View Poll Results: Do you think a trade of Gibson or Danny is imminent?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Brandon Gibson will be traded.

6 33.33%
  • Yes, Danny A. will be traded

0 0%
  • NO Go back to sleep, your dreaming!

11 61.11%
  • Both could be traded.

1 5.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

Obviously I know the draft is far away but just wanted to hear some thoughts of what I was thinking our FO might do in the near future before the trade deadline and before the draft. I'm thinking or smelling maybe our FO might be seeing who might be out their for a Brandon Gibson or a Danny Amendola?
    Before anyone says " who would want Gibson?" look at that we just released MSW and he was picked up instantly by the Jags again so I'm sure someone is dying for at the very least a slot/#2 /#4 guy.
    As for Danny I love him but this is the NFL and maybe not right away but we are going to have a log jam once again at WR especially if we decide to go with a WR in round #1. Not only this but we have cheaper younger options that could valuable in the slot as Pettis and Salas get their feet wet this season.

If Gibson would be traded I'd expect it to me before the trade deadline and Danny would probably be the offseason or right before or during the draft in a trade?
    Do you guys think or see any posibility that our FO might be thinking or doing something along these lines?

Last if either were traded what do you think we could get for them? Thinking for Gibby a 5th-7th round and Amendola a 3rd-6th rounder?
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -10-19-2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: nice I can't edit title! :( lol

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Obviously I know the draft is far away but just wanted to hear some thoughts of what I was thinking our FO might do in the near future before the trade deadline and before the draft. I'm thinking or smelling maybe our FO might be seeing who might be out their for a Brandon Gibson or a Danny Amendola?
    Before anyone says " who would want Gibson?" look at that we just released MSW and he was picked up instantly by the Jags again so I'm sure someone is dying for at the very least a slot/#2 /#4 guy.
    As for Danny I love him but this is the NFL and maybe not right away but we are going to have a log jam once again at WR especially if we decide to go with a WR in round #1. Not only this but we have cheaper younger options that could valuable in the slot as Pettis and Salas get their feet wet this season.

If Gibson would be traded I'd expect it to me before the trade deadline and Danny would probably be the offseason or right before or during the draft in a trade?
    Do you guys think or see any posibility that our FO might be thinking or doing something along these lines?

Last if either were traded what do you think we could get for them? Thinking for Gibby a 5th-7th round and Amendola a 3rd-6th rounder?

NFL trade deadline has come and gone

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

I'll pretend that you're asking about trading someone in the offseason/2012 draft.

Depending on how Salas and Pettis do the rest of the season, and if we choose to sign Clayton and Lloyd past this season, then I could easily see any of the other WR's on the roster traded. However, I think that your values for what we might get back are rather inflated. Gibson would only be worth a 7th, and Amendola not much more than a 6th at best. DX might grab a 6th as well, if he stays healthy all year.
    I believe!

richtree is offline Registered User

what are your crazy....no one you mentioned would get us anything but a 7th rounder if we are lucky....

besides the deadline has come an come

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Gibson for a conditional 7th at best. Amendola would reel in something like a 6th or 7th too. But its a moot point, the trade deadline was on Tuesday.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ That ought to tell you how I voted
    ManofGod likes this.

lol hmmmm it appears i thought the trading deadline was next week
    Hmm maybe in the off season....

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Gibson's trade value equals 10 brownies and a glass of milk at this point.
    ZiaRam likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Gibson's trade value equals 10 brownies and a glass of milk at this point.
    Don't be generous, I'd say 5 brownies and a half filled glass of expired milk.
    ZiaRam likes this.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Why would we trade amendolla? cause some rook performed average? amendoalla has been the heart of our wr unit, he has givin his all, and if not for him, bradford wouldnt of had near the rookie seaon he did.

in no way, shape or form do i want i want to trade amendolla. he is a beast. he is the poor mans wes welker. shame on anyone ready to give him up for a 5th or 6th round pick. he has been our most reliable receiver, he would even play right now if not for the team doctors. hes is the most loyal wr we could ever ask for, yet you are willing to trade him away for a late round pick?

maybe its just me, but he is a big part of this team for may reasons, and if your ready to write him off and trade him for nothing, then maybe thats part of whats wrong with this team. trading hard working talent that produces, that aint something i can justify ever.

all ive seen so far in the post is people ready to trade our most consistent, sure handed, heart driven, do or die wr, for a late round draft pick. i say shame on you. he has been bradfords safety net, mr. all or nothing, and yet you would give him up just like that? what a joke. if i could curse right now and not be banned i would. all i can truly say is shame on all of you. apparently the rudy of our team=6th round pick or above. makes me sad to hear.

I would trade salad/pettis away in a second if it meant keeping amendolla. unlike many of you, i dont turn my back against proven players.

why would you want to trade amendolla for a late round pick? i am seriously baffled with this.

am i the only one here who seriously appreciates what he has done for us?

i say shame on you!!!!! and this is something i will not back down from. shame on you!!!

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

uh if the market value for Lloyd was a 5th/6th what are we going to get for Amendola or Gibson a pack of smokes and a slim jim?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    if i could curse right now and not be banned i would. all i can truly say is shame on all of you.
    Sir cursing is a very basic form of communication that alot of uneducated people use as a form of cave manning ideas to eachother. I for one am apalled at this and glad YOU CANT tarnish this site with neanderthal tongue!!! Shame on you!!!

Anyways in honor of Danny I am posting this vid!

San Diego Ram and ManofGod like this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Hypothetically, if we could execute a trade at this point:

a) I believe Danny does have trade value, but I don't think teams would be real interested in a mid-season trade for a player who won't play for the rest of the season. Also, I don't see why we'd want to trade an ideal slot receiver just because we picked up a new starter on the outside.

b) I don't think Gibson has much trade value at this point. The fact that MSW was picked up by his old team after he was released in no way proves that they would have traded anything for him, nor can that be extrapolated to surmise that Gibson would therefore have trade value.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

What CB could we get for Gibson or Amendola?

We might be able to get a man made of wood, doused in petrol and playing with matches. At least he wouldn't be burnt as badly as Justin King...
    HUbison and RockinRam like this.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    uh if the market value for Lloyd was a 5th/6th what are we going to get for Amendola or Gibson a pack of smokes and a slim jim?
    Have you seen the price of cigs lately. Mayb a pack of candy cigs and a lollipop is more his value.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast