Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TekeRam

Thread: Should WE Sign a Free Agent.....

1980RAMS is offline Registered User

Should WE Sign a Free Agent.....

I think we need some outside help when it comes to a WR. I would be open to them signing a additional WR. MOSS? TO...or Avery.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Should WE Sign a Free Agent.....

Problems this week came from the best cornerback depth in the league paired with injuries to those who could exploit that(Jax, Bradford, Amendola) and rookie issues with Salas and more importantly, Kendricks.

Gibson actually did beat Nnamdi on a route(that big diving catch), and though I didn't watch their coverage assigments much, I think that Nnamdi actually played against Sims-Walker whenever he was in(hence his shut down).

If our outside receivers can't do anythintg this week, THEN I'll agree. But not this week when our goal should have been to stay away from our outside guys.
    ZiaRam likes this.
    I believe!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Gibson actually did beat Nnamdi on a route(that big diving catch), and though I didn't watch their coverage assigments much, I think that Nnamdi actually played against Sims-Walker whenever he was in(hence his shut down).
    Great post Teke. Everyone is blowing up MSW but heck he was playing against one of the two top corners in the league. Is MSW in the top WR's in the league? Top 10? No so give him a break...

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TekeRam again. Doh!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

if we sign anyone it should be what we needed prior to the season kicking off.. better and more O-line depth and an extra CB .

people seem to be forgetting that yes the pre-season was shorter than usual for everyone but we have more new players than most teams. even the seasoned vets need time with their new team to gel.

i`d rather see Renardo Foster and a solid CB brought in than any wideout.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

DB, OT, and maybe even a back-up QB are higher on my list of guesses as to what Billy will be shopping for right now.

Way too early to give up on the current WRs after one game vs that super DB corps & one outing for McD & his offensive unit. DX and Pettis haven't even stepped on the field. And let's see what Salas, Kendricks, and hopefully Uh-Oh can do collectively to cover for Danny underneath and help the downfield opportunities happen more consistently.Avery is an outside possibility but not before the guys who were kept over him in the first place get more of a chance, among other issues.

The chances are slim,imo, that any FA, no matter his caliber, would be ready to contribute more than these guys now & in the 5 games before the ultimate plug n' play story himself (Clayton) gets back . TO isn't even healthy & both he and Moss would only come back to a SB contender,imo. The Rams may emerge but it's hardly a description they've earned so far.

Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User

Saw Issac Bruce at the "Temple of Gods sheep" Baptist church.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

MSW had Nmandi beat on the play where Bradford overthrew Amendola in the corner. A sure TD if Bradford sees him on the slant.