Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By NJ Ramsfan1

Thread: Silver Linings

NJ Ramsfan1 is online now Registered User

Silver Linings

I suppose if you search long and hard enough, you can always find them. We could say the Rams are young and have some talent. We could say they're still growing under the current coaching staff. We could say they can beat hapless Jacksonville in 10 days and be 2-3, and there will be plenty of decent teams who are 2-3 after 5 weeks. We can say there's still 3/4 of the season left. And all of this would be true.

But this goes way beyond searching for silver linings. This is about a team's inability to do ANYTHING right. This is about a fan base which has pinned its hopes on a guy who has pedigree and successful head coaching experience fail to deliver thus far in this young season. This is about player regression. This is about choices that look more and more like bad ones- Pead, Quick, thinking Richardson is an NFL-caliber feature back, the hiring of Schottenheimer and Walton. This is about an all-too-familiar pattern of decent football early in a coach's tenure (Linehan 8-8, Spags 7-9 in yr. two and Fisher 7-8-1) followed by collapse. This is about an alarming lack of discipline on the field in the form of penalties, missed assignments and sporadic effort. This is about losing football.

As one who fully campaigned for and embraced the hiring of Jeff Fisher, I am filled with a combination of embarrassment, disappointment and rage. Did I misjudge the man? Will this phase of putrid football pass? Am I overreacting? I have no answers. I am as confused as this coaching staff appears to be.

One thing is certain: after thinking this time around would truly be different, I'm as down as down gets. And if we don't right the ship in a hurry, I'm not going to waste yet another year paying good money to go see them or aggravate myself watching what I watched last night. It's gut check time, pure and simple. And right now, waiting until next Sunday will seem like an eternity.
    laram0 and Varg6 like this.

rams8821 is offline Registered User

Re: Silver Linings

Agree 100% but Ill be back next Sunday rooting like always....
    Rams Fan For Life:clanram: :clanram:

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Silver Linings

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I suppose if you search long and hard enough, you can always find them. We could say the Rams are young and have some talent. We could say they're still growing under the current coaching staff. We could say they can beat hapless Jacksonville in 10 days and be 2-3, and there will be plenty of decent teams who are 2-3 after 5 weeks. We can say there's still 3/4 of the season left. And all of this would be true.

But this goes way beyond searching for silver linings. This is about a team's inability to do ANYTHING right. This is about a fan base which has pinned its hopes on a guy who has pedigree and successful head coaching experience fail to deliver thus far in this young season. This is about player regression. This is about choices that look more and more like bad ones- Pead, Quick, thinking Richardson is an NFL-caliber feature back, the hiring of Schottenheimer and Walton. This is about an all-too-familiar pattern of decent football early in a coach's tenure (Linehan 8-8, Spags 7-9 in yr. two and Fisher 7-8-1) followed by collapse. This is about an alarming lack of discipline on the field in the form of penalties, missed assignments and sporadic effort. This is about losing football.

As one who fully campaigned for and embraced the hiring of Jeff Fisher, I am filled with a combination of embarrassment, disappointment and rage. Did I misjudge the man? Will this phase of putrid football pass? Am I overreacting? I have no answers. I am as confused as this coaching staff appears to be.

One thing is certain: after thinking this time around would truly be different, I'm as down as down gets. And if we don't right the ship in a hurry, I'm not going to waste yet another year paying good money to go see them or aggravate myself watching what I watched last night. It's gut check time, pure and simple. And right now, waiting until next Sunday will seem like an eternity.
    I couldn't have said it any better!

What was up with the defensive scheme or lack thereof? Everybody in the universe knew that Frank Gore was going to get alot of carries. We needed to make Kaepernick have to beat us with his arm. Very hard for me to understand why we didn't load up the box on every 1st and maybe 2nd down! Sam Bradford...franchise QB? Not after the way he looked last night! I know it's one game and Bradford had a very bad game but are we going to sit back with our fingers crossed and hope he snaps out of it? I beginning to wonder....... sigh.......