throwback week

Thread: Shuan Alexander

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Shuan Alexander

I sure hope he doesn't break Eric Dickerson's single season rushing record. Maybe once he gets about a yard close Holmgren pulls him out.

HA HA! LOL

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Shuan Alexander

Not likely. He'd have to average 180 yards a game the rest of the way to do it and that's not going to happen. Now the single season rushing TD record, that's another story.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Fascinating how things turn out. the giants pass on him to take ron dayne. the seahawks try to trade him to the eagles and everyone else for a #3 pick and no one wants the guy. He signs the tender and look where the hawks are now. Terrific back, not marshall in his prime, but a great back none the less. Of course, with that line, dez could gain 1200 yards and while we all know that dez still has some breakaway speed, he has lost a step hitting the hole.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Fascinating how things turn out. the giants pass on him to take ron dayne. the seahawks try to trade him to the eagles and everyone else for a #3 pick and no one wants the guy. He signs the tender and look where the hawks are now. Terrific back, not marshall in his prime, but a great back none the less. Of course, with that line, dez could gain 1200 yards and while we all know that dez still has some breakaway speed, he has lost a step hitting the hole.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Dont know about that G.C. I came across a spycam on Dez doing workouts and he was nailing the 40 yard dash at 4.5 seconds consistantly.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Dez....running a 4.5? maybe in the 10 or possibly the 20....no way in the 40.....unless a bathroom wasn't close by.....

(as tx ducks from a whizzing projectile, he chuckles under his breath wondering..."how am I going to get out of this mess")

RamJackson39 Guest

Alexander wont break it, but if anyone did I would want it to be him. He's a great guy that I've met a few times when he's come back down here to Alabama. He was a great player down here and looks like he gets better with each passing season.

BTW, how different would the Hawks season be without Alexander? Say what you will about that O-Line, the RB has to have the vision to hit the hole. He has gotten most of his yards off of the right side and has a nose for the endzone that is just amazing. 5 TDs in one half, wow.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    Hah! The only way Dez could register a 4.5 would be if it were on the Richter Scale when he hits the ground!
    That wasn't nice, Tx. You should take that back.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I would if I would had said it but that's too funny to come from my keyboard. I wonder who's (Av's) keyboard that could have come from.

Gee, glad the boss has a sense of humor.

Large_Ant Guest

He probably won't even get 2000 yards, much less break the record. Especially after being sat for half of the last game. But I do think he'll break Priest Holmes record. The Titans (who we have in two weeks) have a really crappy run defense, as do the Packers. I think he'll cash in on those two.

Hawkfandyno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    He has gotten most of his yards off of the right side and has a nose for the endzone that is just amazing.
    Actually, the left side behind big walt and Hutch, but thats just nitpickin.

RamJackson39 Guest

Actually, the left side behind big walt and Hutch, but thats just nitpickin.
    I believe I read somewhere before that Alexander has more TD's off the side, but his game by game stats reveal that most of his yards come off of the right side.

Hawkfandyno Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39
    I believe I read somewhere before that Alexander has more TD's off the side, but his game by game stats reveal that most of his yards come off of the right side.
    Left side--565, 16 tds
    middle--285, 1 td
    right side--539, 5 tds

just looked it up, and it actually is alot closer than i thought it was. seems like everytime i see him run, its behind Jones and Hutchinson.