Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Should St.Louis stick with Bradford.... or go with RGIII?

richtree is offline Registered User

Re: Should St.Louis stick with Bradford.... or go with RGIII?

yeah, where was the pre-emptive strike for this post....half the league would love to have Bradford, and after RGIII measures closer to 6ft at the combine...he will be a lesser version of Michael Vick.....

RGIII can't take the monster hits of NFL defenders and doesn't have the "juke" quickness to be a big time rushing threat.....

He can be an OK job at the NFL level but seems to be a long term project.....

AND NO ONE SHOULD COMPARE HIM TO NEWTON....Newton is building like Ray Lewis with a CANNON....

If Matt Barkley was in this draft we would be talking about RGIII has a lote First Rounder....If that..

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    yeah, where was the pre-emptive strike for this post....half the league would love to have Bradford, and after RGIII measures closer to 6ft at the combine...he will be a lesser version of Michael Vick.....

RGIII can't take the monster hits of NFL defenders and doesn't have the "juke" quickness to be a big time rushing threat.....

He can be an OK job at the NFL level but seems to be a long term project.....

AND NO ONE SHOULD COMPARE HIM TO NEWTON....Newton is building like Ray Lewis with a CANNON....

If Matt Barkley was in this draft we would be talking about RGIII has a lote First Rounder....If that..
    Couldn't disagree with you more.

And if there's one thing he can do, it's avoid a rush ala Michael Vick. Your assumption that he doesn't have quickness or elusiveness only proves you either haven't really seen him play or you simply don't know what you're talking about.

And for the Rams sake let's hope he proves you wrong, at least at the combine.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

".If the Rams choose to draft Griffin and trade Bradford, they might receive two first-round draft choices plus another pick or player -- and save $26 million in the process."

If The Rams were wowed by RG3, I think it'd be stupid and irresponsible NOT to seriously consider it, especially if it was Cleveland & The Rams got two extra #1s this year,plus some other goodies as speculated.

I'm totally pro-Sam & would be shocked to see it happen but it would certainly accelerate the Snisherization of The Rams through both the draft and free agency. Think of all the extra cap room this year alone; no one would be out of reach.

If you really believe in this new regime, I don't see how you couldn't be at least intrigued. Not the same as calling Sam a bust at all,imo, which some seem to think the idea represents. Just an acknowledgement that this team still needs a lot of changes & has finite resources. Sam Bradford is the last of the mega-rookies; it's an impossible task for him to ever earn that contract. They'd have to totally bollix the opportunities it gave them for getting rid of that financial millstone not to be a plus.

And I think it's naive to believe that Fisher,et al, praising Sam is any indication that he is sacrosanct. What would you expect them to say at this point ? Wee bit counter-productive to diss a guy you might want to trade. They may well be in love with Sam but an indecent proposal like that would test any relationship, especially such an expensive inherited one.More like pimping out your mother-in-law than your wife.

Still, if you reverse the logic, I think Bradford's big price tag is more likely to keep such an offer from happening than anything.

Last edited by Azul e Oro; -02-20-2012 at 06:44 AM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=Azul e Oro;417202]". Please get rid, sorry, again.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-20-2012 at 07:36 AM.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    ".If the Rams choose to draft Griffin and trade Bradford, they might receive two first-round draft choices plus another pick or player -- and save $26 million in the process."

If The Rams were wowed by RG3, I think it'd be stupid and irresponsible NOT to seriously consider it, especially if it was Cleveland & The Rams got two extra #1s this year,plus some other goodies as speculated.

I'm totally pro-Sam & would be shocked to see it happen but it would certainly accelerate the Snisherization of The Rams through both the draft and free agency. Think of all the extra cap room this year alone; no one would be out of reach.

If you really believe in this new regime, I don't see how you couldn't be at least intrigued. Not the same as calling Sam a bust at all,imo, which some seem to think the idea represents. Just an acknowledgement that this team still needs a lot of changes & has finite resources. Sam Bradford is the last of the mega-rookies; it's an impossible task for him to ever earn that contract. They'd have to totally bollix the opportunities it gave them for getting rid of that financial millstone not to be a plus.

And I think it's naive to believe that Fisher,et al, praising Sam is any indication that he is sacrosanct. What would you expect them to say at this point ? Wee bit counter-productive to diss a guy you might want to trade. They may well be in love with Sam but an indecent proposal like that would test any relationship, especially such an expensive inherited one.More like pimping out your mother-in-law than your wife.

Still, I think Bradford's big price tag is more likely to keep such an offer from happening than anything.

Jeff Fisher has NEVER had a QB like Sam Bradford before. So why would he take a chance, on a wildcard player like RG3. Who doesn't look anything like, the pure passer Bradford is. Although he isnt too shabby throwing the ball. I feel their are way too many question marks for it to happen. With Cam fever, still in the air, I think their will be plenty of interest in Griffin. But I hope it doesn't come from Fisher. But stranger things have happened in the past. If Bradford has another bad year, the Rams may rue the day they passed on RG3. But I doubt it. I know who my allegiance's will lie with.!
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -02-20-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Why is this even a discussion? Rg3 has never proven himself in the NFL. Sure, he is a great athlete but his skills have never been tested in the NFL.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Taking the emotion out of it, it only makes good business sense to review each and every option. The Rams have many holes to fill and they need to explore all angles.

I like Sam. I like the Rams more.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Jeff Fisher has NEVER had a QB like Sam Bradford before. So why would he take a chance, on a wildcard player like RG3. Who doesn't look anything like, the pure passer Bradford is. Although he isnt too shabby throwing the ball. I feel their are way too many question marks for it to happen. With Cam fever, still in the air, I think their will be plenty of interest in Griffin. But I hope it doesn't come from Fisher. But stranger things have happened in the past. If Bradford has another bad year, the Rams may rue the day they passed on RG3. But I doubt it. I know who my allegiance's will lie with.!
    Agreed that Fisher has never had a QB with the potential as a passer that Sam has but that isn't necessarily in Bradford's favor if you're looking for clues as to Fisher's mindset, not to mention current trends in the copycat NFL.Sam is no pocket statue but McNair was a dual threat of the type that the pundits are telling us RG3 will be.No idea if Fisher agrees with them on RG3 or if he should but if you're looking for a Fisher ideal QB with the Titan history in mind....McNair was a more accurate Vick before Vick was anything but a puppy's bad dream. A guy who could rush like McNair-over 3500 yds and 30+ rush TDs over his career while being a really solid passer at the same time- certainly gives you another way to win, especially if such a QB comes packaged with two extra first round picks and a considerable financial windfall to improve the supporting cast.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I love Sam, but it's something at the the very least that has to be considered...

If not for the fact that the other 31 teams need to have the illusion that we are interested in RGIII, and we may take him ourselves.

So 'Sam is for sale', but so is the No. 2 overall pick.. So bid on up teams.

Ultimately, Sam isn't going anywhere. But I like us throwing out some smokescreens that we LOVE RGIII

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

This is pretty much a pointless conversation because no NFL GM or ownership group (not even Oakland or Washington) would be so insane as to trade for Bradford's contract.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12