Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Sick of these Media jokes

It seems fox sports radio has been bashing the Rams as of late. I did not hear it myself for I dont really listen to the radio often. My co worker who is a die hard sports fan much like myself told me they were just slamming the Rams. They had stated that the Rams would be lucky to get seven wins and that Marshall will be real great rolling down the field in a wheelchair.That is the comment that got me pissed. How disrespectful could you be. The guy is future Hall of Famer show some class and respect. Its hard on these guys when their bodies start folding on them. Having to admit to themselves that their career is probably over.

I really dont know how these people come up with this crap. The Rams are a big question mark right now. They have added good players to every phase of defence. Then they got a great defensive coordinator. The offence is there any question that they could put up the numbers? To just say oh they will suck with no basis for that opinion other then Marshalls out????????????

Then a couple days later I beleive friday they went as far as to bash Holt. It just shows how dumb these broadcasters are. I will ask my buddy to get me their names so we could all know who the jack A** morons are. Somebody had called in and mentioned he drafted Holt in his Fantasy league. One broadcaster started luaghing and said and I quote "I almost pissed myself laughing at the stupidity in picking Holt". What the hell is going on here? The Rams have a couple rough seasons and now Holt sucks???? Where do they get that his numbers are stellar.

REC YDS AVG TD
    619 9487 15.3 54 These are his career numbers since 99. Look at that average.

REC YDS AVG TD
    102 1331 13.0 9 This is 2005 with injury. These numbers are ridiculously good for a player that missed a couple games.

I know I should not let it bother me but the fact that these guys are getting paid to talk football and they dont know jack **** about the game. Classless absolutely classless. Seriously how could we take the sports media seriously when there is so many of these idiots involved.

LET'S GO DODGERS

Re: Sick of these Media jokes

Well I am sure glad that I can not get that stuff, I would be all over the place on the media ....... We know the Rams are an unknown quantity at this time and I agree with you, we don't know what we have but to say that about Holt and Faulk just shows the inteligence level of these "people"

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Most of the sports radio talk guys are just too full of themselves regardless of who they are talking about. I have a hard time listening to most of them. The only time there is anything worthwhile (NFL-wise) to hear is when they have John Clayton or Mort, or a player/coach with a good sense of humor on in an interview. As far as their opinions go concerning the NFL, I could care less as it appears they are more interested in just being controversial.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Id wager these were some clowns from a LOCAL radio talk show. Hardly worth discussing since they most likely arent too informed about many teams other than their local club(s). Any credible, national radio/tv sports host would NEVER talk like that about a player the caliber of Faulk or Holt. Anyone who would 'diss' either of those guys is a clueless circus chimp.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Id wager these were some clowns from a LOCAL radio talk show. Hardly worth discussing since they most likely arent too informed about many teams other than their local club(s). Any credible, national radio/tv sports host would NEVER talk like that about a player the caliber of Faulk or Holt. Anyone who would 'diss' either of those guys is a clueless circus chimp.
    Is there such thing as credible anymore. Maybe Madden and a couple of the other old timers. All I hear now is Rome clones. Everyone is looking for the controversial statement that will launch them. Trey Wingo, Sean Salisbury, and the rest of the ESPN clowns are always saying stupid statements with no validity. If I have to listen to the always biased Theisman do another Rams game this year I will scream.

I just think the art of broadcasting, reporting, and sports journalism has a hit an all time low in general.I really am sick of it. It used to be an art form now it is just sarcasm and not even good sarcasm.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Whenever the Rams fall on hard times, the media loves to pounce. The good thing is we get the chance to shut them up. It's time to step up and take advantage of that chance.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I think that any reporter who disses a player should be forced to participate in a full contact practice with the team he dissed. Personally, I don't know how big the sphincter was who made these comments was, but I know one thing: Marshall might be a little guy who has injuries, but I'd be willing to bet that he could give this so-called radio professional a really nice ass whoopin'. Same goes with Torry.

You want to know what's really funny? Marshall and Torry earn more in a day than this "sportscaster" makes in a year. The "sportscaster" has probably never seen a football field unless it was on TV. Heck, he probably thinks soccer is football.

Ignore the jerk. After all, the poor guy has enough to deal with considering all the inbreeding his family has done for generations. And the only HOF this "sportscaster" will be in is the 'sex offender database' the FBI runs.

coy bacon is offline Registered User

I'm laughing at you guys.

C'mon bros, you're reacting to journalists (or broadcasters if you will)! They're shills. They're a combination of frustrated writers/actors/politicians. Are they stupid? Yes! Enough already.

Don't give them too much credit. They're only journalists. They are not experts. Hell, I'd wager that some of them probably don't even care about what they write or say.

And, a little secret for ya... some of them talk crap, just to get the audience riled up. It's a ratings success secret.

I have to do a lot of reading. And I can say with no hesistation, that I never cease to be amazed at the ignorance and stupidity of journalists, pundits, and "college professors" talking outside of their field of expertise.

So please my fellow Clannies, don't let the journalists get you worked up. They are bottom feeders and are not meant to be taken seriously. Count them as entertainers.

Personally, I pay more attention to Tx, Nick, GC, Adarian, et. al., than I do to any sports writer or sports broadcaster.

aff15loader is offline Registered User

When I see that stuff I don't worry bout it, the media will always be the media..I mean look what they do with Iraq (non-sports) everyday...just looking for something/somebody to pick on to justify their existance. Here in stl I could care less the Rams won the super bowl in the 99 season, lets at least try to ride that out for at least a few more years!

Yoda is offline Registered User

The media is dumb.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Bash the Rams, I can get over it. Bash Holt? That is just idiotic.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i cant beleive there making fun of Holt. They are so stupid! Like they could do better. Why dont you get your fat*** on the field and play WR you stupid broadcasters.

Please get their names.

rams70 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam
    Most of the sports radio talk guys are just too full of themselves regardless of who they are talking about. I have a hard time listening to most of them. The only time there is anything worthwhile (NFL-wise) to hear is when they have John Clayton or Mort, or a player/coach with a good sense of humor on in an interview. As far as their opinions go concerning the NFL, I could care less as it appears they are more interested in just being controversial.
    Maui Ram you hit the nail so square on the head that it went through 2 boards! Fox Sports in particular, and national shows in general on the radio are that way. If I'm listening to sports talk radio, I'm listening to local ones who might actually know something specific.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

im tierd of da media givin da rams no respect

all i got 2 say is f**K da media n da haters

And see u at SB 41 when da rams are crowned WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

There are a few things that I don't consider newsworthy:

1. Award shows
    2. Critics review
    3. Britney being pregnant

and mostly, what the talking heads say about any team during pre-season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast