Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
  1. #31
    dgr828's Avatar
    dgr828 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    THE GOLDEN STATE
    Posts
    1,917
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    The Veteran In Question, For Everyones Information, Is None Other Than Punter Bryan Barker. He's Doing His Job, Why Can't These Guys Do Theirs! Don't Tick Barker Off, Or He'll Give You The Boot!

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  2. #32
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,479
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I disagree. It would seem to me they provide potentially inside information that we'd not have any knowledge of should all sources be required to have their names attached to comments. Take them with a grain of salt, but take them nonetheless, IMO.
    I disagree with your disagreement. If the person isn't willing to put their name to the quote, or if the reporter can't or won't name the source, I have no interest whatsoever in hearing it.


    When you look beyond the name, some of what he says sounds pretty reasonable, wouldn't you say?
    "Aside from all that, how did you like the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

    I'll quote it again:

    "A lot of things broke down, communicationwise, because John Shaw wasn't there to see what was going on firsthand. I just don't understand how you can try to run what is almost a billion-dollar business from afar, and then have all that junk going on and not do anything to fix it."

    Is this so outlandish? Maybe I'm the only one willing to listen to what Turley is saying and judge it after examining it instead of dismissing it because his name actually is attached.
    The only fact in the quote is that John Shaw was doing his job from afar. We knew that. Why do I need to hear Kyle Turley, of all people, comment on that?

  3. #33
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,290
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    I disagree with your disagreement. If the person isn't willing to put their name to the quote, or if the reporter can't or won't name the source, I have no interest whatsoever in hearing it.
    Fair enough. We must simply agree to disagree about our disagreements.


    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    The only fact in the quote is that John Shaw was doing his job from afar. We knew that. Why do I need to hear Kyle Turley, of all people, comment on that?
    I'd be one of the first people to get in line if we're making a list of people who don't care for Turley, but since he was engulfed in the organization including "situations" with the front office and coach, I think his opinion carries at least some weight. Still, as I said, take it with a grain of salt.

    But if you're waiting for a player currently on the team to come out publically and trash the organization and/or its other players, you shouldn't be holding your breath. We've seen in recent weeks what happens to those kind of players.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  4. #34
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,479
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    I don't want players to trash the team.

    Frankly, as a fan, all I care about is performance on the field. I don't care one bit who hates who in the front office, or which players are sulking or don't like their teammates. I'd rather all that be kept "in house."

    So, when I read an article like Silver's, which is intended to be shocking, and its filled with rehashing of old stories, unnamed quotes and, worst of all, Kyle Turleyisms, all I can do is yawn.

  5. #35
    MOM's Avatar
    MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Springfield, MO
    Age
    37
    Posts
    566
    Rep Power
    18

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    Frankly, as a fan, all I care about is performance on the field. I don't care one bit who hates who in the front office, or which players are sulking or don't like their teammates. I'd rather all that be kept "in house."
    I am the same way.....to a degree.

    Sometimes, the who's doing what to who for how many food stamps can have an adverse affect on what we care about. THAT is when I care.

    Just my two cents on that.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

  6. #36
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    I think the biggest problem I have in all this, is that it is starting to sound a lot like the 90's to me.

    Problems from the top down is never a good thing and it completely destroyed our team in the 90's. I can not go through another 10 year drought. Someone better step up to the plate and fix the problems. Stan??

  7. #37
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,532
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Here's my question about the unnamed sources.........for the informants that are dogging on Martz, why would they remain unnamed? He's not coming back, what do they care? Now I can see the requested anonymity for the ones dogging the whole organization or Shaw/Zygmunt in particular, but who needs anonymity when trashing Martz? It sounds like they would be a hero in the FO, why stay secret?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  8. #38
    Roy G. Biv's Avatar
    Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    The Modern Day Dead RŠibťad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    251
    Rep Power
    17

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I agree Hub it does.
    I'm going to assume that you two know you're agreeing on the exact opposite conclusions. One quote appears that Martz is making decisions, the other appears that either Shaw and/or Zygmunt is/are making the decisions. How can you two "agree" on that?

    Maybe there is a conclusion to be reached here. After reading this article, it appears that NOBODY is making decisions in this organization. What a joke our front office has become.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

  9. #39
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    I agreed with Hub that this post stated quite clearly who was making the calls. It said Martz had no one to blame but his self because he made most of the personnel decisions.

  10. #40
    Tailgage-Mayor's Avatar
    Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Who called out the 3 number 1s? Probably Tyoka, maybe Marshall, but more likely Tyoka.

    As for moving to LA, get ready to enjoy home games with the Saints.

    Itís disheartening to hear the team was laughing on the way back from Seattle. Crap, Iím just a stupid fan and Iím still pissed off about the loss and probably wonít feel better until Friday.

  11. #41
    Tailgage-Mayor's Avatar
    Tailgage-Mayor is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    st louis
    Posts
    120
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    One more thought, old adage in business “When everyone is responsible, no one is responsible”. Shaw needs to set clear lines of authority and responsibility.

  12. #42
    talkstoangels61's Avatar
    talkstoangels61 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Illinois
    Age
    53
    Posts
    954
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Relly don't care but,glad they said it! Truth hurts some people some times!................i'll tell you how to get play out of players!..........Insentives baby insentives!.......So much a sack,tackle,etc...........Its like paying my subs piece work!............i garauntee that if they get paid for what they did on the field you'd see more out of them come Sunday or gameday!...............................Thats why id like to see the rookies in there! thy're hungry and some of the vets loaf!.....their not!~

  13. #43
    RamJackson39's Avatar
    RamJackson39 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    990
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    It’s disheartening to hear the team was laughing on the way back from Seattle. Crap, I’m just a stupid fan and I’m still pissed off about the loss and probably won’t feel better until Friday
    I like that. It's hard to forget a loss like that, but you have to forget about it. This Sunday, it doesnt matter what happened last week; because you have to go out there and play again. The sooner you get over a loss, the better.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.


  14. #44
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Who called out the 3 number 1s? Probably Tyoka, maybe Marshall, but more likely Tyoka.
    The question I have is why haven't we seen any of this stuff mentioned on ESPN or the NFL Network?
    I've been watching all week and the only thing I've heard regarding the RAMS is that Jerry Gray is a leading candidate for the HC job.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  15. #45
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,532
    Rep Power
    144

    Re: SI's M. Silver on Rams Front office--W-O-W

    Quote Originally Posted by STLRAMSFAN
    I agreed with Hub that this post stated quite clearly who was making the calls. It said Martz had no one to blame but his self because he made most of the personnel decisions.
    Well, that wasn't exactly what I was saying. This article has an unnamed staffer saying Martz has personnel power, and some would say that is the definitive answer as to who was calling the shots in Rams Park. However, later in the article, the author writes....
    Martz was given control of player personnel decisions, though Shaw held veto power.

    .....the close relationship between Zygmunt and Martz began to deteriorate, with battles over personnel becoming more frequent. Though Martz had nominal power, Zygmunt became more assertive in his personnel recommendations, and Shaw would sometimes side with him over Martz.
    So it appears that the answer isn't as cut and dry as one unnamed staffer's opinion. Who is the unnamed staffer anyway, it could be Samir the Slasher for all we know.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •