Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: SJ pulls a T.O on the sideline

Sorry for someone on the team showing frustration from losing and having the emotions showing that he hates it and wants to win.

I wish we had more emotional players like that on our team actually.

Jackson had every reason to be mad, your told the offense is in your hands in the offseason, and so far they haven't tried to hard to put it in his hands this season.

RamsFan16

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    from what I am reading here, nobody is hating on SJ, in fact everyone likes his fire including myself,someone needs to take the leadership role on this team,so why not Jackson because it is pretty clear our coaching staff needs to grow a set.
    The title of the thread says "SJ pulls a T.O." how is that not hating? Who besides some delusional Cowboys fans think T.O. is a good influence and a leader on a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Rambos is offline Registered User

The title of the thread says "SJ pulls a T.O." how is that not hating? Who besides some delusional Cowboys fans think T.O. is a good influence and a leader on a team.

Athens is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Facts? Try pure fiction. All it showed was Jackson yelling about something...who knows what...and the running backs coach had his hand on his chest. Jackson was NOT yelling at Wayne Moses or even looking at him. It appeared he was yelling at someone offscreen to his left. Maybe he was yelling at some O lineman telling them to frigging block somebody...who knows? We don't. Later it showed Jackson sitting calmy on the bench and talking with coaches...just a normal sideline shot, nothing you don't see 20 times a game, every game.

So quit looking for excuses to hate Jackson and make him look bad....it's quite pathetic.

From the coach......

" Jackson wants the ball more...
    that apparently is the source of his displeasure."

Sounds pretty factual to me.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Just to add my 2 cents..........

Yelling and bawling isn't leadership.

Getting bent out of shape isn't leadership.

We don't know why he was doing these things on the sideline, although frustration probably played a decent part in it. I would hesitate to say he's pulling a "T.O".

But it's not leadership.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: SJ pulls a T.O. on the sideline

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Jackson had every reason to be mad; [they said] "the offense is in your hands" in the offseason, and so far they haven't tried to hard to put it in his hands this season.
    True and good argument RF16. Jax is not being selfish here, just deeply zealous and sincere about winning. I don't even think our No. 39 is dwelling on his personal yardage goals as much as he wants to see the Rams battle their way into a playoff scenario.

This defeat must have hurt him throughout the game and that ... is tough. I know this must have been the same agony for every Ram player with team today but, again, Steven Jackson is perceived -- by himself as well as by the media and perhaps most of the fans -- as the Roboram that is expected to trample over, ram through, or fly his way into big plays or to put points on the board.

I hope he gets his wish next week at TB. ...I surely do! :bash:

Milan is offline Registered User

I like that he's being emotional but you don't yell at the coaching staff.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I would hesitate to say he's pulling a "T.O".
    Ok I was a bit upset with the loss, that is a bite much! Saying he is pulling a TO.

That being said, we have other guys on this team that have made some pretty big plays in some big games. Bruce,Holt,Marc all have been in big games and have made some big plays.

Not going to SJ, may have been a hugh mistake. But the O line was not opening holes for him all day. IMO it was not a sure first down.

He avg 2.4 per carry or something like that in this game. If he was running down hill getting his 4 per carry I could understand it a little better.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-16-2007 at 09:10 PM.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Was it proven that he was yelling at the coaching staff? Like I said earlier, it looked to me like he was yelling at Romberg.

IMO, sometimes yelling and getting emotional is warranted, like now. I'm with Jackson on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    Just to add my 2 cents..........

Yelling and bawling isn't leadership.

Getting bent out of shape isn't leadership.

We don't know why he was doing these things on the sideline, although frustration probably played a decent part in it. I would hesitate to say he's pulling a "T.O".

But it's not leadership.
    Since I used the word "leader" and how T.O. isn't one you may be directing that at me (possibly) in which I will say I wasn't suggesting that Jackson yelling is good leadership.

Or you may just be making a statement that's not directed at me in which I will agree it's not leadership and also it was hardly a "T.O."

Nice to see you posting FP.

I do understand Jackson's frustration though.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    That being said, we have other guys on this team that have made some pretty big plays in some big games. Bruce,Holt,Marc all have been in big games and have made some big plays.

He avg 2.4 per carry or something like that in this game. If he was running down hill getting his 4 per carry I could understand it a little better.
    This I feel is a good point. Its all very well wanting the ball and wanting to be the focal point, but occasionally you have to realise that there are people out there in the same uniform who are paid an awful lot of money for being equally as good at their jobs as you.

We don't know why he was yelling and shouting. To me, it makes little difference whether it was directed at his team-mates or coaches, I just think that it's a use of emotion that would be better-used at upping his ypc.

Leading on the field.

There's plenty of time yet.
    Last edited by Fat Pang; -09-16-2007 at 08:57 PM. Reason: For some unearthly reason I mis-spelled 'paid' as 'payed'. :s

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Was it proven that he was yelling at the coaching staff? Like I said earlier, it looked to me like he was yelling at Romberg.

IMO, sometimes yelling and getting emotional is warranted, like now. I'm with Jackson on this.
    I also thought SJ was yelling at Romberg, not the staff.

Again I say that SJ is the least of our problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Since I used the word "leader" and how T.O. isn't one you may be directing that at me (possibly) in which I will say I wasn't suggesting that Jackson yelling is good leadership.

Or you may just be making a statement that's not directed at me in which I will agree it's not leadership and also it was hardly a "T.O."

Nice to see you posting FP.

I do understand Jackson's frustration though.
    Thanks mate

Nah, didn't have you in mind when I typed that one out.

But, I noticed last year when Bulger had his 'loud' moment, and again with Jackson on this occasion, that there is a danger of equating getting angry with being a leader and to me they're just different states.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Not being able to watch today's game, I missed the SJ incident (if indeed it can be called that).

I agree with Milan, however, about the no-no in approaching the Coach on a tantrum -- I repeat, if such was the case. // I would also agree with Pang in that those kinds of reactions are seldomly seen as traits of leadership.

Whichever the case, I trust Jax will take the proper action, be it to apologize or to explain, and make it his point to express his burning desire to be responsible for a good chunk of the offense load. I hope he brings this up in the next team meeting and respectfully calls for a Rams player committment, 'a la late 2006 Bulger'.

This time better sooner than later. Next week is a MUST. :r
    Last edited by RealRam; -09-16-2007 at 09:02 PM. Reason: Text

from what I am reading here, nobody is hating on SJ, in fact everyone likes his fire including myself,someone needs to take the leadership role on this team,so why not Jackson because it is pretty clear our coaching staff needs to grow a set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    why is yelling a problem,it wasn't a big deal, it's an emotional game,IT'S FOOTBALL if you have a problem with that maybe you should watch golf and you might want to work on your golf clap for next weekend.
    When did I say it was a "big deal"? When did I say it was a "problem" In fact I said the exact opposite saying "Jackson is the least of our problems." My only problem in this thread is equating SJ to T.O.

In case you hadn't noticed I was the one defending Jackson, saying he isn't like T.O. Equating SJ with T.O. seems like hating to me, and even Rambos who started this thread admitted that he was frustrated when he made this thread saying SJ pulled a T.O. and said it was too much.

So I will chalk up your odd post about some golf crap to too many beers for you today I suppose.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -09-16-2007 at 09:18 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast