Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Shut up and bring on the Hawks!

point to note.
    The infraction system is new and Avenger never realised that a 5 point is an automatic ban, the system made the ban. Bela would automaticly get banned but the ban would wear off in 10 days.
    I have adjusted this to a 3 point ban to allow bela to continue, in the spirit of friendly rivalry.
    ps

:seasux:

Also, can I just point out that I will be watching this thread carefully and ANYONE breaking the rules will catch it around the back of the ear from me, right.

:bash:

bela is offline Registered User

As appreciation for my freedom I'll respond to your original post AR.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Okay, that's enough!

I've heard enough complaining. Enough backhanded praise. Enough worries.

WE ALL KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEMS ARE. The Rams need to do a better job in the Red Zone, need to stuff the run better, need to rush the passer better... No big insights there.

But the team is making enough plays to win games. I'm tired of that fact being discounted.

Yes - three of the four wins were against teams that will likely be below .500 at the end of the year. Fine. I give you that. Because of the level of competition, we really don't know quite how good this Rams team can be.

But why debate it? There's a much better way of answering the question.

Wait until this Sunday.

If the Rams can beat the Seahawks on Sunday (whether the score is 3-2, 10-7, 41-38 or any other score), you have to accept that this team - despite its flaws - is worthy of its record.

If the Rams fall apart and lose, feel free to feel vindicated. Feel free to say "See!?! This team can't get away with ugly wins against good teams!"

But first give them the chance.

This Sunday will tell the story.
    I don't think if the Rams win Sunday that they are going to open that many eyes. We aren't sure what to expect out of the Hawks this week, depening on your point of view they are struggling.

Unfortunately then, is it the Rams that are good or the Seahawks in a downward spiral? I think you'll see a lot of opinions for the latter.

Also, I don't think anyone isn't saying the Rams aren't worth of their record. But they are putting things in perspective. The Rams have had a cakewalk schedule thus far, and really should be 5-0. I don't think that's unreasonable though, people were saying the same thing about the Chargers early. Until you play and beat a couple good teams that are playing well, nobody is going to think the Rams are for real.

Oh, and how do I add a signature here?

-----------------

End the moderator oppression… Free Bela!

http://www.petitiononline.com/freebela/petition.html

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The problem is a lack of perspective. Those who are saying that the Rams aren't as good as their record (and there are plenty of fans and media types saying just that) are missing the point.

Last year: 16 games, 6 wins
    This year: 5 games, 4 wins

THAT IS THE POINT.

Nobody is saying the Rams have suddenly become a juggernaut. They are not the 1999 team that, right out of the gate, was blowing teams out.

But they are clearly moving in the right direction. If they can continue to improve, they'll be in contention for the playoffs this year which, once again, is a pretty good feat for a team that went 6-10 last year.

As for how a win this week would impact the way people view the Rams, I think you underestimate the effect. The Hawks, notwithstanding Alexander's injury and their offensive struggles, are still the reigning division and conference champion. If the Rams beat them, they can't be labeled a team who "hasn't beaten anyone." Plus, they'd be in first in their division by a game and one-half.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

More than reasonable comment. The context of our teams current perfromances may become clearer after this weekend, but not by much I think. Both teams have questions to answer and an adverse result for either of them this weekend doesn't spell the end of the season for either.

What will be interesting to see is how we or the Hawks respond to it. That will tell us quite a bit about just how good we are.

Big game, but then we don't need Torry to tell us that do we?

bela is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The problem is a lack of perspective. Those who are saying that the Rams aren't as good as their record (and there are plenty of fans and media types saying just that) are missing the point.

Last year: 16 games, 6 wins
    This year: 5 games, 4 wins

THAT IS THE POINT.

Nobody is saying the Rams have suddenly become a juggernaut. They are not the 1999 team that, right out of the gate, was blowing teams out.

But they are clearly moving in the right direction. If they can continue to improve, they'll be in contention for the playoffs this year which, once again, is a pretty good feat for a team that went 6-10 last year.

As for how a win this week would impact the way people view the Rams, I think you underestimate the effect. The Hawks, notwithstanding Alexander's injury and their offensive struggles, are still the reigning division and conference champion. If the Rams beat them, they can't be labeled a team who "hasn't beaten anyone." Plus, they'd be in first in their division by a game and one-half.
    I think that's fair. There's little doubt the Rams have improved dramatically since last year.

I don't know about this "don't deserve their record" business though. I'm not sure I even know what that means.

You are what your record is. The Rams are 4-1, in first place. They have beaten the teams on their schedule. I'm the first to point out that they've had a pretty easy go of it thus far, and certainly that needs to be considered when looking at W-L, but I don't get how that translates to not "deserving."

One things for sure though, the goings are going to get a lot tougher for the Rams over the next 6-weeks.

-------------
    End the moderator oppression… Free Bela!

http://www.petitiononline.com/freebela/petition.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123