MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

SJ given kudos on CBS Faceoff ..

Calvin Johnson, Steven Jackson or Terrell Owens: Who is the most talented player wasting away on a last-place team?

PRISCO: It's Steven Jackson -- by a big margin. Have you seen the numbers he's putting up for that bad St. Louis Rams team? He's having a huge season, and nobody is paying attention. Jackson has 915 yards rushing, is averaging 4.8 per rush and has 33 catches. He's doing it on a team that doesn't have great players outside in the passing game. That means teams can load up to stop the run. He sees a lot of eight-man fronts. That can make it tough to run, but Jackson keeps putting up big numbers. In talking to some of the defensive players around the league, they rave about Jackson. He's a load to tackle and he plays hard all the time. I think the respect for Jackson is going up this year more than ever. He's a great player on a bad team. You wonder what he'd be like if he played on a good team, one with a passing game.

JUDGE: Steven Jackson. A few weeks ago we were asked to choose the best running back not named Adrian Peterson. I would like to amend my answer and say Steven Jackson. I can't fathom how he is doing what he is doing this season, and what he is doing is just about everything. He is the NFL's third-leading rusher, behind Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson. He averages five yards a carry. He has three straight 100-yard performances. He's the Rams' leading receiver. Basically, he does it all, and he does it with a bad football team beginning to show signs of life because ... well because Steven Jackson is carrying the Rams. Frankly, I don't know how he motivates himself, but he does. And he's doing it right. Imagine what happens if and when St. Louis surrounds him with talent. The guy already is a load. When opponents have to concentrate on others he'll be the NFL version of a nuclear weapon.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: SJ given kudos on CBS Faceoff ..

This is why I am for concentrating on the offense in this years draft and free agency.

Our defense is getting better each game and will continue to grow under Spags. The main thing the defense is missing right now is time on the sidelines.

If we can get the passing game going to take some pressure off of SJax we would not only be able to score but more importantly control the clock.

#39 Fan Guest

love that last sentence!

Thanks for posting

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    This is why I am for concentrating on the offense in this years draft and free agency.

Our defense is getting better each game and will continue to grow under Spags. The main thing the defense is missing right now is time on the sidelines.

If we can get the passing game going to take some pressure off of SJax we would not only be able to score but more importantly control the clock.
    I'm on board with that strategy. We need a QB and WR out of the top two picks next year in my opinion. A franchise QB and a #1 WR would go a *long* way towards making this team competitive again.

I hope we will be able to field a competitive team before Jackson gets old, hopefully we'll make relatively quick turnaround next year and the year after like several other teams in recent memory.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Steven Jackson could be the closest thing to Jim Brown that the NFL has even seen. Have you noticed that when he's in the open field that players rarely even try to tackle him anymore, they just lunge at his legs?

Torry Holt is offline Registered User

He deserves the MVP, I know, you can't have the MVP in a losing team but Steven Jackson is the most VALUABLE player. Without him we are lost.
    Si vous croyez en vous, que vous avez de la fierté, et que vous ne lâchez jamais, vous serez un gagnant.
    Le prix de la victoire est chère, mais la récompense en vaut la peine.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Without the Big Boy we would have one less win than we do. Without Peyton Manning, the colts would have about 6 less wins than they do.

To me, there is no news here. The big boy had TWO seasons of 2000 total yards from scrimmage, including the monster 90 catch year where i believe he broke the all time record for yards from scrimmage and that was for a mediocre 8-8 team.

Its great that he is getting the recognition he deserves, especially (and finally) from Rams fans. He has been a monster for years, there is nothing new here.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

eric2810 is offline Registered User

When opponents have to concentrate on others he'll be the NFL version of a nuclear weapon.
    That right there just made my day. Go Rams!

DistantRam Guest

SJax has to be the most underrated player in the NFL right now and it's good that he's getting some recognition. It's criminal that he's only been to one Pro Bowl and that will, hopefully, be changed this year.

Not only is Steven a great running back, worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Dickerson and Faulk, but he's a leader and a player who gives everything on every play. In short, he is an all-time great Ram.