Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Shut up and bring on the Hawks!

Okay, that's enough!

I've heard enough complaining. Enough backhanded praise. Enough worries.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE. The Rams need to do a better job in the Red Zone, need to stuff the run better, need to rush the passer better... No big insights there.

But the team is making enough plays to win games. I'm tired of that fact being discounted.

Yes - three of the four wins were against teams that will likely be below .500 at the end of the year. Fine. I give you that. Because of the level of competition, we really don't know quite how good this Rams team can be.

But why debate it? There's a much better way of answering the question.

Wait until this Sunday.

If the Rams can beat the Seahawks on Sunday (whether the score is 3-2, 10-7, 41-38 or any other score), you have to accept that this team - despite its flaws - is worthy of its record.

If the Rams fall apart and lose, feel free to feel vindicated. Feel free to say "See!?! This team can't get away with ugly wins against good teams!"

But first give them the chance.

This Sunday will tell the story.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: Shut up and bring on the Hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay, that's enough!

I've heard enough complaining. Enough backhanded praise. Enough worries.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE. The Rams need to do a better job in the Red Zone, need to stuff the run better, need to rush the passer better... No big insights there.

But the team is making enough plays to win games. I'm tired of that fact being discounted.

Yes - three of the four wins were against teams that will likely be below .500 at the end of the year. Fine. I give you that. Because of the level of competition, we really don't know quite how good this Rams team can be.

But why debate it? There's a much better way of answering the question.

Wait until this Sunday.

If the Rams can beat the Seahawks on Sunday (whether the score is 3-2, 10-7, 41-38 or any other score), you have to accept that this team - despite its flaws - is worthy of its record.

If the Rams fall apart and lose, feel free to feel vindicated. Feel free to say "See!?! This team can't get away with ugly wins against good teams!"

But first give them the chance.

This Sunday will tell the story.
    My new mantra is "Just win!". Your right AV, the team isn't playing it's best, but it is making enough plays to get it done. Winning ugly is better than loosing ugly.

I think they have a great chance to do damage on Sunday. With out Alexander it makes the defense's job a little easier; not that I expect them to dominate, (though a shut out would be nice) but if they can continue to come up with big plays on both sides of the ball we should win.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMMAN68 View Post
    I think they have a great chance to do damage on Sunday. With out Alexander it makes the defense's job a little easier; not that I expect them to dominate, (though a shut out would be nice) but if they can continue to come up with big plays on both sides of the ball we should win.
    I agree that the Seahawks' rushing attack is much, much less scary with Alexander. However, the Rams allowed Noah Herron (who?) to run for 106 yards. Mo Morris is no Shaun, but he's at least as good as this Herron kid.

With Shaun gone, the Seahawks have focused even more on the pass. We've basically been without a TE for the last 4-games, but we get Stevens back this week (this can't be underestimated, his absence has been huge). Add Stevens to our GSOT-esq WR corps and all the sudden the Hawk offense looks pretty nasty, well, unless you have the Bears' D that is.

Realistically though, on paper the Hawks' offense looks brutal, but they have not performed up to standards yet this year ( except against NY, but credit our D for that too). It will be interesting to see how the Rams' D holds up.

Hawks/Rams always make for great games, I have no doubt this one will be no exception.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I think this team just may have a tendency to play to the level of their competition. Maybe I'm dead wrong, but that's the feeling I get, so I'm looking forward to playing some good teams. Bring on the Seahawks and let's see where we really stand.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    Add Stevens to our GSOT-esq
    Ahhhhhhhhhh yeah right. Seahawks are not GSOT a matter of fact that designation ONLY BELONGS TO US!!! THE RAMS ARE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF®, THE CHARGERS WERE AIR COREAL, THE STEELERS HAD FEARSOME 4, AND THE WHINERS ARE GOLD GAY MEN, BUT THE SEAHAWKS, THE SHEHAWKS ARE NOT, NOT AND WILL NEVER BE GSOT!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Milan is offline Registered User

Didn't we have the fearsome foursome?

