RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Should we try to get this guy sinc we have Safety Problems?

Bob Sanders. He is a great all around safety. He can go into coverage and definetly stop the run. We should get him. O he can defintely tackle also http://scothawk.com/flvswfpublish/20...itlist2003.swf. He is one of the hardest hitting safeties I have ever seen. He plays Free Safety. I want him on the Rams so badly:clanram:
    http://www.colts.com/sub.cfm?page=bio&player_id=252
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Should we try to get this guy sinc we have Safety Problems?-2005_0804_tokyo067_macht_a.jpg  

RamsFan16

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Should we try to get this guy sinc we have Safety Problems?

In my opinion, Sanders is more of a prototypical strong safety than a FS, even though that's where he's currently lining up. But I would be worried how capable he would be as a center-fielder type safety, being only 5'8" in height. Even if we wanted him, I don't know why the Colts would trade him - Sanders isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, but at least the Colts can rely on him, which is more than you can say about the guys behind him.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    In my opinion, Sanders is more of a prototypical strong safety than a FS, even though that's where he's currently lining up. But I would be worried how capable he would be as a center-fielder type safety, being only 5'8" in height. Even if we wanted him, I don't know why the Colts would trade him - Sanders isn't exactly a seasoned veteran, but at least the Colts can rely on him, which is more than you can say about the guys behind him.
    He played FS at Iowa
    RamsFan16

I understand that. I'm just saying that because of his skills in run support and his less than ideal height, I'm not sure I'd want him lining up for us at FS.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

He sure can hit though. Imagine Sanders and Arch in the same back field against the hawks. Alexander would be toast. :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68
    He sure can hit though. Imagine Sanders and Arch in the same back field against the hawks. Alexander would be toast. :clanram:
    Wouldn't Sanders be Carter with an extra year of experience. Personally, I'd rather let Carter have a chance to develop than spend picks to acquire Sanders.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I understand that. I'm just saying that because of his skills in run support and his less than ideal height, I'm not sure I'd want him lining up for us at FS.
    Height didn't stop Iowa from getting him and they are one of the best Defensive teams and there defensive minded.
    RamsFan16

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Height didn't stop Iowa from getting him and they are one of the best Defensive teams and there defensive minded.
    College is different from the pros. He's a great athlete, so obviously a school is going to go after him. But according to Colts.com, Sanders played started 36 of 45 career games at SS. He's moved back and forth for the Colts.

This is not the guy we should be looking at to shore up our FS position, IMO. He's solid in run support, a strong open field tackler, but he's going to get eaten alive by tight ends and tall receivers, especially if he's being asked to cover them man to man.

You can't honestly tell me that if Larry Fitzgerald (6'3") gets a step on his man, you'd feel comfortable with 5'8" Bob Sanders dropping back to help cover him.

I'd much rather have Mike Doss than Bob Sanders, though with his legal problems, Doss isn't that attractive of a candidate either.