Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Silver: Rams get their man Michael Brockers (FANTASTIC read)

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Re: Silver: Rams get their man Michael Brockers (FANTASTIC read)

Great article. This gave me great confidence.

Reading that quote from Fisher "Its 4th and 10, and we just got a first down." Got me fired up

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    Of course NONE. BUT......

Right or worng, guilty by association by some until the on field product takes turn for better. Welcome to the coaching ranks of the worst team in the NFL past 5 seasons.
    There is no association.

I know that we fans feel rather horse-bit by the team. But these particular horses have never even bore their teeth to us, much less bit us.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Teams don't trade down for one specific player, the risk of him not being there is too great. If you trade down, it's because you're comfortable enough with the talent you expect to be available there. Even if a couple of guys come off the board, you still feel good about what's going to be there. For instance, as Silver points out in the article, if Brockers was gone, the Rams would have had their choice of Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, Iowa offensive tackle Riley Reiff, or Stanford guard David DeCastro.
    I get that they had other options. I'm just focusing on this claim that they had Brockers specifically in their top five. The fact that they were willing to trade down eight spots suggests that if they did have him in their top five, they must have seen a big gap in talent between their top four and everyone else (Brockers included).

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Yesterday, after reading some of the posts basically saying; "I'm burning all my Rams gear", and "they blew it again", yada, yada, yada, I began to write a rebuttal about the silliness in thinking that Blackmon or Floyd were going to be game changers and that either of those two picks were going to make or break the Rams season.

It was hilarious. I began writing but ended up deleting the post out of frustration. I mean, fans that think that one kid out of college with slightly better than mediocre talent is going to be a difference maker on this team doesn't have a clue anyway, so why stir the pot? The only guy in my opinion that I would have taken in the top 6 was Richardson. He can make a difference. ...eventually.

The Rams problems go deep. I strongly believe they need to build a solid nucleus of big lineman with nasty dispositions before they need to worry about getting Bradford more "weapons". "Weapons" like a burner at WR won't do a damn good, nor will a great back (see Jackson) with a porous O-line and lousy defense. The Rams are planning to build a strong backbone to this team now, and you do that by acquiring as many quality picks as you can. I believe the Rams have 3 of the next 13 picks in round 2? That is incredible. That took some smarts and a little gambling.

I'm looking at the Rams starting D-line now and I think it has a chance to be good. Really good. With additions in the D-backfield and at LB, the Rams have instantly reversed this team around and will be competitive. With two first round picks in each of the next two years, watch out.

Bottomline, after losing out on Richardson yesterday, I was hoping to trade down for more picks, and when it happened, I was estatic.

I have no plans of burning any of my Rams gear.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

After sleeping on it, I like the Brockers pick. We need someone to help with our horrendous run D. Just remember the cowboys game lol

macrammer is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    There is no association.

I know that we fans feel rather horse-bit by the team. But these particular horses have never even bore their teeth to us, much less bit us.
    Well "we fans" are a bit snake bit by every other new regime coming in and getting a clean slate only to produce the same results. I personally beleive it will be different this go around but I can certainly understand the reticence shown here by some of the "we fans"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123