general counsel Guest

Should we spend money on our own guys?

Should we try to lock up either archuleta or travis fisher long term. Both are coming off injuries and down years and could potentially be had on the cheap, relatively speaking of course. Arch's back is scary for sure but i really like the idea of trying to lock up fisher.

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Re: Should we spend money on our own guys?

I'd be all for locking up Fisher.

viper is offline Registered User

Any idea what FS Edwards was asking for and what kind of offer he rejected from us? I'm still thinking we might want to try to keep him if we can afford it. With the need for RT a priority, I'm not so sure we'd find a FS in the draft that can step into a starting position. If not Edwards, what other options would be realistic for a good starting FS?

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Couldn't Travis Fisher play FS? I know he's about the same size as Aeneas and he's a pretty good tackler, unlike Butler. I say lock him up now. CB's prices are soaring in today's market.

majorram is offline Registered User

I would like the Rams to lock up Kevin curtis long term, his contract ends next year, he going to be a great WR and the replacement for Bruce, don't let this guy walk... maybe in the season the will lock him up!!!!

steve :ramlogo:

general counsel Guest

Major, even though his contract ends, i believe curtis would be a restricted free agent, rather than unrestricted, based on years of service. By the end of next year we will have a better idea on the isaac bruce situation as it relates to curtis. I agree curtis has real potential to be our #2 in a couple of years with bruce becoming #3 as he ages (which he has shown no signs of doing to date).

general counsel