21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 66.67%
  • No

7 33.33%
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

Should Pace Play?

Should he Play?

I say no, I think we should wait until next week, I'd rather him stay on the bench and recover more, rather than go in not 100% and have a chance to get injured even more.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Re: Should Pace Play?

Of course he should, if he is cleared to play than he should play. It's not like an injury where you could tweak it or make it worse. The only way to make it worse if he gets another concussion (which could happen at any time or never). If he isn't feeling well during the game, he should say something and sit out.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-22-2006 at 06:15 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Assuming RB is correct about having had one concussion not making you more liable to have another, (at least time interval wise), then I agree.

I've always felt, however, that Warner might have come back a little to soon.

But then, there's undoubtedly more pressure on a QB to play.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Assuming RB is correct about having had one concussion not making you more liable to have another, (at least time interval wise), then I agree.

Basically it's all about how Pace feels on Sunday. Now that he has had a concussion he is more prone to make things worse IF he gets another concussion (which could happen at any time or never at all, who knows), but as for making the concussion worse by playing on Sunday that won't happen, either he feels well enough to play or he doesn't. It's not like a sprained ankle where you make a cut on it and make it worse by tweaking it etc.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post

I remember Warner complaining of headaches, light sensitivity and nausea long after he had his concussion, so in that case yes he came back too soon. I agree he felt pressure to come back early because he was the QB.

If Pace got the ok from the doctors and isn't bothered by those symptoms I mentioned he will be fine, if he still has those symptoms he should sit out, so he needs to decide how he feels before the game or try a few plays and see how it goes.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

That said, I'm REAL glad he's playing...

...so's Bulger.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RealRam is offline Registered User

Posted yesterday in "Rams must plan game with Pace sidelined" thread:

Maybe we should just bite the bullet ("just") and keep OPace out this week to allow him better chances to recuperate. And as RFTID said,

"We badly need these guys to step it up. Time to earn that paycheck boys."

Take it easy, Big O. -- RR
    I still feel he should not play this Sunday. If he does, however, at least cut him some slack and keep him out from the PAT formations.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Posted yesterday in "Rams must plan game with Pace sidelined" thread:

I still feel he should not play this Sunday. If he does, however, at least cut him some slack and keep him out from the PAT formations.
    Agreed, if anything, I definitely think they should do what you just said. I really hope he does complain if he doesn't feel good for whatever reason, and get him to sit down. Most guys won't complain though, so...ehh that's why I sorta don't want him to play Sunday. We can't afford to lose him in the long run.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

If he's cleared, then yes he should play. This is another tough road game and it would be a hard hole to climb out of if the Rams are 0-2 in the division after three games. If he plays and starts to feel bad, bench him and sit him next week against Detroit so he can rest. But if he's cleared to play, why not play? If he's not cleared, then it's a no brainer he doesn't play.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i was talking to GC earlier about this, i dont think it matters who or where we are playing, i think he sits one more week,as i said to GC,i read where looker said he heard his head hit the ground,and thats a very large head to bounce off the ground.he's an o-lineman so he is going to try and get back earlier than he should,thats there mentality,i just dont want to lose him for a longer period when we could have held him out for one more week and let hin get back to normal.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I voted no because like others said, losing him for one game is better than losing him for the season. Concussions are no joke. Too many in too short of a time span and boom...lights out...forever. I don't know Pace's concussion history and if this was his first it's not as big of a deal. If he's had several he's playing with fire coming back too soon. Remember Steve Young and his great NFL career cut short because his life was in danger from consussions? Do we need Pace this week? Yes. Is Pace's long term health more important than one game/win? Yes.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I say if the doctors give him a clean bill of health he plays. Guys this is football and players play injured all the time. Everyone is worried that he might get reinjured and prolong his return. Not saying I want that to happen but that's why we have 2nd and 3rd string players. Some real game experience for the backups help with team depth and confidence. Big O is the man but is 1/11th of the offense.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I can't stress this enough, concussions are an injury to the BRAIN and unlike any other injury. Too many consussions over a long period of time, or a few over a short period of time can lead to PERMENANT BRAIN DAMGE or even DEATH. Yes this is football, but is potentially a man's life we are talking about here.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I can't stress this enough, concussions are an injury to the BRAIN and unlike any other injury. Too many consussions over a long period of time, or a few over a short period of time can lead to PERMENANT BRAIN DAMGE or even DEATH. Yes this is football, but is potentially a man's life we are talking about here.
    It would take a lot of concussions or some very serious ones (more serious than you could get in football since your head is somewhat protected to get permanent brain damage.) There is no way anyone would be cleared to play if they had that many concussions or the concussions were so serious that they had or were close to having permanent brain damage. So saying we are talking about brain damage or even death is going a little overboard.

It's a brain bruise basically, if Pace still has the symptoms than Pace shouldn't play because his brain isn't ready, but if he is cleared by doctors and he feels ok then he can play. Like I said earlier in this thread if he feels fine on Sunday and is cleared by doctors, he is at the same amount of risk if he gets another concussion tomorrow as he would be if he got one in a month or a year from now.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-23-2006 at 09:51 PM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    I voted no because like others said, losing him for one game is better than losing him for the season. Concussions are no joke. Too many in too short of a time span and boom...lights out...forever. I don't know Pace's concussion history and if this was his first it's not as big of a deal. If he's had several he's playing with fire coming back too soon. Remember Steve Young and his great NFL career cut short because his life was in danger from consussions? Do we need Pace this week? Yes. Is Pace's long term health more important than one game/win? Yes.
    It was his first concussion and I knew that when I made my posts in this thread explaining about concussions. The more he gets the worse it will be for him, but since it's his first if he is symptom free and cleared by doctors he will be fine. There is no way to predict whether he will get another concussion or ever have another, so like I said earlier as long as he is cleared by doctors and feels ok, there is no problem.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE