Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sign pisa now

general counsel is offline Registered User

sign pisa now

i would love to see us lock up pisa long term right now. I believe that he is a free agent at the end of the year and if he hits the open market, lord help us, he will go for a fortune. Now is the time, there is no question that he is a part of our future. I appreciate why we are waiting on kevin curtis and certainly mcdonald. But i cant see the point in waiting on pisa, other than the fact that if he gets seriously hurt during the year, we are wounded cap wise for next year.

Leonard is a free agent at the end of this year. I dont know what is going to happen with that. I appreciate why we are waiting on him as well.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamOfDenmark is offline Registered User

Re: sign pisa now

I completely agree, we need to sign him (Pisa) now, the sooner the better. After the season is over and other teams start seriously evaluating free agents on the market we could be forced to pay a whole lot more. Get him signed for a long time before too many other teams find out how good he really is!

Curtis should be signed long term soon too IMHO, he has proved his worth as a receiver, we need him as a 3rd and for when Bruce calls it quits. I don't care how well Curtis does this year (and he hasn't done too well so far), to me he has already proved that he is a worthy 2nd receiver in this league.

Little we could wait on, see how much he has left, he certainly looks good so far, but he is getting up there in age. I can understand if the staff wants to wait and see on that one, I personally think Little has a couple of excellent years left still.

I don't know how useful McDonald is, he's not a very good return man. He is a decent receiver, but we certainly shouldn't overpay for a guy like him, so again the wait and see approach should work here.
    Last edited by RamOfDenmark; -09-26-2006 at 12:36 PM.

ramstiles is online now Registered User

In and ideal world we should sign Pisa, Curtis and Little and leave mcdonald till the end of the season but I assume that would have big implications on our cap space

thoey is offline Registered User

I agree with Pisa and Little. But what has happened to Curtis? He's been the invisible man lately...
    This space for rent...

Curtis can only be signed now if he will sign for #3 money, which i strongly doubt and dont blame him for. He is not a kid, he is 28 i believe and on his next contract, he has to take a shot to get a job as a #2. In the GSOT, the #3 receiver was a critical position. IN the Linehan offense, which appears a lot more focused on not turning the ball over, we have not to date focused on curtis. That may change as the season wears on, but i am suspect, given that i assume the tight ends will get more balls as they gain just a little experience.

Bruce looks very strong to me and i think we have bigger needs than locking up curtis at #2 money to protect against bruce slowing down. Dont get me wrong, i would love to have curtis locked up at the right price, but i think he is going to get a lot more money than we want to pay and i dont see him being willing to sign on the cheap now. I would rather use the money on an offensive guard and if we cant sign leonard, we are going to lose a MAJOR component of our defense.

Who knows with leonard. You would hope we would get a serious home town discount based on how this organization has stood behind him in his time of troubles, but you never know, business is business.

By the way, i dont think that there is any secret at all among nfl personnel people on how good and how tough pisa is. Fans, sure. But not the people that are writing the checks.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramstiles is online now Registered User

I agree GC Curtis would not sign for no 3 money and bruce has more years yet Pisa is vital to sign and there arn't many better than little and timmerman is getting older by the minute its juggerling the cap

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Isn't Pisa restricted after this season? I don't see how the Rams will be able to afford Little because he seems to have turned the corner and is back in pro-bowl form.

Pisa is easily one of the toughest players in the NFL when it comes to playing while hurting.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    i would love to see us lock up pisa long term right now. I believe that he is a free agent at the end of the year and if he hits the open market, lord help us, he will go for a fortune. Now is the time, there is no question that he is a part of our future. I appreciate why we are waiting on kevin curtis and certainly mcdonald. But i cant see the point in waiting on pisa, other than the fact that if he gets seriously hurt during the year, we are wounded cap wise for next year.

Leonard is a free agent at the end of this year. I dont know what is going to happen with that. I appreciate why we are waiting on him as well.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Is there a usual time when we lock these guys to further contracts? Or is it just random?

I REALLY hope Little stays with this team and Pisa as well...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    Is there a usual time when we lock these guys to further contracts? Or is it just random?

I REALLY hope Little stays with this team and Pisa as well...
    They can offer him a contract at any time. I agree with GC we need to sign Pisa now. I would like to see Little and Curtis stay also, but only for the right price because they are both getting older.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

RealRam is offline Registered User

Curtis should be signed long term soon too IMHO, he has proved his worth as a receiver, we need him as a 3rd and for when Bruce calls it quits. I don't care how well Curtis does this year (and he hasn't done too well so far), to me he has already proved that he is a worthy 2nd receiver in this league. -- RODenmark
    I also agree with ROD as well as Ramstiles in that, ideally, it would be great to have all three of Curtis, Little and Tinoisamoa. That would be having the cake, not $ure if we can afford eating it too!

As for Curtis' quiet season so far, it is pretty clear to me that that is due to the overall low-key performance of the offense, particularly the passing game, that we've been suffering during these first three games, especially the first two games.

a) Hopefully that will change for the better as Bulger and the receiver corps unfolds its potential.

b) McDonald. "Ok" but I wouldn't mind losing him for a better player, regardless of position.

thoey is offline Registered User

Part of the reason for my question is that I saw McDonald on the field several times this last game, saw passes even thrown to him. (Not saying he caught one)

Curtis? I don't remember seeing. Maybe one time. Just wondering if he is in the dog house...
    This space for rent...

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

On one hand McDOnald can do STs and fill the WR slot well, on the other hand JR Reed could do the same things and plays safety as well and Curtis also looks better at returns and as a WR than Mcdonald.

Piso is good and getting better the more he plays. He plays hard and doesn't give up on a play no matter how far away he is from the action. If something bad happens and we lose him, London Fletcher will be an UFA and free to be resigned by us

Little we should hold onto at all costs. His rehab seems to be going well and he's staying out of trouble. That is all that was preventing him from being a great NFL player.

All this being said, we need to save money for the draft and the free agent market as well, and it is likely that we will lose at least one of these 4 guys. I know the front office is looking to the future and I hope the Rams can trade up to get someone to help out Barron and Pace. If we can get Bulger & Jackson an O line like Troy Aikman & Emmitt Smith had with the Cowboys, the NFL better look out.
    Last edited by RamFan_Til_I_Die; -09-26-2006 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Added info and because I'm confused :P Thanks General.

With all due respect, Looker is the holder for Money.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

i would like to have them all back, but as most of you have stated,linehans offense may not need the group of receivers we have, i think curtis leaves partly because of money,but also that he is not getting used at all and he is very good and could see a lot of passes with another team.bruce looks great and holt is pro bowl again,so i think pisa is the one to spend the money on,this guy is going to be a star in this league for many years and i would like to see them as a ram.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by thoey View Post
    Part of the reason for my question is that I saw McDonald on the field several times this last game, saw passes even thrown to him. (Not saying he caught one)

Curtis? I don't remember seeing. Maybe one time. Just wondering if he is in the dog house...
    Curtis has been thrown to twice as much as McDonald has this season according to Stats.com. We probably wouldn't be talking about him in this manner had he been able to bring down that deep pass against the ***** that was pretty much on the money.

As for how I'd rank it, I wrote an article about it in early August and stand by it for the time being - I'd view Curtis as the higher priority for us right now. But it's all going to depend on the asking price.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast