bruce4life is offline Registered User

Shurmer's Playcalling...

is spotty, he def had some spots where you just shook your head in disgust today folks. Love the trust in Bradford but have to give the ball to SJ39 more

Shale is offline Registered User

Re: Shurmer's Playcalling...

I thought today was more about surprising our opponent and serving notice to the NFC West. I would bet that AZ showed up expecting 39-FTW, and they probably stacked the box against that fact. Today the Rams showed everyone that even if you close the gaps, even if you blitz the kid, we can handle it.

Make no mistake, the Cards "escaped" with a win. In my mind, we just jumped ahead of the Niners as the "team to watch."
    </shale>

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I thought today was more about surprising our opponent and serving notice to the NFC West. I would bet that AZ showed up expecting 39-FTW, and they probably stacked the box against that fact. Today the Rams showed everyone that even if you close the gaps, even if you blitz the kid, we can handle it.

Make no mistake, the Cards "escaped" with a win. In my mind, we just jumped ahead of the Niners as the "team to watch."
    Whoa partner, lets not go crazy here.

I really was disgusted with all the screens and short routes. If we are trying to protect Sam and gain a few yards at the same time- GIVE IT TO SJ! At least if we do that, he has a chance to break away for a few extra yards.

Shale is offline Registered User

Guess I saw a different game. From my vantage point it seemed like every time SJ touched the ball there were 2-3 red jerseys close at hand. He doesn't have a good lead blocker to take control of the game, that is going to limit his effectiveness. With Bradford showing he can play, the NFC West now has to play us different.

Maybe I was a bit optimistic but the truth is that ever team looks at the Rams as a "shut down the run" team, today showed them that is too simplistic. I like that ...
    </shale>

The Rammer is offline Registered User

Needed to run more. If we gave it to SJ39 more, especially on the second to last drive, we win this game. Also, Clifton Ryan is an idiot for fumbling the ball away.

Judaxi is offline Registered User

We can only give the ball to the Predator so many times though. We really need another RB that can help carry the load.

ramfan56 is offline Registered User

we should have won head strong. we all know this. the ryan fumble recovery fumble, the bartell drop. we gave them too many chances. and see what happend?

we are good to go. tune up the loose ends and we will win football games.

stay strong fellow ram fans and thank the Lord chris long's momentum continued over the off season.

he deserves another thread of his own after his play today.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ramfan56 View Post
    we should have won head strong. we all know this. the ryan fumble recovery fumble, the bartell drop. we gave them too many chances. and see what happend?

we are good to go. tune up the loose ends and we will win football games.

stay strong fellow ram fans and thank the Lord chris long's momentum continued over the off season.

he deserves another thread of his own after his play today.
    Any Sacks today for Chris?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Shale View Post
    I thought today was more about surprising our opponent and serving notice to the NFC West. I would bet that AZ showed up expecting 39-FTW, and they probably stacked the box against that fact. Today the Rams showed everyone that even if you close the gaps, even if you blitz the kid, he can handle it.

Adjusted.

Not sure about the coaching staff, defense, or line. The same mental and on field errors that characterized last year's 1-15 squad still crept around the edges. I can't help but think that with a slightly more accurate quarterback, Arizona would have smoked us.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    I can't help but think that with a slightly more accurate quarterback, Arizona would have smoked us.
    This is unfortunately a very valid point. If it would have been Warner out there hitting Fitz in stride rather than Anderson missing him in every which way, this game probably wouldn't have been as close as it was. But, you play the guys that line up across from you.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

S-Jax got 22 carries and the past 5 years no one has more millage than him. IMO 20-25 Carries a game is exactly where he should be. The problem is the run blocking wasn't that great and we don't have anyone coming off the bench to gives us 7-12 carries of the bench.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    S-Jax got 22 carries and the past 5 years no one has more millage than him. IMO 20-25 Carries a game is exactly where he should be. The problem is the run blocking wasn't that great and we don't have anyone coming off the bench to gives us 7-12 carries of the bench.
    Which comes back to the front office and coaching staff. It's not like this problem crept up on us or anything.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    The ratio at halftime was 26 pass attempts to 8 touches for SJ. That's an Andy Reid gameplan.

I understand wanting to come out and show you're not afraid to let your rookie QB throw the ball, but the Rams need to get their best player more involved in the gameplan. The Cardinals incorporated Tim Hightower in the first half more than the Rams incorporated Jackson.

When the Rams finally did start feeding Jackson in the second half, they weren't effective running the ball. Jackson was averaging 5.9 a carry in the first half; his second half average was 2.4 yards per carry. And many argued that the OL would prove to be a strength in 2010. So far, they're not off to a great start in proving that case.