The Steelers had the Steel Curtain, no?

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

You are right, but in a fit of anger because Bela shot up my blood pressure I wasn't able to concentrate.

Rams GSOT®, Steelers Steel Curtain, and SF Whiners Gold Gay Men.

Thanks for correcting me. The Seasquawks can never be GSOT!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    Ahhhhhhhhhh yeah right. Seahawks are not GSOT a matter of fact that designation ONLY BELONGS TO US!!! THE RAMS ARE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF®, THE CHARGERS WERE AIR COREAL, THE STEELERS HAD FEARSOME 4, AND THE WHINERS ARE GOLD GAY MEN, BUT THE SEAHAWKS, THE SHEHAWKS ARE NOT, NOT AND WILL NEVER BE GSOT!!!
    By capitalizing your letters you otherwise thoughtless post has become so much more persuasive. Congratulations, you should think about becoming a lawyer…

Please re-read my post, carefully, instead of pulling 5-words out of context.

Nowhere did I say the Seahawks were the GSOT. Rather, I merely used an analogy familiar to Rams' fans to describe our current WR group. A group that, for all practical purposes, consists of 4 1000-yard receivers.

THE RAMS ARE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF®,
    By the way... the Rams WERE the greatest show on turf. Right now they are a team that barely squeaked by 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.

majorram is offline Registered User

I don't care HOW WE WIN guys...................JUST WIN THE BALL game, I'm just enjoying this ride with our Boys.... yes we have flaws... so do all the teams in the NFL... OK maybe not the Bears at the moment BUT!! I can't wait until Sunday.... we have REAL chance at HOME and man the Crowd have to be up for this!!!! I know I will be having my usual HEART ATTACK over the pond!!!

Come ON BOYS!!!

steve:l
    "The breakfast Club"

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

By the way... the Rams WERE the greatest show on turf. Right now they are a team that barely squeaked by 3 of the worst teams in the NFL.
    Throwing down the Gauntlet huh??? So if we squeak by your boys what will you say then???Will your boys be considered one of the worst in the NFL?
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    Throwing down the Gauntlet huh??? So if we squeak by your boys what will you say then???Will your boys be considered one of the worst in the NFL?
    I already said in another post that a Ram win this weekend would prove a lot.

The Seahawks have been less than impressive this year too though. Much of the criticism I leveled against the Rams could be used against the Seahawks – especially on the road where we got demolished in Chicago and barely beat Detroit.

The next 6-weeks will define who this Ram team is. You’re 4-1 headed into a Sea, @SD, KC, @Sea, @Car stretch. If you come out of that 7-3 or better I’ll tip my hat, but my hunch is you’re looking at 5-5.

There’s plenty of excuses. For the Rams, it’s that you can only play the teams on your schedule and a win is a win. For the Hawks, its injuries, injuries and more injuries. But the fact is neither team has looked all that impressive.

Also, can I remind people that this is not a smack forum, so lets all keep this area fan friendly

bruce4life is offline Registered User

You are right, but in a fit of anger because Bela shot up my blood pressure I wasn't able to concentrate.

Rams GSOT®, Steelers Steel Curtain, and SF Whiners Gold Gay Men.

Thanks for correcting me. The Seasquawks can never be GSOT!!!
    Love the whiner comment, when we are talking about the rams and seahawk's game, you can always take a moment to make fun of the niners... love it...

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

There’s plenty of excuses. For the Rams, it’s that you can only play the teams on your schedule and a win is a win. For the Hawks, its injuries, injuries and more injuries. But the fact is neither team has looked all that impressive.
    And we too have had our share of injuries, so that comparison is out the window. I take exception of your comparison of the GSOT of the past and your current hawk offense. Not even close, so lets not go there.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Love the whiner comment, when we are talking about the rams and seahawk's game, you can always take a moment to make fun of the niners... love it...
    No doubt, two things Seahawk and Rams fans have in common: Our hatred of the *****, and our amusement of the ever optimistic Cardinal fans.

Hey did you hear? The Cardinals are going to be good this year (last year too)!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast