Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Sig bet

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Sig bet

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    The bet should be called off because neither side will ever know what his passer rating would be at the end of the year due to his injury.
    Sure we do. It will be 90.9.

How are you not getting this?

RolandDeschain98034 is offline Registered User

Hmmm...Interesting. Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - Rams Fan First Post

AvengerRam: "I'd say that the bet is decided at the end of the regular season, and the sig stays up until the draft."

But that doesn't imply a full season's worth of games? Exceptionally dubious.
    Seahawks fan in Seattle. Not here to troll. Go Hawks!

Don't make bets with me, though. I'm a notorious welcher and should not be trusted on my honor.

I'm REALLY just jealous of Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain98034 View Post
    Hmmm...Interesting. Seahawks.NET - The Voice of the 12th Man! • View topic - Rams Fan First Post

AvengerRam: "I'd say that the bet is decided at the end of the regular season, and the sig stays up until the draft."

No, it just means that the bet is not officially over until the end of the season.

In this case, because of the NFL's injured reserve rules, Bradford cannot play again this year. As a result, we know early what his rating will be at the end of the season.

If we had bet on whether the Rams "would qualify for the playoffs at the end of the year" and the Rams were mathematically eliminated after 14 games, would you say the bet was null and void? Of course not. Same thing here. The outcome was simply determined early.

"I love crepes."

OldSchoolRamFan is offline Registered User

And..............

Sig bet-untitled.png
    Steve

What you see is what you get, but what you see depends on where you stand.

before AvengerRam bans me and deletes this thread because it's not flattering to him despite being fine by the forum rules
    Guess that's two things you were wrong about.

I'm sensing a trend.

clive is offline Registered User

I'd argue in court that since Bradford never played until the end of the season, it's invalid.
    Would he have been required to play on every offensive play to qualify? If not, what percentage of plays would be required? What if he had been out for a single game only? Would the bet be null and void if he missed the last game? What if by some miracle he made it back for the last offensive play of the last game. What if Jeff Fisher reads this thread and decides to suit him up for one play during the the last game and places him somewhere on the field just to say Sam had been there?

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Ok, before AvengerRam bans me and deletes this thread because it's not flattering to him despite being fine by the forum rules, I have a question I want to pose to the other Rams fans here.

AvengerRam and I made a sig bet over on Seahawks.net before the season started. The bet was if Bradford finished the year with a 90.0 passer rating or higher, I would have to put something positive about Bradford in my sig over there, and if he lost, Avenger would have to put something negative about Bradford in his sig. (It'd have to stay there until the draft.)

So, a few minutes ago, I get this private message from AvengerRam here on your forum:

Yeah...In what world is playing less than seven full games in a season then going out for the rest of the year due to injury valid for a bet based on a year's worth of games? The bet is null and void by any objective measure for a sig bet that I've ever seen, even if it wasn't specifically stated ahead of time. It's just...Common sense, no?

What do the other Rams fans around here think? Bradford had a 90.9 rating when he was injured, but let's be realistic, here. He played Barely more than a 3rd of the season.
    I guess I would ask how you would approach this say Sam went out with a passer rating of 89.9??????

emuen is offline Registered User

I bet a case of beer with a Colts fan that Vick Ballard would not reach 1000 yards rushing this season. And he paid up when Ballard went on IR after week 1.
    Nick and PARamfan like this.

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    I bet a case of beer with a Colts fan that Vick Ballard would not reach 1000 yards rushing this season. And he paid up when Ballard went on IR after week 1.
    That shows that Colts fans have honor.

Agrajag is offline Registered User

So, 90.9? I was actually expecting it to be higher, but what do I know about some espn rating system.

Sam was really coming on.

Quote Originally Posted by Agrajag View Post
    So, 90.9? I was actually expecting it to be higher, but what do I know about some espn rating system.

Sam was really coming on.
    That was his traditional QB rating, not the bogus ESPN "Total QBR."

Agrajag is offline Registered User

Oh well then in that case he would have rocked it
    RamDez likes this.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by emuen View Post
    I HOPE it was good beer not just cheap stuff!

BlueThunder is offline Registered User

I dunno Roland. You're my buddy and all, but when the bet was placed, there was no way that anybody could have predicted Sam going to IR. Unless there were conditions placed referencing that possibility before the digital handshake, it seems pretty cut and dried to me. Sam will end the season with a passer rating over 90. End of story. I think it was pretty good of AvengerRam to give you an easy out with the crepes thing... and who doesn't love crepes? I think you should man up and take the full brunt of the bet. I would. Hey, I'm just here to help buddy....

Besides, it's the only thing he's gonna win this season, so throw him a bone for Christ sakes!
    Last edited by BlueThunder; -10-24-2013 at 07:53 PM. Reason: to add text
    RamDez, HUbison and live4ramin like this.

RolandDeschain98034 is offline Registered User

Blue, seldom have I seen a fellow Seahawks fan show up on an enemy forum to appeal to the enemy's point of view so excessively as that. Bravo.

BTW, somebody needs to call Nascar and let 'em know how things should be. If someone's in first place on lap 146 and crashes their car, then they really won the race. Doesn't matter who's where at the end of the actual race.
    Seahawks fan in Seattle. Not here to troll. Go Hawks!

Don't make bets with me, though. I'm a notorious welcher and should not be trusted on my honor.

I'm REALLY just jealous of Sam.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast