Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

SJ says "Everything's going to be OK" ...

ESPN.com: 2007

Thursday, September 13, 2007
    Steven Jackson: Everything's going to be all right

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    By Steven Jackson

Let's just get this out of the way, before we get into the fun stuff. Sixty-one yards isn't going to help you win your fantasy games, but, more importantly, it's not going to help the Rams win the real ones. Just remember that it's a long season. We're one-sixteenth into the regular season. You kind of just put it in the back of your mind, and learn from it.
    We got the loss out of our system. We're going to bounce back. I said I wanted to reach 2,500 total yards this year because if I can produce like that, I know we'll win the Super Bowl, and one loss isn't going to change my goals for myself or the team. I mean, I'm not going to sit here and totally discount your fantasy team; if you have me, and I get you those 2500 yards, we all win. I get my ring, you get bragging rights with your friends and co-workers, and it all works out well in the end. So don't panic when you see the 61 up there. It's only the first week.

And speaking of the first week, how many of you liked my new shoe commercial? If you haven't seen it, the commercial features me running through a series of different defenses, conditions and stadiums, all of which change seamlessly as if I was just running downfield. I've been getting a lot of compliments on how it ended up looking. You know who directed that? Michael Mann, same guy who did "Heat" and "Last of the Mohicans." I dare to say this was his finest piece of work. I mean, the guy has worked with Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Colin Farrell, Will Smith, Jamie Foxx, Tom Cruise and Steve Jackson. What an honor.

A lot of people are asking if that was me, or some high-powered computer. Here's the exclusive answer, for all you ESPN readers:

It was me.

We did it over two days out at the Rose Bowl this summer. I had to work until midnight. But it was worth it. The background and the snow and all the other fun stuff whizzing by: all computer. But that's really me, running, jumping, and spinning around real players. And with the music playing and just the overall look and feel of it well, it all just came together perfectly. (If you're wondering about the music, by the way, it's from the "Mohicans" soundtrack.)

So we have San Francisco this Sunday. We lost Orlando for the season, I know, but we've got some good guys on this line. Guys I trust, guys I'm putting my faith in to open up the holes and move us downfield. We've got a long season ahead of us, and it's only going to get better, for the fantasy players, for the Rams, and for the NFL.

Before I sign off this week, I just want to ask all of you readers to keep Kevin Everett in your thoughts and prayers. It's tough to read these reports and be totally in the dark as to what's happening with him. I know as much as you all do. So please, keep him in your thoughts, and pray he gets well soon.

And with that, I will see you all next week.

Steven Jackson is a weekly contributor to ESPN.com Fantasy.

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

Re: SJ says "Everything's going to be OK" ...

Lots of words, nothing that makes me feel any better about the weeks comming up.

When SJ gets 125 yds and 2 TDs then I'll be feeling better.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

bruce4life is offline Registered User

stop talking and just produce stevie

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Stats or wins........

I want WINS!!!!

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    stop talking and just produce stevie
    Considering that ESPN Fantasy asked Jackson to be a weekly contributor and he agreed, he has to talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRam
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Stats or wins........

I want WINS!!!!

At the end of the day, THAT is the bottom line.

Stats are for fantasy leagues and contract negotiations.

WINS are for pride and lead to the ultimate prize. If the wins add up the stats should naturally follow.:l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

RealRam is offline Registered User

Nevertheless, I enjoyed this repertoire by SJ. It just makes me feel like he's going to bring the BEAST from within in a special way for this Sunday.

And as such, he won't be alone amongst Rams.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Good read, I just wish he would focus on the whiners instead of a SB ring. One step at a time SJ.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Okay, not a whole lot to reassure us there, but I have to admit the commercial did look pretty cool.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Okay, not a whole lot to reassure us there, but I have to admit the commercial did look pretty cool.
    I especially like the end where Jackson is struggling against 5 or 6 Steelers and his arm emerges from the scrum and holds the football across the goal line :l
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Rambos is offline Registered User

And speaking of the first week, how many of you liked my new shoe commercial? If you haven't seen it, the commercial features me running through a series of different defenses, conditions and stadiums, all of which change seamlessly as if I was just running downfield. I've been getting a lot of compliments on how it ended up looking.
    I'm getting old he kills me. SJ is all about SJ. How about my two fumbles last week they where seamless!!! This is what is wrong with football today.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

This is an article about fantasy football that he was paid to write. He was not paid to write about the Rams, wins, the niners, or anything else. Just his take on his fantasy football stats and what kind of points he'll be scoring for managers this year.

I think some of you guys are just looking for reasons to hate Jackson...not sure why, considering we would've been 0-16 last year without him.

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    This is an article about fantasy football that he was paid to write. He was not paid to write about the Rams, wins, the niners, or anything else. Just his take on his fantasy football stats and what kind of points he'll be scoring for managers this year.

I think some of you guys are just looking for reasons to hate Jackson...not sure why, considering we would've been 0-16 last year without him.
    Exactly, the same thing I said earlier. Jackson is writing a fantasy article, it's not an interview, so he will talk about fantasy football and what's going on with him, plain and simple.
    What next, NFL gay players kissing on the mouth. To me it is S.O.S.: simply/obscene/sickening. Rest assured I will never cheer for a known homo player

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post

Well he sure is talking about winning a SB ring this year and that has nothing to do with FF. He needs to be focused on making the playoffs first.

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Well he sure is talking about winning a SB ring this year and that has nothing to do with FF. He needs to be focused on making the playoffs first.
    He still tied it into fantasy saying "if you have me, and I get you those 2500 yards, we all win. I get my ring, you get bragging rights with your friends and co-workers, and it all works out well in the end. So don't panic when you see the 61 up there. It's only the first week."

People need to not read so much into every litttle thing, it's just a fantasy football article. Jackson is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with some people.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast