dave626 is offline Registered User

Should we trade SJ for both our sakes?

If we trade him what kind of picks could we get for him? He is an awsome talant but we need so much as a team. Could we do like a Hershal Walker kinda trade ?

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: Should we trade SJ for both our sakes?

This is just my opinion. I have no sources to quote so take it for what it is worth.

Steven Jackson doesn't want to be traded.

I think when he puts on the Rams uniform it means something to him. I don't think you can say this about most big name players anymore.

He doesn't deserve to be traded away... he deserves to have a great team built around him.

I mean no disrespect to Faulk or the gang but no player has had to work so damn hard to be so damn good surrounded by so much damn bad.

Keep Steven Jackson and give him the support he needs.

makersncoke is offline Registered User

We've had several threads on this in the past and the general thought is most fans would rather keep Jax than give him up for trade bait. One he is the only real draw that makes fans and the media notice the Rams at the moment. The other reason is that you would be hard pressed to find a dance partner to do the deal with. IMO we should look to get Jax some help, he is on a pace for 350 carries right now and history show that when a back carries the rock that many times in a season it greatly reduces his carreer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

The Rams should settle for nothing less than a trade on the level of the Herschel Walker deal, and no NFL GM is going to be stupid enough to agree to such a deal. We'll keep Jackson and make do with what we have.

macrammer is offline Registered User

The question may be "Should we sit Steven Jackson for the rest of the year rather then risk further injury?"

Wolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    The question may be "Should we sit Steven Jackson for the rest of the year rather then risk further injury?"
    I think so. He has proven enough this year...

shroomysoup is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I think so. He has proven enough this year...
    Let's be reality. Steven Jackson is not going to sit out the rest of the season. He loves football too much.

macrammer is offline Registered User

From STL post Dispatch Bernie M;

The Status of Steven Jackson: I was surprised to see Jackson still in there late in Sundayís game, still getting slammed around in a lost cause. He has an aching back, and heís taking a beating. Is it time for some common sense to come into play here? As Bill Coats reported in Mondayís Post-Dispatch, Jackson has a herniated disc. I donít think this is a minor condition. Jackson is on a pace for 350 carries this season. Thatís a lot. I did some quick research, and since the start of the 2000 season an NFL back has reached 350 carries in a season only 20 times. And some of the guys on that 350 list broke down or burned out earlier than expected in their careers ó including Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Ahman Green, Stephen Davis, Deuce McAllister, Edgerrin James, Eddie George. Some fine running backs there. But they all seemingly lost it in a hurry. The latest example is Larry Johnson, who had 336 rushing attempts in 2005 and 416 rushes in 2006 for the KC Chiefs. Heís never been the same and hasnít come close to gaining 1,000 yards in a season after being used so much. The question is this: especially considering that Jackson is injured, does it make sense to keep pushing him in such vigorous fashion? We all wanted Jackson to be a workhorse. We all wanted him to be the centerpiece of the Rams offense. And he is. SJ39 has earned a lot of respect this season for playing hard, playing hurt, and never letting up even though the Rams are 1-12 and hopeless. But what about 2010 and beyond? It would be a shame to have Jackson come out of this season in bad shape for the future. I hope the Rams know what theyíre doing.

Sit SJ39 for better days.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I truly respect Sjax, so much that i would leave it to him.
    If it was up to me i would walk up to him, and ask him do you want to be traded?
    If he wanted to i would shop him and try to get him on the team with the best chance to win. If he didnt the issue would be dropped forever.
    I truly dont think he wants to be traded away from the rams though. I really think he loves this team.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

No way. Best back in the league, by far.

#39 Fan is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Re: Should we trade SJ for both our sakes?

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    This is just my opinion. I have no sources to quote so take it for what it is worth.

Steven Jackson doesn't want to be traded.

I think when he puts on the Rams uniform it means something to him. I don't think you can say this about most big name players anymore.

He doesn't deserve to be traded away... he deserves to have a great team built around him.

I mean no disrespect to Faulk or the gang but no player has had to work so damn hard to be so damn good surrounded by so much damn bad.

Keep Steven Jackson and give him the support he needs.
    Excellent post. I need'nt not read any further.

Trevor is offline Registered User

I feel sorry for Jackson but I don't want to trade him away..