Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Sig bet

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Sig bet

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    How about just go out for a beer and pizza and call it a draw?
    Well, no. I prefer the crepes! ...Then call it a draw.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    EPILOGUE:

Roland (somewhat unsurprisingly) has reneged on the bet.

that's a bummer. He clearly lost the bet.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    that's a bummer. He clearly lost the bet.
    I checked today after I noticed him lurking. He didn't merely fail to comply with our terms. He actually put up a sig insulting Sam.

Sad that he has no honor.

supachump is offline Registered User

That is pretty lame. Although, I expect nothing less from a Seahawk fan.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I checked today after I noticed him lurking. He didn't merely fail to comply with our terms. He actually put up a sig insulting Sam.

Sad that he has no honor.
    Sad. That's a poor reflection on the rest of the Seahawk fans.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RolandDeschain98034 is offline Registered User

I DID NOT WELSH. I had my sig up in place, on Saturday, and we discussed in this thread that I'd probably make it amusing in some fashion.

I did not renege on anything. I told you flat-out, on page one, that there'd be a big asterisk on it and you never said anything against that. Don't be such a tool, Avenger. Read through this thread again and you'll see I certainly lived up to my end, even though it's ridiculous that the bet continued since Bradford did not even play half of a season.
    Seahawks fan in Seattle. Not here to troll. Go Hawks!

Don't make bets with me, though. I'm a notorious welcher and should not be trusted on my honor.

I'm REALLY just jealous of Sam.

In fact, you are such a tool, I see you already got banned from Seahawks.net. Again. You just can't help yourself, can you?

Don't make bets with me, though. I'm a notorious welcher and should not be trusted on my honor.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Sounds like obfuscation.

Bradford had a rating above 90 when his season ended against Carolina. Also the season is past week 17. It's not common sense if you didn't account for the possibility Sam would be injured when the bet was made.

You lost. It's not open to arguing now.
    Semper Fi!

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    Sounds like obfuscation.

Bradford had a rating above 90 when his season ended against Carolina. Also the season is past week 17. It's not common sense if you didn't account for the possibility Sam would be injured when the bet was made.

You lost. It's not open to arguing now.
    Relax, I'm keeping the sig in place. Even though it's ridiculous to think someone can win something without finishing the race.

It's being called a welsher that I strenuously object to, as I absolutely did NOT welsh or renege on the bet.

chucknbob is offline Registered User

So, what's your sig say over there?

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain98034 View Post
    Relax, I'm keeping the sig in place. Even though it's ridiculous to think someone can win something without finishing the race.

It's being called a welsher that I strenuously object to, as I absolutely did NOT welsh or renege on the bet.
    The bet was that you'd put up a sig acknowledging that Sam is a good QB until the draft. Instead, you put up a sig that insults Sam by stating that he turns wins to losses, and losses to wins by getting injured.

You welched.

Be a man and admit it. Its all you have left of your honor.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain98034 View Post

You just can't let it go can you? It wasn't a race, it was a stat. You lost fair and square. Your own fault for not stipulating it had to go a full season to be accepted. If he ended up with a 70 rating after a short season, you'd be claiming that you won the bet.

p.s. It sounds like your sig (haven't seen it myself as I have no interest in a squawk website) is indeed a welch. Sore loser all around. Pathetic.

Supachump, it's just a common sense expectation that he'd have to play the whole season, or at least the vast majority of it. However, as I've said before, I'll let you guys have this one. I'm too busy contemplating our next playoff game to care all that much.

I will not admit to doing something I didn't do. I did not welsh.

Also, lol, Avenger is so in love with petty authority. Nice avatar you set for me. This is what my sig is set to right now for the record, and again I stated on PAGE ONE of this thread that there would be asterisks, and Avenger never said one word against it, so if you don't like it, then tough. You had months to complain:

Sam Bradford is a game changer.

*He can change a win into a loss.
    *He can change a loss into a win by getting injured.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain98034; -01-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Roland clearly never learned that, if you're in a hole, you should stop digging.

The sig you are using is a complete and total welch on the bet, and you know it. The bet was that you would have a sig stating that Sam is a good QB if he finished the year with a passer rating of at least 90.0. Putting up a sig that insults Sam is worse than putting up no sig at all. Whatever you said in this thread about using asterisks has no bearing on the issue. The bet was clear, and you have reneged.

As for your new sig and avatar here... I'd say its entirely fitting.

I flat-out told you, on page one, approximately what to expect. Now you're whining about it. I'm amused. Again, in what world does playing barely more than a 3rd of the season even count for a season-long bet, anyways?

This is not a court of law. Lack of prior specificity about how long he had to play doesn't automatically mean "anything goes".

The bet was not clear, which is the whole problem in the first place, because if it had been there would be no winner since anybody with a triple-digit IQ understands a bet's null and void if the subject of it is unable to even get halfway through the season. You are hiding behind the lack of clarity. Have fun planning your draft.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast