jquarando is offline Registered User

should the rams worry about drafting oher?

i just found this article and oher says wroten was one the best opposing players he had to go against. I dont think I want him on my team now.

Scott Wright: What is your accurate height, weight and forty time?</B>

Michael Oher: 6-51/4, 315. No forty time yet.

Scott Wright: You were famously the subject of Michael Lewis’ best-selling book “The Blind Side”, which they are now making into a movie. What has that whole experience been like for you and has it been more of a blessing or a curse?</B>

Michael Oher: It’s definitely been more of a blessing and more good than bad.

Scott Wright: At this point do you think you’re better known for what you’ve done on the field at Ole Miss or from the book?</B>

Michael Oher: Definitely for what I’ve done at Ole Miss.

Scott Wright: Are there any misconceptions that people form about you based on reading the book that you would like to clear up?</B>

Michael Oher: None that I know of.

Scott Wright: Perhaps one of the biggest concerns when it comes to Michael Oher as a pro prospect is a potential learning disability that could hold you back a bit when it comes to absorbing an NFL offense. Can you talk about that a bit?</B>

Michael Oher: There is no issue. I learn everything fine and rarely miss an assignment. That’s really out the door and I have no trouble learning anything.

Scott Wright: You initially declared for the 2008 NFL Draft before opting to go back for your senior year with the Rebels. What kind of feedback did you receive from the NFL’s Underclassmen Advisory Panel in terms of where they felt you would've been selected?</B>

Michael Oher: Mid 1st or early 2nd round.

Scott Wright: What would you say is your greatest strength as a football player and what area do you need to work on?</B>

Michael Oher: My quickness is my greatest strength and just being in attack mode. I need to work on finishing.

Scott Wright: What current NFL offensive tackle do you most admire and who do you think you compare favorably to?</B>

Michael Oher: Walter Jones.

Scott Wright: What is your greatest football moment to date?</B>

Michael Oher: Having L.S.U. down seven in the fourth quarter in Baton Rouge with a chance to beat them my sophomore year.

Scott Wright: Who is the best opposing player you have faced during your career?</B>

Michael Oher: Claude Wroten and Kyle Williams from L.S.U. my freshman year.

Scott Wright: Is there one younger player at Ole Miss that you see developing into a star, either at the college or pro level?</B>

Michael Oher: Johnny Brown (Sophomore Safety). Dexter McCluster (Junior Wide Receiver. Marshay Green (Junior Cornerback)

Scott Wright: Who was your favorite college or pro team growing up?</B>

Michael Oher: The Tennessee Volunteers and the Dallas Cowboys were my favorite teams. I liked Terrell Owens and Tennessee had a lot of good players.

Scott Wright: Did you have a favorite player?</B>

Michael Oher: Terrell Owens and Tennessee had a lot of good players.

Scott Wright: What current pro are you looking forward to going up against in the NFL?</B>

Michael Oher: Shawne Merriman.

Scott Wright: When did you realize that you had a future in football beyond college?</B>

Michael Oher: At the end of my junior year in high school.

Scott Wright: When you get your first NFL paycheck what is the first thing you will buy?</B>

Michael Oher: A BMW 750 Li

Scott Wright: What do you plan to do once your playing career is over?</B>

Michael Oher: Hopefully broadcast and stuff like that.

Scott Wright: What is the most embarrassing song on your iPod?</B>

Michael Oher: (Laughs)... Probably a lot of slow jams. More than normal. (Laughs)

Scott Wright: Do you have any goals in mind when it comes to the NFL Draft?</B>

Michael Oher: Definitely Top 5-10.

Scott Wright: I really appreciate the time, take care and good luck this season.</B>

Michael Oher: No problem, I appreciate it.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: should the rams worry about drafting oher?

Eh, I know it's just one interview, but I'm not impressed. Aside from the Wroten comment, he's a big fan of T.O and the first thing he wants to do is buy a very expensive car.
    All other things being equal, I'd look elsewhere..

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I would definitely look elsewhere. We got the second pick in the draft. You know Devaney is already flipping this page and looking elsewhere.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Eh, I know it's just one interview, but I'm not impressed. Aside from the Wroten comment, he's a big fan of T.O and the first thing he wants to do is buy a very expensive car.
    All other things being equal, I'd look elsewhere..
    Yep, definitely going to be a bust because he wants to buy a nice car ...

And everyone that likes T.O. must have a bad attitude ...

Claude Wroten was a dominant player in college. Has nothing to do with what he did in the pros ...