Thread: Silver Lining

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Silver Lining

As I contemplated another miserable sporting weekend with virtually all of my teams doing almost supernaturally badly, I logged on to the ClanRam and actually found a glimmer of hope.

At the onset of what will surely be another train-wreck of a season this may be the first time in a while where we can say that the Clan approach the team with something close to unanimity.

We all agree they aren't playing well and haven't for some time, that change is needed and it has to be wholesale. We can disagree about the timing I guess and we can differ in some of the devices and conceits we use to communicate our frustration but we're all singing from the same aisle if not the same hymn sheet.

Yes its a faint glimmer but glimmer it is.

And that's what we hang on to in times like these.

Personally, for whatever its worth, I would torpedo the whole damn thing and start again.

I'd look outside for coaching and personnel help. Focusing on people who have an established track record in redeeming lost causes. Devaney may well deserve a pass but Shaw and Zygmunt must go. (This would rule out a return for Faulk, Vermeil, Martz etc)

I'd review every position on the roster and leverage some of our older talent for younger help at key positions.

And finally, I'd review where the best possible place for the franchise would be in order for it to be in an environment conducive to winning.

No outstanding suggestions here I know but I think the appraisal of this franchise has to suitably frank and concise. Brutal is a word others can use and I certainly wouldn't disagree with them.

All that remains is the timing and as far as that I'm concerned that would be an end of season thing, although I don't feel particularly strongly about it happening mid-season.

Keep the faith, pass the kool-aid and save the ammuntion.

Last edited by Fat Pang; -09-22-2008 at 01:25 AM.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Re: Silver Lining

Pretty poor showing again this week, but how many actually expected much more?

There was a measure of improvement, however minute, and hope for the future.

>8)
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Amen brother.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsanddodgers View Post
    Pretty poor showing again this week, but how many actually expected much more?

There was a measure of improvement, however minute, and hope for the future.

>8)
    I expected a much closer game. We have plenty of talent and this team has to start clicking at some point. I thought playing at Seattle would be tough but that we would give them a run for their money. Unfortunately all we did was give them the runs.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    I expected a much closer game. We have plenty of talent and this team has to start clicking at some point. I thought playing at Seattle would be tough but that we would give them a run for their money. Unfortunately all we did was give them the runs.
    What I don't understand is, after we got to 27-13, then stopped them, why in the world we would run up the middle on 3rd and 2, and then not go for it ...

What kind of message does this send? We only had one time out ...
    Last edited by RamsInfiniti; -09-22-2008 at 02:38 PM.