Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: A simple stat to put your mind at ease following loss to the 'boys

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

A simple stat to put your mind at ease following loss to the 'boys

Steven Jackson: 0 carries, 0 receptions.
    MFranke and JM7 like this.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: A simple stat to put your mind at ease following loss to the 'boys

If I were looking for an excuse, that stat would put my mind at ease. But since I'm not, the stat that's on my mind is...............

Cowboys: 438 yards of offense without Witten, Bryant or Austin.
    shower beers likes this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If I were looking for an excuse, that stat would put my mind at ease. But since I'm not, the stat that's on my mind is...............

Cowboys: 438 yards of offense without Witten, Bryant or Austin.
    And probably had about 15 pressures on Bradford without DeMarcus Ware, and a Jay Ratliff who got an ankle sprain.

THE DREAM TEAM

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

The defense didn't play up to par, I'll give you that, but we are still a young team, with a lot of learning and gelling to do, especially in the secondary. Janoris was targeted today, and we all saw he still has some work to do before Detroit. However I will give him a break on his trip while giving up the 25 yarder to ogletree, but he has to recognize J Lau has no business being left alone 50 yards down field when only two receivers were running routes.

My post was mainly in reference to the general knee-jerk outcry of poor offensive line play and poor pocket presence by Sam- exhibited in a much greater extent on other sub par Rams Forums (coughramstalkcough).

This offense will run through Steven Jackson. The oline (which critically missed Harvey Dahl)will be able to get their bodies moving forward, the opposing pass rush won't be able to pin their ears back, play action will prevent linebackers from so easily guessing the play and leaving their zones to come up and tackle.

While it might not be the "new NFL", hard nosed, downhill running is what this offense is centered on. And if you don't use the engine, the car isn't going anywhere.

(gosh I was trying to avoid a long drawn out analysis, and I've got more, but I'm getting rather sleepy now that I've got that off my mind)
    Rambos likes this.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

How about 6/17 64 yards. Does this alarm anyone?

supachump is offline Registered User

That stat does nothing to ease my mind. It was pathetic play by almost everyone on the offense and defense. From the QB to the CB.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I agree C Mob, SJ is a huge factor. As I watched the game I was thinking if I was Bradford I would not want to play behind this O line, with two rookie backs that don't know where the blitz is coming from. At times they did not even know where to line up.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Jackson is a factor, but the OL is a bigger one. Wells was rusty, coming off surgery, and Dahl was out. I'm confident that once the line has a chance to get some consistency and gel as a unit, things will improve greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    I think Jackson is a factor, but the OL is a bigger one. Wells was rusty, coming off surgery, and Dahl was out. I'm confident that once the line has a chance to get some consistency and gel as a unit, things will improve greatly.
    I don't know Mike, I just don't see Richardson getting any better he is what he is a back up at best. He keeps having false starts. Then you add in Quinn Ojinnaka, he keeps getting beat in pass protection and looks even worse in the running game. Sallford, Dahl and Wells will be good, RT and G big question marks for me. As for depth I don't see any.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I don't know Mike, I just don't see Richardson getting any better he is what he is a back up at best. He keeps having false starts. Then you add in Quinn Ojinnaka, he keeps getting beat in pass protection and looks even worse in the running game. Sallford, Dahl and Wells will be good, RT and G big question marks for me. As for depth I don't see any.
    We'll see, but right now, the line has no continuity. Once Wells and Dahl get settled in as anchors, the entire line can learn to work with each other and execute as a unit. IMO, that will make a difference.
    Rambos likes this.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

My thoughts are on the defensive side of the ball. I have not been impress with this defense this preseason at all. However, I know they are playing pretty vanilla.

It will be very hard to know until game 1 how this defense will look. We all know it will be a very aggressive D and I do have confidence that all the positions will be an ugrade compared to last year. The only position of concern I have is the Safty position. NOt sure we have the talent needed to field a very aggressive Defensive unit. The safeties have to step up if the Rams are going to avoid giving up those BIG plays unfortunately we got use to viewing last year as Rams fan.

Positive at least we did not see DeMarco M. break off a 91 yard rushing TD.

Another positive the rams came away from the game without a significant injury.

Go Rams

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

I'm not too worried about the O-line just yet. Turner has filled in nicely in Wells absence, so if Oji or Rok can't handle the spot then slide Turner over to LG.

I think some are making too big a deal about last night's game. Fisher said at halftime that he was not very concerned with the blown coverage. Not really at all. He was mostly concerned with the poor tackling.

Personally, I'm still worried about the WR's. Why can't these guys seem to get open on a consistent basis? It's really starting to piss me off. I don't think teams play that well in either zone or man coverage these days. There should be seams in any zone coverage (and usually there are) and man coverage....come on? It's like Faulk said in the broadcast.....someone got to win (meaning the receivers getting their frickin ass open). It's really getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I'm not too worried about the O-line just yet. Turner has filled in nicely in Wells absence, so if Oji or Rok can't handle the spot then slide Turner over to LG.

I think some are making too big a deal about last night's game. Fisher said at halftime that he was not very concerned with the blown coverage. Not really at all. He was mostly concerned with the poor tackling.

Personally, I'm still worried about the WR's. Why can't these guys seem to get open on a consistent basis? It's really starting to piss me off. I don't think teams play that well in either zone or man coverage these days. There should be seams in any zone coverage (and usually there are) and man coverage....come on? It's like Faulk said in the broadcast.....someone got to win (meaning the receivers getting their frickin ass open). It's really getting ridiculous.

Its pissing me off too as I watch other games it seems like receivers are always running away from DB's or they find a soft spot to sit down. Last night in the redzone every receiver was covered like a blanket.

I wish I had your confidence when it comes to the O line... When I think of us going on the road against the Lions on opening day not gonna lie I'm worried.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Not in pre-season
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    How about 6/17 64 yards. Does this alarm anyone?
    Not in Pre-season...
    Truth likes this.
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast