View Poll Results: Do you think a trade of Gibson or Danny is imminent?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, Brandon Gibson will be traded.

6 33.33%
  • Yes, Danny A. will be traded

0 0%
  • NO Go back to sleep, your dreaming!

11 61.11%
  • Both could be traded.

1 5.56%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Don't be generous, I'd say 5 brownies and a half filled glass of expired milk.
    As long as it's not half empty, I'm okay with that.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Should we trade a WR we have now or in the hear future for a draft pick or CB?

Not to pile on, but Gibson, maybe even both of them, are the kind of receivers that get GMs excited on the waiver wire, not the trading block.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa_Ram View Post
    why would you want to trade amendolla for a late round pick? i am seriously baffled with this.

am i the only one here who seriously appreciates what he has done for us?

i say shame on you!!!!! and this is something i will not back down from. shame on you!!!
    On the contrary, I only provided what he might be worth in a trade under the right circumstances next year at draft time. Given the fact that he is the Wes Welker of this offense and that Sam loves him, I don't think that we should look to trade him at all, unless Salas/Pettis become great slot receivers in the rest of this year. I love Amendola, and I love his toughness and want to do anything for the Rams. But if we can get something for him and have a replacement, it's reasonable to talk about it.

But don't think that by my saying what we might be able to get for him is my saying that we should trade him.
    I believe!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    On the contrary, I only provided what he might be worth in a trade under the right circumstances next year at draft time. Given the fact that he is the Wes Welker of this offense and that Sam loves him, I don't think that we should look to trade him at all, unless Salas/Pettis become great slot receivers in the rest of this year. I love Amendola, and I love his toughness and want to do anything for the Rams. But if we can get something for him and have a replacement, it's reasonable to talk about it.

But don't think that by my saying what we might be able to get for him is my saying that we should trade him.
    I had a little to much koolaid last night, so my typing and reading wanst all me lol.but i get what your saying. Just me personally, i want him to stay.

GolfnRAMFAN is online now Registered User

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't Amendola a free agent in the offseason, meaning we couldn't really trade him?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GolfnRAMFAN View Post
    Maybe I am wrong, but isn't Amendola a free agent in the offseason, meaning we couldn't really trade him?
    He is a free agent. But we could still trade him. Brandon Lloyd will be a free agent at the end of the year and we traded for him.

KoaKoi is offline Registered User

well looking at the above, i think you got your answer.

as for me, I don't see the allure. first, some of these guys need to be resigned (ie. lloyd, clayton, amendola) Not sure but Gibby might be on last year too. In any event, with this being a new system, I think the FO would want to keep some consistency in the corps. I would.

assuming all are resigned, that would allow lloyd, clayton, amendola, gibson, salas, pettis, curry, alexander + training camp fodder to compete in training camp. That's 8 players plus 3-4 scrubbs to fight for 6 spots. Plus, FO gets many more games to gauge health and adaptability to mcd's offense though.

If i were gm i wouldn't mess with that. unless an andre johnson, greg jennings, or calvin johnson type of special player becomes available (and affordable) of course.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

If you want to trade Danny you must not be watching the same Amendola i am,he is good as what he does slot/moves the chain underneath route runner.No1 is saying he is a good outside receiver but he does what we need him to do.And as far as Gibson goes.....you giving him up for 5 brownies and milk.....i wouldnt give up the milk for him.
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

FestusRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    He is a free agent. But we could still trade him. Brandon Lloyd will be a free agent at the end of the year and we traded for him.
    Umm ya your what your sayin makes sense, besides the fact that Amendolas out for the season..he couldnt even cpuldnt be considered a rental.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12