r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Simply Painful To Watch

Starting with the hold by Bartell that led to the only touchdown Seattle scored, to the ensuing horribly timed penalties, dropped passes, inability to execute and the "play not to lose" mentality of the coaching staff, this was a gut wrenching game to witness. I had a bad feeling from the get go.

Maybe I had unreasonable expectations, but Seattle was a train wreck the Rams allowed to get back on track. They showed more passion, more desire, threw caution to the wind, and it paid off. They deserved the win.

I see better days on the horizon, but this one is going to hurt for a while.

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: Simply Painful To Watch

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Starting with the hold by Bartell that led to the only touchdown Seattle scored, to the ensuing horribly timed penalties, dropped passes, inability to execute and the "play not to lose" mentality of the coaching staff, this was a gut wrenching game to witness. I had a bad feeling from the get go.

Maybe I had unreasonable expectations, but Seattle was a train wreck the Rams allowed to get back on track. They showed more passion, more desire, threw caution to the wind, and it paid off. They deserved the win.

I see much better days ahead and this year was a marked improvement over the past three tears but yeah, this one does hurt. We were outcoached, outplayed, out hustled, outdesired etc. but agree, the seahawks deserved to win given the way we played.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Thank you. We let a 7-9 team in the playoffs. That will hurt for a long time.

Idk what it is, but I just cannot get over this loss. Losing to who we did, and how we did, with what there was at stake....kinda ruined a great season for me. Believe me, I wish I was like some of the other posters on this board who can look through what happened tonight so fast.

I just can't though. Maybe its the fact that there might not be football next year. Maybe its me, who's too competitive and hates losing no matter what. Maybe a win against a bad team with a nobody at QB was too much to ask?

bruce4life is online now Registered User

I had the same exact feeling as you sir. I make quite a bit of money sportsbetting with a friend of mine and we consult each other on every bet we make before betting a game. He wanted to bet the farm on the Rams tonight and I told him not to because point blank I thought the Rams would lay an egg tonight... I could not pinpoint why I felt that way I just had a feeling that the players were not up for a game of this magnitude.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Yeah, Mike.....It's Called CHOKING!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

makersncoke is offline Registered User

I don't believe it was unreasonable at all, it looked to me like the team came out flat, scared, uneasy, they didn't look like they were ready for the big stage. That falls squarely on the shoulders of Spags, along with the horrid game plan that didn't include your pro bowl running back. Did anyone notice how mad Jax was that he wasn't getting the ball? I wouldn't doubt if he didn't give the coaching staff an earful after the game, if he didn't he should have. Hopefully I'll get over this in the next few days but right now I'm plenty pissed at yet another opportunity that was squandered by this staff to give Rams fans something to get excited about.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    I don't believe it was unreasonable at all, it looked to me like the team came out flat, scared, uneasy, they didn't look like they were ready for the big stage. That falls squarely on the shoulders of Spags, along with the horrid game plan that didn't include your pro bowl running back. Did anyone notice how mad Jax was that he wasn't getting the ball? I wouldn't doubt if he didn't give the coaching staff an earful after the game, if he didn't he should have. Hopefully I'll get over this in the next few days but right now I'm plenty pissed at yet another opportunity that was squandered by this staff to give Rams fans something to get excited about.
    It's almost as if they don't want to rebuild the fanbase.

/Things that make you go Hmmmm....

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Had I known that we would go back to that wussie mentality of Spagnuolo and staff, I would've preferred to lose last week as well.

But in some ways I guess I saw it coming. I guess Spagnuolo felt like a fish out of water last week. Actually looking entertaining in a game certainly is not one of his favorite things, is it?

So we're stuck with this terrible loss, to a team that we should've easily beaten. And dropped a few draft spots on top of that.

Thanks Spags.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -01-03-2011 at 02:03 AM.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Yes this was a difficult game to watch. The offense sputtered and could not get going. We let a very poor team into the playoffs. Spags and Bradford looked like rookies yesterday and the officials made the game look ridiculous.

It is a difficult stadium to play in and the rams have struggled with away games this year. Sad ending to a big year of improvement.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

We lost to a team led by Charlie Whitehurst?! UGH!!!!!!

What was up with Jackson on the sidelines on a few 3rd down plays in the biggest game of our season? Darby in for Jackson?! UGH!!!!!

Sam Bradford was ineffective all game.......Sure our receivers dropped some catchable balls but Sam was off tonight!UGH!!!!!

From 1-15 to 7-9 is great and our future looks very promising but this game hurts!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

This was a performance similar to the Detroit game where everyone just expected the Rams to turn up and beat the Seahawks.
    When things started to not go our way they didnt know what to do. You cannot be that conservative in such an important game, whats the matter with this coaching staff ?
    Highly embarrassed under the bright lights of national TV. The whole team top to bottom looked out of there depth, so this falls on the coache's toes.
    The worst part about this performance is there are no more games to redeem ourselves. The overwhelming memory of this season will be the Seattle game.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-03-2011 at 02:35 PM.