere's muscle bound gorgeous stud and spend weekends with her spending her money and making love and then watching the game. She is gorgeous and exudes power. I always loved the fact that the Rams were owned by a woman, even though there were rumors she maybe murdered her husband. She is amazing and would be lots of fun. :clanram: Georgia, Please call me so we can hook up, I will please you, it's my job, and I love it.
    I'm worried about you Mr. Blond.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast