Thread: Sit Jax

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Sit Jax

I'm sure everyone's hoping and praying that our horse will be ready to go but i think if Jax isnt healthy we sit him till that thigh heals properly. Unless we're playing possum, we really can't risk losing this guy for the season. We can risk the game against the Pats (i really want to beat the Pats) But our divisional games are more important than redeeming ourselves from our SB loss. At this point all of our games are important but we have to be smart and make the decisions that'll help us in the long run. If we take a risk and win without Jax this Sunday, we'll have more games to look forward to, especially with jax comming back healthy the next game. But if we lose and find out later that Jax is out for the season that'd be devastating. We're just starting to get our swagger back and losing Jax would be a major setback. We still have a chance at winning this division but it isnt gonna happen without him.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

Re: Sit Jax

I agree with what you are saying and from the sounds of it so does Steven Jackson. Remember the comments he made about how he would rather sit for a week and heal properly than force it too early and risk further injury. So I wouldn't worry too much about it. If he is out there playing, that means he is healed up and ready to go. If not, then we will see him in Arizona.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Even as hurt as the Pats are, this will still be a very hard game for us, and the way to win is through the air, not the ground. Also, the running game relies upon the line more than the back, and running back is the easiest position to replace. All signs point to letting Jax rest if he's not 100%.

To win, we need to go to the air so we can establish a lead that Cassel needs to pass to overcome. While that gameplan is easier was Jax in the lineup to make them honest, I have faith in Avery and Holt to execute.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Since I have no medical experience, I don't want to sound like a moron, but can anyone that really knows tell me if he's actually risking further injury? He hasn't torn anything, and to the best of my knowledge it's a bad bruise, but other than it hurting, can he really do more damage or would it just hurt like heck?

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    Since I have no medical experience, I don't want to sound like a moron, but can anyone that really knows tell me if he's actually risking further injury? He hasn't torn anything, and to the best of my knowledge it's a bad bruise, but other than it hurting, can he really do more damage or would it just hurt like heck?
    That's a great question.

If he is in no danger of risking further damage I say he plays. He's to important to our offense to hold him out. He doesn't have to handle the ball as much as he normally does but can be used as a decoy. Of course the Patriots are going to be jamming and holding him on every play anyway.

See Marshall Faulk Superbowl XXXVI.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yea if he's at risk, by all means, please sit him. His season isn't worth one game. But if he's just in pain, I think theses players are paid enough money to tolerate some pain.

supachump is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRamFan View Post
    It may not be an issue of injuring it further or causing more damage. But if he is still in pain, he could simply make it hurt more if it isn't 100%. That would cause him to miss more games than if he allowed it to feel 100% to begin with.

Another thing is, if he has pain, he may subconsciously favor that leg and therefore injure something else in the process.

rammiser is offline Registered User

I hate people saying that this game isnt as important as a division game. This game is a winnable game and if anyone who still thinks the Rams have a shot at the division the Rams need to win this game. With all the injuries the Pats have they are very beatable, even in New England. If the Rams want to prove they deserve a trip to the playoffs this is a must win game. Setting up a huge divisional show down with the Cards next week. What if the Cards win and we lose that puts us to 2-5 and the Cards will be 5-2 going into next week. That puts us 3 games out goin into the game next week. But if we win and the Cards lose how huge would it be with all that momentum and a home game coming up vs the Cards? The Pats game vs the Brocos was a total fluke and the Rams need to make Cassel beat them. I say blitz early and often and shut down the run which shouldnt be that difficult with their 4th string rb running the ball. I'm not saying the Rams will win but this game to me is very important not only confidence wise but staying in the hunt for the division as well. I think if there is no threat of a tear Jax needs to suit up and suck it up. He will be the key to victory this weekend and without him it could get ugly with no threat of a great rb.
    Just Fix It

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I hate people saying that this game isnt as important as a division game. This game is a winnable game and if anyone who still thinks the Rams have a shot at the division the Rams need to win this game. With all the injuries the Pats have they are very beatable, even in New England. If the Rams want to prove they deserve a trip to the playoffs this is a must win game. Setting up a huge divisional show down with the Cards next week. What if the Cards win and we lose that puts us to 2-5 and the Cards will be 5-2 going into next week. That puts us 3 games out goin into the game next week. But if we win and the Cards lose how huge would it be with all that momentum and a home game coming up vs the Cards? The Pats game vs the Brocos was a total fluke and the Rams need to make Cassel beat them. I say blitz early and often and shut down the run which shouldnt be that difficult with their 4th string rb running the ball. I'm not saying the Rams will win but this game to me is very important not only confidence wise but staying in the hunt for the division as well. I think if there is no threat of a tear Jax needs to suit up and suck it up. He will be the key to victory this weekend and without him it could get ugly with no threat of a great rb.
    I don't think i said this game wasnt important. What i'm basically saying is we have a better chance at the division if jax is with us the rest of the season.

btimsah Guest

Is Pittman ready? If not, then we need Jax. Simple as that. We can't rely on Travis Minor, I mean this isn't Madden Football.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I'll leave the medical assessment to the doctors. If they say that Jackson is okay to play, then he should play.

Right now, the Rams have something they have not had in a long time: momentum. If Jackson's presence on the field will enhance the likelihood of winning this game and keeping the momentum going, then he should be on the field.

THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User

I mean I agree and disagree. I feel like we need Jackson to keep our run alive, because he is so versatile, and I think Pittman and Minor kind of lack being able to strect the field as much as he does.

Our recievers have to step it up another notch, today.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

If Jackson is ready to play, let the man play. He's our work horse and we play better with him on the field. Now, if we have to swap him to give him some rest, I believe Pittman can step up and be a reliable option in that case.

However, we will win this game through the air as mentioned. Their secondary is banged up and we have Avery and Holt playing. We saw what we can accomplish through the air, so lets see how that continues.

If Jackson needs to sit, then sit him. We can have Pittman play there. I have confidence that we can do this!