Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Shurmur wasn't sure

Get that? The guy just didn't know whether to wear some men's or women's underwear. So he put on the panties for this game just in case. Poor job from everyone. It lays on his shoulders because the play calling was flat out gutless.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: Shurmur wasn't sure

I'm not even gonna try to stick up for any of the Rams coach's after tonight.

Seattle is a bad team. Even the "We don't have a #1 WR" excuse is no excuse.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Get that? The guy just didn't know whether to wear some men's or women's underwear. So he put on the panties for this game just in case. Poor job from everyone. It lays on his shoulders because the play calling was flat out gutless.
    I have to agree. I realize we are lacking at wr but 2 deep throws the entire game. Not to mention the dink and dunk all game long. No screen plays to Jackson all game. Taking Jackson off the field when all we have is Darby on third down is a mistake. No fade to Alexander in the endzone when that is a safe play and he is a big guy. The drops by the wr's were bad as well. Our run defense sucked in the end but considering they were on the field the whole game i cant blame them.

Well we won more games then I thought but you cant help but be disappointed it wont be us getting killed next week instead the Hags get to lose by 30.

On a side note the refs giving the Hags that first down when the guy was clearly down by a yard short was HORRENDOUS. How can you signal first down when the ball was even spotted short? Not blaming the refs but I thought they were HORRID all game missing several holding calls on the Hags.
    Just Fix It

rams4life88 is offline Registered User

Pat Shurmur needs to be fired. The defense did its job today and basically was on the field the whole game. Seattle played to win this game. Shurmur's playcalling was ridiculous. Flat out. Our receivers didn't help either. The balls that did get to them were more than catchable and they couldn't hold on to it to save their lives. We definetely need a number one receiver next year and a play caller who's not afraid to win the game. Tough loss to swallow. O well, Seattle will be one and done next week.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson got 11 carries only. averaged 4.5 yards a carry on 45 yards. Why did we go away from him?

chiguy is offline Registered User

You all should have jumped on my bandwagon three weeks ago when I made these same points. The dropped passes don't explain the use of Jackon or the absence of even an attempt downfield when we were running the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiianpunch View Post
    Steven Jackson got 11 carries only. averaged 4.5 yards a carry on 45 yards. Why did we go away from him?
    Because Shurmur would rather throw quick screens for one yard losses than give the rock to Jackson when hes having success.
    Just Fix It

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    You all should have jumped on my bandwagon three weeks ago when I made these same points. The dropped passes don't explain the use of Jackon or the absence of even an attempt downfield when we were running the ball.
    Three weeks ago? The band waggon was rolling long before that.

swatter555 is offline Registered User

Without all of those dropped passes, Shurmur might have looked like a genius. Ok, maybe thats going too far, but it was execution in Seattle, not Shurmur.

You want your OC to put your players in position to make plays. When the players drop several deep passes, thats on them.

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    Without all of those dropped passes, Shurmur might have looked like a genius. Ok, maybe thats going too far, but it was execution in Seattle, not Shurmur.

You want your OC to put your players in position to make plays. When the players drop several deep passes, thats on them.
    I see your point but then what was the excuse for not using S-Jax? He was starting to get some momentum and Shurmur chooses to throw 2 to 5 yard passes every play.
    Just Fix It

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Because Shurmur would rather throw quick screens for one yard losses than give the rock to Jackson when hes having success.
    This.

Shurmur: "It'll work I tells ya, it'll work!"

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post

Exactly...which is why our all pro RB should out there on more third downs, get more than eleven carries, and given the ball on third and short. The recovers stink, that doesn't begin to explain the terrible decisions made in the game plan.

Quote Originally Posted by supachump View Post
    Three weeks ago? The band waggon was rolling long before that.
    Oh...I know. But that is when I actually posted. Where were you folks then when everyone told me I was nuts!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Jackson > Karney

That's all I have to say

svh01 is offline Registered User

i think we really need a new coaching staff. Spags is more to blame than Shurmur. The Rams have done the same thing ALL YEAR LONG, and Spags did nothing to correct it. Spags remind of Marty Shottenhiemer(sp?) or Tony Dungy. They play not to lose instead of playing to win. I know Dungy has a Superbowl, but with the talented Bucs and Colts teams he should have won 2 or 3 at minimum. Sometimes I feel like the coaching staff went with short passes to showcase Bradford instead playing to win. Week 1 was a perfect example of that. 55 pass in a low scoring 4 point game! Who does that when you have stud running back?

I will say that it did feel good to at least be in the playoff hunt for a change. That being said, I don't expect any real big changes in the coaching staff until 2012.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast