throwback week



Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 30 of 30
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

  1. #16
    zgare's Avatar
    zgare is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Des Peres, MO
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Why didn't we run any screen passes like the ones that worked so well in pre-season? Do they only work with Jackson in the game? What is the prognosis on Jackson?

    ZGare

  2. #17
    Rambos's Avatar
    Rambos is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Cali
    Age
    50
    Posts
    9,574
    Rep Power
    75

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    I can't understand why so many people are saying Sam looked bad, ok he was not sharp I will give you that. But he had 7-10 drops ball. Lance dropped a sure TD. Too many drop balls to say Sam looked bad IMO.

  3. #18
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,871
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I can't understand why so many people are saying Sam looked bad, ok he was not sharp I will give you that. But he had 7-10 drops ball. Lance dropped a sure TD. Too many drop balls to say Sam looked bad IMO.
    Sam obviously didn't get much help out there from his receivers or the protection, but there were a number of plays that could have been made but weren't. Better ball placement on a number of his throws would have extended drives. He missed at least one but perhaps two receivers in the end zone after the big pass-interference penalty. At least two of those receiver drops were less than ideal ball placement that made the catch tougher.

  4. #19
    codeman123's Avatar
    codeman123 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    canada
    Age
    24
    Posts
    500
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Sam's weird fumble that went for a TD completely changed the game. They were rolling with momentum, and just handed them the easiest touchdown they could get. The game plans changed since Philly could be more aggressive playing with a lead.
    When they showed the replay of Bajema's false start it really looked like a green helmet popped past the LOS and then Bajema reacted. That completely killed the Rams chances after.
    Those two plays stuck out to me, but Kendricks horrible (likely) touchdown drop and the missed field goal in a tight game really added up with all the injuries. Every time something bad happened more air came out of the tires and by the time Mccoy broke off the 3 big runs the tire was deflated.
    The dropped passes really bothered me. Especially with most of them occurring with absolutely no one in the area.
    Sam made a couple inaccurate throws but I don't remember him having a clean pocket all game. The one thing he really needs to work on is his touch pass.
    I was impressed with the defense. Most can't handle Vick, and passing wise they kept him in check all game. Without the fumble touchdown and before all the Rams turned into a shell its a 17-13 game with the offense not capitalizing on their chances. I see a good team underneath, but the mistakes were horrible and inexcusable. Lets hope the injuries are as minor as possible and they can stay healthy the rest of the way.

  5. #20
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,563
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Yes my friend you are being generous...didn't know the snap count....in the NFL????

  6. #21
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Only one of Gibson's drops affected anything. Why does everyone forget he beat Asomghua deep TWICE?
    It was nice to see our guys getting open, but in some ways, that just makes it worse. We could get open against arguably the best secondary in the league, but our receivers couldn't catch balls that hit them in the hands.

  7. #22
    Fat Pang's Avatar
    Fat Pang is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,603
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Some thoughts........

    You take Vick out of the game and put virtually any other NFL quarterback in the game for Philly and the outcome is likely different. His legs cost us 2-3 sacks at least and his ability to get down the field out of the pocket gets his o-line out of jail and keeps drives alive.

    No idea why we went to a 3-man rush on third down on a couple of occasions, any NFL quarterback worth the price of an admission ticket will find an open receiver but that's a minor point, albeit one that had me foaming at the mouth.

    Bradford simply had an awful game and whilst I'm inclined to write it off as just that, one awful game, I am a little concerned at his fondness for the check down in preference to trying something a little deeper. We wrote it off as scheme last year, not sure we can do that this year. Philly has a good secondary but we had our chances it seemed to me.

    I feel for Amendola and we'll miss him but I was wishing he could stay on his feet more after the catch. If Avery comes back and I hope he does, we should see something different there. On a related note, not sure Amendola is a starting receiver in this league over a slot receiver but that's just me.

    Kendricks drops were terrible, not least of which in terms of timing but he looked as if he was forcing it at times, too concerned to run after the catch instead of securing the ball.

    Michael Sims-who? This may be unfair but I was expecting a little more from him.

    Run contain was an issue yet again. (yes, yes I know its Vick but he didn't do all of the damage)

    I liked the look of Mikell, he'll do well for us.

    Williams is a starting-caliber NFL back and a great pick-up.

    Norwood showed something on that punt-return.

    Would've, could've, should've but didn't.

    Spags will rally the troops, SJ will get off the treatment table and Bradford will be a little more ambitious.
    Nick likes this.

  8. #23
    Bar-bq's Avatar
    Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,952
    Rep Power
    94

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post

    Like Bulger before him, Bradford is showing the shaky signs of a quarterback not in control of himself or running an NFL offense.

    The rookie of the year has yet to bring anything to the National Football League table.

    Our Stars lost this game, Philly's Stars made the diffence for them.
    Oh good. You're back.

    Have a nice summer?
    Nick and Rambunctious like this.

  9. #24
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    696
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    yes we did; however, this has been the MO for the Rams for a while now. They need to mature as a team and be able to overcome the this particular stigma.

    It was great to see Bradford at least try to go deep, but for the most part the passing game still seems be too much underneath passing IMO. Im not sure what the deal with that is, if its Bradford's nerves that makes him look for short yardage plays or the coaches not having the confidence in the receiving corps and Bradford to go deeper.

    Im glad that CWilliams showed tenacity here. I liked him at Auburn, and Im glad that we may have found someone to take the reliance off of Sjackson.

    Injuries seem to have plagued St. Louis in general since the demise of the GSOT. Im not sure, but my gut feeling is that statdium has become cursed. Seriously, every year over the past several years, major set back have occured to this team via injuries in that Stadium to seemingly key players, and to only the Rams players.

  10. #25
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Sam obviously didn't get much help out there from his receivers or the protection, but there were a number of plays that could have been made but weren't. Better ball placement on a number of his throws would have extended drives. He missed at least one but perhaps two receivers in the end zone after the big pass-interference penalty. At least two of those receiver drops were less than ideal ball placement that made the catch tougher.
    Sam demeanor seemed to be off, I don't if was nerves, but his footwork coming out of the snap and his overall execution of the offense looks to need alot more developement. Often times it looks as if Sam has two left feet. He will need to put in the extra time and dedication with hard work, like the great QBs (the Peytons, Bradys, Favres and Vicks), these guys know their strengths while making them work to their advantage.
    The support exuses are there for sure, contributing to Sam's less than great showing and the losses mustn't be put squarely on his shoulders, but at the same time he needs to figure out what it takes, under all and any circumstances, to becoming a Field General that greatly adapts his team to success.
    Basically, not one of Bradford's better days, hope he's ready to answer the bell for MNF against the Giants.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #26
    Agrajag is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    209
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Some thoughts........

    You take Vick out of the game and put virtually any other NFL quarterback in the game for Philly and the outcome is likely different. His legs cost us 2-3 sacks at least and his ability to get down the field out of the pocket gets his o-line out of jail and keeps drives alive.
    This is so right on. There was one sack that I don't even know how he got away from only to turn it into a huge gain.

    I'm not worried about Bradford, but the dropped passes really do frustrate me. To me, that's more important than being able to get open.

    I'm not surprised at the loss, but disappointed at how it went down.

  12. #27
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by codeman123 View Post
    Sam's weird fumble that went for a TD completely changed the game. They were rolling with momentum, and just handed them the easiest touchdown they could get. The game plans changed since Philly could be more aggressive playing with a lead.
    When they showed the replay of Bajema's false start it really looked like a green helmet popped past the LOS and then Bajema reacted. That completely killed the Rams chances after.
    Those two plays stuck out to me, but Kendricks horrible (likely) touchdown drop and the missed field goal in a tight game really added up with all the injuries. Every time something bad happened more air came out of the tires and by the time Mccoy broke off the 3 big runs the tire was deflated.
    The dropped passes really bothered me. Especially with most of them occurring with absolutely no one in the area.
    Sam made a couple inaccurate throws but I don't remember him having a clean pocket all game. The one thing he really needs to work on is his touch pass.
    I was impressed with the defense. Most can't handle Vick, and passing wise they kept him in check all game. Without the fumble touchdown and before all the Rams turned into a shell its a 17-13 game with the offense not capitalizing on their chances. I see a good team underneath, but the mistakes were horrible and inexcusable. Lets hope the injuries are as minor as possible and they can stay healthy the rest of the way.
    I agree with most of what you said. Totally disagree with being impressed with the defense however. IMO, they had their moments, but were far too inconsistent for my taste.

    Allowing Vick to break contain seemingly at will, with boneheaded rushes where the DT and DE ended up arms distance from each other with no one outside of them. I mean some of those plays would make you think that they thought they were rushing Marc Bulger instead of Michael Vick.

    Not to mention the fact that outside of the forced fumble by Mikell, opportunity after opportunity was squandered. Safeties and LBs constantly out of position, particularly on the Eagles last TD drive.

    Just less than impressive to me.

  13. #28
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    No way in the world I am going to be getting down on Bradford... it's the first regular season game under a new offensive coordinator in just his second season. Plus, this is against what many think will be one of the best defenses in the NFL. We actually showed promise, if we were just a little bit better team we would have made this one heck of a game (missed some deep open throws, some dropped passes, and defense was CLOSE to getting Vick a few times but just couldn't do it). You could actually say we looked like a good team that had an off night... the key is making sure we don't have another off night soon! Last year we couldn't say this since we had several "off nights" throughout the year... this year I'm putting my trust in that this is an improved team and poor play at opportune moments will NOT bad a habit.

    If this becomes a habit and we are still doing this in Week 4 I will be concerned, but still nowhere near giving up on Bradford. He'll get his game together.

  14. #29
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    No way in the world I am going to be getting down on Bradford... it's the first regular season game under a new offensive coordinator in just his second season. Plus, this is against what many think will be one of the best defenses in the NFL. We actually showed promise, if we were just a little bit better team we would have made this one heck of a game (missed some deep open throws, some dropped passes, and defense was CLOSE to getting Vick a few times but just couldn't do it). You could actually say we looked like a good team that had an off night... the key is making sure we don't have another off night soon! Last year we couldn't say this since we had several "off nights" throughout the year... this year I'm putting my trust in that this is an improved team and poor play at opportune moments will NOT bad a habit.

    If this becomes a habit and we are still doing this in Week 4 I will be concerned, but still nowhere near giving up on Bradford. He'll get his game together.
    I don't think anyone's giving up on Bradford, but his a big Name with a big contract with loads of potential, he has to show that he, being a QB is in command of his position. He got to find his rythym, poise and work and control the player and situation that surronds him. Lots of work to be done with SAM, Though not giving up on him.
    I want to grow to like him more as he grows into the Rams leader on the field.
    I feel, as I know he feels, that he can do a much better job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  15. #30
    Ironmaidenram's Avatar
    Ironmaidenram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Merced, CaliF
    Age
    44
    Posts
    360
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: Simple as this, here is why we lost this game ...

    Guys, i don't don't know if anyone has mentioned this before,.....I know McCoy is good, but we made him look like a Superstar by "overpursuing" and allowing him to get around the corner, time after time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. We lost this game because of 1 play
    By laram0 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: -11-16-2010, 10:05 AM
  2. Where the Game Was Lost
    By Bar-bq in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -10-26-2008, 06:35 PM
  3. Replies: 27
    Last Post: -10-02-2007, 06:01 PM
  4. Simple goal for Rams: Clean up their game
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
  5. The Game Plan in 5 Simple Points
    By AvengerRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -09-14-2005, 03:03 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •