Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Shefter: Rams to interview Cameron later this week

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports that the Rams are expected to interview Cam Cameron for their offensive coordinator position later this week.

The Palm Beach Post had reported that Cameron would join the Baltimore Ravens by the end of Tuesday, but that no longer seems like a sure bet. The Ravens are reportedly also considering Pat Shurmur for the job.
    Taken from Rotoworld.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Shefter: Rams to interview Cameron later this week

Wow, i didnt think he would come for an interveiw. I dont know though, i think i rather try out Zampese, but if we get Cameron, thats more then i wouldve expected us being able to get.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

why wouldn't he go to the Ravens?

Why us over them? We're in shambles. Is he just trying to get more money out of the Ravens, given the Jason Garrett deal, by saying, I need to think about the job offer, oh and by the way, I have an appointment with the Rams later this week.

Drummerman1011 is offline Registered User

Eagles coach Andy Reid wouldn't step in the way of QB coach Pat Shurmur taking over as offensive coordinator in Baltimore.
    With Cam Cameron talking to the Rams, Shurmur is looking like a better possibility in Baltimore. A previous report claimed that Cameron was close to being Harbaugh's aide. Harbaugh could certainly use the experienced offensive coach on his side.

Wow its looking better and better for Cameron to become our OC, if Cameron has a interview scheduled and Harbaugh wants to get a staff assembled quickly, he may go to the quarterbacks coach. He knows the guy fromw orking on the eagles as well.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    Wow, i didnt think he would come for an interveiw. I dont know though, i think i rather try out Zampese, but if we get Cameron, thats more then i wouldve expected us being able to get.

What why would you want an unproven QB coach who has never called plays over a proven play caller. Anyways its about time we brought this guy in. This is a good sign and bad interview or not everyone in the FO is under pressure and they have to sign this bigtime name

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    why wouldn't he go to the Ravens?

Why us over them? We're in shambles. Is he just trying to get more money out of the Ravens, given the Jason Garrett deal, by saying, I need to think about the job offer, oh and by the way, I have an appointment with the Rams later this week.
    The Rams were in shambles because of the ton of injuries and bad coaching last year. We have far more offensive firepower to work with than the Ravens do. Maybe this is why he would rather coach Bulger,Jackson,Holt,Bruce,Bennett and McMichael over Mcgahee,no qb,Heap and Mason.
    Just Fix It

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    The Rams were in shambles because of the ton of injuries and bad coaching last year. We have far more offensive firepower to work with than the Ravens do. Maybe this is why he would rather coach Bulger,Jackson,Holt,Bruce,Bennett and McMichael over Mcgahee,no qb,Heap and Mason.
    I agree with the horrible season we had an OC could look like a genius just with all our players returning healthy. With a decent job of play calling and our starters being healthy on both sides of the ball we could see a several win increase. Heck if we improved 5 games we would only be 8-8 and the OC could always say we improved 5 games in one season. Not that it would be good but he would probably get another crack at it if the team finished at 8-8.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Wow, I didn't think he would come for an interveiw. I don't know though, I think I'd rather try out Zampese, but if we get Cameron, that's more than I would've expected us being able to get. -- TampaRam
    Ha, yes, it almost appears too good to be true but when you think about it -- and also attempt to read Cameron's mind -- it just might make sense, as follows:

The Rams were in shambles because of the ton of injuries and bad coaching last year. We have far more offensive firepower to work with than the Ravens do. Maybe this is why he would rather coach Bulger, Jackson, Holt, Bruce, Bennett and McMichael over Mcgahee, no qb, Heap and Mason. -- Rammiser

I hope CC makes up his mind this week to settle with the Rams. :bash:

chiguy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by renrawtruk View Post
    Why us over them?
    Stephen McNair versus Marc Bulger.

I'm sure there is more to it than that, but that seems like a reasonable place to start.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    What why would you want an unproven QB coach who has never called plays over a proven play caller. Anyways its about time we brought this guy in. This is a good sign and bad interview or not everyone in the FO is under pressure and they have to sign this bigtime name

If we get Cameron, which i would love still, think about after linny gets fired next year what hes going to do? become our new HC? that worked well for him in Miami. Zampese we could give a shot and if it didnt work out we clear house and see what happens. I dont know, ill be happy with Cameron most definatly, i just want to give Zampese a shot i guess. I have nothing against Cam coming here, itd be great, i just dont know how things will be after this year under lamihan.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Good to hear that progress is being made on this. The offseason is looking pretty ok so far.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

This is the first off-season move to give me any hope. I think Cameron might pick the Rams because we do have more offensive talent and there is a chance for him to shine and a chance for him to be promoted to HC if Linehan falls on his face again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Drew is offline Registered User

if we get Cam and Linny gets fired (well his contract not renewed really) after `08 ,i think HAS is the front runner out of who would be onbaord at the time...least he had some success in N.O!

im all for Cam tho...zampese i wouldnt mind getting either just no FOSL perleaseeeeeee!!!

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

ProFootballTalk.com

Looks like Zampeze's our next best bet.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Zampese seems like a good get at this point. I think he would be a decent choice for us now that Careron is off the table.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. -01-22-2008, 11:14 PM