Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Simple Question

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Simple Question

At this point in his career is Richie Incognito an Asset or a liability of this team moving forward?
    My answer is he is a liability.He is a guy that seems to me that needs to draw attention to himself all the time and most of it is negative attention.
    He killed this teams 2nd to last drive where Bulger had run for the 1st down and then nearly cost us the game by mouthing off to the refs.
    What are your thoughts fellow Clan members?

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: Simple Question

I really liked the emotion to begin with, but Id have to say liability ..... sometimes bordering on idiocy.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I say give Greco and/or Schuening a shot.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Incognito's penalty was inexcusable, especially after Bulger pulled everyone aside to remind them to stay cool. I guess Incognito wasn't listening, as usual. He is a definite liability.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    At this point in his career is Richie Incognito an Asset or a liability of this team moving forward?
    My answer is he is a liability.He is a guy that seems to me that needs to draw attention to himself all the time and most of it is negative attention.
    He killed this teams 2nd to last drive where Bulger had run for the 1st down and then nearly cost us the game by mouthing off to the refs.

i thought Barron was penalised on Marc`s scramble run?

I have been a fan of Richies from before he was a Ram i must admit but my other boy Roy(or Greco) needs a go now...im sure Coach Haslett wont let him get away with that stupid penalty at the end...and it being Richie`s "contract year"...i think he may have just blown the chances of a new one now!

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    I really liked the emotion to begin with, but Id have to say liability ..... sometimes bordering on idiocy.
    SOMETIMES? This guy is a bona fide bonehead. He is more worried about whats going on at the moment than winning the game. What could he possible have to say to an official at that moment that couldn't wait tell after the game. This guy needs to be benched after that.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

I'm sure COGS will get a talking to from our 1.000% Head Coach Jim Haslett. Refs didn't need to throw the flag on GOGS on the last series and Haslett had his back and gave the REFs a piece of his mind along with a few choice words!
    Gogs is an ASSET, he just needs to stop being a ASS sometimes!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    SOMETIMES? This guy is a bona fide bonehead. He is more worried about whats going on at the moment than winning the game. What could he possible have to say to an official at that moment that couldn't wait tell after the game. This guy needs to be benched after that.
    Also those who say Bulger and Jackson arent leaders are flat out wrong. Jackson was jumping up and down in front of Cogs trying to shield him from the ref and Bulger was yelling at the entire o-line to keep their cool but niether were able to prevail over Cogs sheer stupidity.
    Just Fix It

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PARamfan View Post
    Is he the fat slob who has all the tats to try and disguise the fact that his body is in dire need of some serious definition? Is that the dude?

Hmmm.....I remember saying that he sucks at the beginning of the season.

Haslett was defending something or someone about the situation after the penalty. He was in the face of the ref. I could read his lips......He said several times "THAT'S BS"

I doubt he defends anything behind closed doors....lol

Have to wonder why the guy (Greco) that so-called experts claimed we stole in the 3rd round of the draft is not good enough to start ahead of this slob?

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Have to wonder why the guy (Greco) that so-called experts claimed we stole in the 3rd round of the draft is not good enough to start ahead of this slob?
    Not that you wouldn't know this, but I'd say it's because all rookies develop at different rates. When you consider that we started Incognito (after injury) and Barron practically from the word go, maybe they're waiting to make sure he's ready? I don't want to make undue comparisons, but do you remember how well Setterstrom played down the stretch in '06 after coming in in week 12 or 13? He was ready to go.

That said, Greco or Scheuning might be 'ready by compulsion' if Incognito keeps this up.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -10-12-2008 at 05:17 PM.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

I to was a fan of Incognito, but I can't defend his actions today,I love the way he plays with fire but he just takes it to the extreme,I will also say that the ref did not have to throw that flag at that point in the game,of course we don't know what was said and if the ref gave him a warning to shut his mouth either.

St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User

I was at the game today, It was a close one, alot of mouths running prior to the game....they where dead quiet leaving Fed-Ex.

I tend to not want to defend Iggy on this one...Its ok to be a tough offensive linman, you block hard and get your licks in competitively., and runn'in your mouth aint tough...I don't care how many Tats u sport. I belive in quiet and carry a big stick...
    When I played I always played consistant, as hard as I could, It even meant being called over by the coach , and asked to lighten up at practice. I inhearntly believe u should play hard, Hit harder- get your shots in the pit. Settle scores one on one, after the snap.
    I found the guys runnin thier mouth usually where weak in an area..I would pick a spot on the opponent and keep smashin that same spot over and over...

I think the yardage lost was a bad deal to the team for this tough guy.
    I don't mind gettn into someones head, but do it right.
    68 settle your ass down, focus, and over power, over yakkn only hurts the team..especially if it is a Ref .. BIG DUGH!!!!

I say Power not BS.....lets see more steak and less Sizzle dude!!!

Terry.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

Refs seldom throw a flag because a few words are spoken in anger during a game. Cogs must have gone overboard and it is his history of this kind of behavior that has hurt the Rams since his infusion into the OL. For the love of all that is good, bench him. But if we can't, at least fine him severely. Then find his replacement as soon as possible.

sig51 is offline Registered User

This guy has alot of potential and talent, but as person he is a moron. I remember when we drafted him alot of people said he was a first rounder picked in the third round because of his personality.

Now I'm one that's all for a mongrel on the line, the enforcer type that gets in people faces and gives them a bit of a "massaging" at the bottom of a pile. But he has to be smart about what he is doing and see the bigger picture. At this point he's not. He's needs some direction from the coaches, and a tune-up when he's out of line.

I'm not in favour of pulling him off the line, because he's not our worst starting offensive lineman, that monkier goes to the Gimp known as Nick Leckey, he should be suiting up in the oppositon uniform on sundays beause he helps them more than he helps the rams.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Not that you wouldn't know this, but I'd say it's because all rookies develop at different rates. When you consider that we started Incognito (after injury) and Barron practically from the word go, maybe they're waiting to make sure he's ready? I don't want to make undue comparisons, but do you remember how well Setterstrom played down the stretch in '06 after coming in in week 12 or 13? He was ready to go.

That said, Greco or Scheuning might be 'ready by compulsion' if Incognito keeps this up.
    Well, we will certainly see as the season goes along. At this point, I'd say he was not really a 'STEAL' in the 3rd round. Hopefully he can prove otherwise if the 'slob' keeps acting up.

But, if he were such a 'STEAL' seems he'd be wowing coaches at this point and be inserted into the starting line-up, considering how poorly the 'slob' has played at times.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast