Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ScottD413 is offline Registered User

SI.com NFL Truth and Rumors

This is total BS and I don't buy it for a minute, but here is what they had to say about our Rams today:

"Now what? In terms of experience and production, the Jets suffered perhaps the biggest single-day dropoff at one position in NFL history, going from Brett Favre to The Three Standbys - Kellen Clemens, Brett Ratliff and Erik Ainge. Favre's retirement Wednesday left a crater-sized hole in the lineup - one veteran player, speaking anonymously, ripped management for the current plight - but GM Mike Tannenbaum and new coach Rex Ryan did their best to sell the potential upside of the three young quarterbacks. Keep an eye on the Rams' Marc Bulger, a potential salary-cap casualty. He's a player who would interest the Jets."

This guy obviously knows nothing about the Rams. There is no way Bulger could be a cap casualty because, as we all know, the penalty for cutting him loose is too great. As far as a trade goes, who would they trade us? And then what would we do for a QB? Silly silly article

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: SI.com NFL Truth and Rumors

Well we could just hire one of our fans. Some of them are such great quarterbacks they know everything about success at the position.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Wow...

I think there should be a ban on SI related articles. The guys who work there obviously are chimpanzees. They have no clue what they're talking about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

GameTime is offline Registered User

Knowing this article is stupid, if this did happen who would we start at QB1?

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    Wow...

I think there should be a ban on SI related articles. The guys who work there obviously are chimpanzees. They have no clue what they're talking about.
    I don't know, they did dig up the whole A ROD deal. As far as Bulger, I just don't see him going anywhere unless they pick up his contract. Not sure how that goes, but im sure Nick, AV, or Hub could enlighten me on the cap implications of trading Bulger....

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by C-Mob 71 View Post
    I don't know, they did dig up the whole A ROD deal. As far as Bulger, I just don't see him going anywhere unless they pick up his contract. Not sure how that goes, but im sure Nick, AV, or Hub could enlighten me on the cap implications of trading Bulger....
    On what was a confidential test. They have also uncovered other controversies but revealing the A Rod thing would be like the police searching someone's house without a permit. Very poor journalism even with A Rod being guilty.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jmk321 View Post
    On what was a confidential test. They have also uncovered other controversies but revealing the A Rod thing would be like the police searching someone's house without a permit. Very poor journalism even with A Rod being guilty.

100% wrong. Not to make this an A-Rod thread, but the Feds had a search warrant for the lab where the "confidential tests " were located. They were legally seized, and Gene Orza & the Major league baseball Players Union have only themselves to blame. Rather than maintain their confidentiality, Orza got greedy, hoped to find enough false positives to prevent a mandatory testing policy from being put into place by MLB and foolishly attached names to the tests, never subsequently destroying them. A-Rod and the union don't deserve your sympathy.

As for Bulger, I don't know how the NFL works in terms of teams picking up contracts. If a team were allowed to trade for Bulger and pick up the remaining money owed to him without hurting the Rams in terms of cap then it could be done, but that's the only way I could see it happening.
    That said, unless the Rams are picking a QB with their #1 pick (two chances: slim and none), why would they do this? Makes no sense.

maineram is offline Registered User

Many here may dislike Bulger and want him and his contract gone. If that does happen, who would be behind center for 2009 ?

Green, Berlin ?
    Trade for another veteran or young up and comer ?
    Use the first pick on this years Manning ......... or Leaf ?

I would prefer keeping Bulger, hopefully with a restructured contract. Most would have to admit that Marc has been a team player since he became the starter. Restructuring and giving the team some salary cap space to help the team is something I see Marc doing.
    Use a lower round pick this year to hopefully become our starter in a few years after learning from behind the clip board.

We have enough overall team needs without adding another biggie to the list.

Maineram -
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

As with most things related to SI, I recommend shredding this and using it as fertilizer for your garden, because this sounds like the purest BS this side of Washington, D.C.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

It was a mistake giving bulger his huge contract in the first place and it could prove to be a load stone. But there are other considerations about a Bulger Jets deal.

Namely do the Jets really want him? Considering his lack of success with the Rams, I would say Bulger going to the Jets is remote. As already mentioned Bulger's salary is a major issue. Those business considerations make it highly doubtful the deal would get done. But considering how resent business blunders that have come to light these pass few months, its possible

But from both a Ram perspective and a football one--Others have mentioned who would replace Bulger? Who? The league has lots of retread QBs running around but darn few Mannings. Also lacking solid QB for a HC is flirting with disaster. Cowher luckly keep his job despite his experiment with "Slash" Stewart. And not finding a NFL QB altimately cost Billick his job when his defense couldn't make get the Ravens to the playoffs. Still QB troubles plagued the Rams prior to Trent Green, Warner and Bulger---anyone remember the fun the Rams had prior to Everett?

If the Rams use their pick for a QB, is going to be expensive. Unless there is another Brady 5th rounder out there I dont see the Rams drafting a QB

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    It was a mistake giving bulger his huge contract in the first place and it could prove to be a load stone. But there are other considerations about a Bulger Jets deal.

Namely do the Jets really want him? Considering his lack of success with the Rams, I would say Bulger going to the Jets is remote. As already mentioned Bulger's salary is a major issue. Those business considerations make it highly doubtful the deal would get done. But considering how resent business blunders that have come to light these pass few months, its possible

But from both a Ram perspective and a football one--Others have mentioned who would replace Bulger? Who? The league has lots of retread QBs running around but darn few Mannings. Also lacking solid QB for a HC is flirting with disaster. Cowher luckly keep his job despite his experiment with "Slash" Stewart. And not finding a NFL QB altimately cost Billick his job when his defense couldn't make get the Ravens to the playoffs. Still QB troubles plagued the Rams prior to Trent Green, Warner and Bulger---anyone remember the fun the Rams had prior to Everett?

If the Rams use their pick for a QB, is going to be expensive. Unless there is another Brady 5th rounder out there I dont see the Rams drafting a QB
    Yes! Deiter Brock Baby!! WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    As with most things related to SI, I recommend shredding this and using it as fertilizer for your garden, because this sounds like the purest BS this side of Washington, D.C.
    You will never shred my Swimsuit Editions! NEVER!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

All I can say to this is that sure, Bulger could have been a cap casualty, except for the fact that he'll count MORE against the cap if we release him!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ScottD413 View Post
    This is total BS
    I don't buy it for a minute
    This guy obviously knows nothing about the Rams.
    Silly silly article
    All good indications on when to pass on posting an NFL rumor.

rammiser is offline Registered User

There is no way this is happening. If it did there is no way Bulger would survive the Jets. As bad as Rams fans tear him up New Yorkers would chew him up and spit him out. I think Bulger will succeed in the west coast and we will be fine at qb for a few years.
    Just Fix It

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast