Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Re: SJ says "Everything's going to be OK" ...

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Jackson is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't with some people.
    That is not the case with me. I love SJ and even side with him over Faulk when he talks about Marshall not really mentoring him enough. It just irked me a little to hear him talking about winning a SB when this team seems to gloss over the little things so much. Maybe I'm just in a foul mood because of this Hill injury.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    That is not the case with me. I love SJ and even side with him over Faulk when he talks about Marshall not really mentoring him enough. It just irked me a little to hear him talking about winning a SB when this team seems to gloss over the little things so much. Maybe I'm just in a foul mood because of this Hill injury.
    I know it's not everyone, but there is a lot of it i've noticed. People need to be thankful we have a top RB on our team and not pick apart his every word. Just be happy we aren't stuck with someone like Jamal Lewis.

Yeah I understand your mood, the Hill injury shocked and bothered me also. :\
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Last year Jackson was crucified by RAMS fans for talking about the team and his goals before the season, then ridiculed for "dancing" too much during the season. He then proceded to amass the 5th highest all-purpose yardage total in NFL history. Didn't he earn the right to give his opinions, especially when they're positive and tied to team success, or does he have to prove himself all over again at the beginning of every season before he can open his mouth?? I just don't get the Jackson defamation machine around here.:x

Rambos is online now Registered User

Didn't he earn the right to give his opinions, especially when they're positive and tied to team success
    Help me on this Mike how is the about anything but him.

And speaking of the first week, how many of you liked my new shoe commercial? If you haven't seen it, the commercial features me running through a series of different defenses, conditions and stadiums, all of which change seamlessly as if I was just running downfield. I've been getting a lot of compliments on how it ended up looking.
    or does he have to prove himself all over again
    Yep one year is just what it is one year, this year he has two fumbles. Just ask Warner, you are only as good as your last game. I hope Sunday he is as good as he thinks he is! We need him to have a HUGH game.

I said I am getting Old I am old school, I like the Issac Bruce type of players, they just show up and play, thats just me.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I said I am getting Old I am old school, I like the Issac Bruce type of players, they just show up and play, thats just me.
    Well even Bruce said on his blog he was going to be MVP this year.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

SJ is all about SJ.
    Just read the article...

"Sixty-one yards isn't going to help you win your fantasy games, but, more importantly, it's not going to help the Rams win the real ones."
    "I said I wanted to reach 2,500 total yards this year because if I can produce like that, I know we'll win the Super Bowl, and one loss isn't going to change my goals for myself or the team."
    All about SJ? I don't see it. The guy is confident and has set personal goals, but clearly team success is important to him. It's right there in the text.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Nick did an excellent job outlining exactly what I was getting at.

Yep one year is just what it is one year, this year he has two fumbles. Just ask Warner, you are only as good as your last game. I hope Sunday he is as good as he thinks he is! We need him to have a HUGH game.
    So last year means nothing? This year he's back to being a loudmouthed bum?

Quote Originally Posted by BigGameMN View Post
    Well even Bruce said on his blog he was going to be MVP this year.
    That's a great point.

I'm old school also, but Bruce saying he will be MVP is the same thing as Jackson telling us his goals. I've learned to accept it and not pick everything said apart and put it under a microscope, especially since fantasy football is a phenomenon (I love it) and stats are out there 24/7.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Lotta hype on him before the season started but he did go up against a panthers D that is healthy. I kinda felt his production was gonna be limited. This week will be different against the ******!!

I think you guys would agree that Bruce, would make a comment like that about every 10 years. I still don't like guys who are looking for the spotlight to shine always on them. When BL scored his first TD, he just gave the ball to the ref. He did not run to the sideline and hold up a sign he worked o all week saying “Next stop HOF”.

I don’t like “85”, I don’t care how many TD he scores, how much he helps his team, I would rather have Marvin or Bruce on the Rams. I guess that’s the part of me that’s old school. The NFL must think it’s ok they let this stuff on the NFLN all the time it must sell.

SJ is all about SJ.

Nick I did not mean to imply that in this article, he has a way about him that comes across (too me anyways) that it just about him.

It all good I hope like Hell he gets 2500 yards! All of the talking he does and to come out and fumbles twice. You guys all can go back to any post I was involved in last week and you won’t find one where I ripped SJ for, running his mouth and then laying an egg until I read this. It did piss me off when I see him saying, “did you see my new commercial”.

I hope he shows up and run like the beast he is, on Sunday and afterwards he can say how great he is.

This is the stuff I read, from SJ

“I expect to see eight men in the box around the league because that’s the respect that I demand,” Jackson said.

“I expect to see to see a lot of blitzing, if they don’t get to me I will shred their secondary all day and late into the night. Marc said (NOT!)

“I expect to see eight men in the box around the league because that’s the respect that I demand,”

SJ does not need to say this stuff, he is that good. Heck the Whinners coach and most coaches around the league will say this for him if he would just give them a chance.

I think you guys would agree that Bruce, would make a comment like that about every 10 years.
    Actually being a huge Bruce fan I never thought he would make a comment like he did. No matter if it's once a week or every ten years, the MVP comment is all about Bruce, and he has said it more than once. It doesn't bother me, but if I pick it apart enough I could spin it like Bruce is all about Bruce. I just don't see the point in crucifying Bruce or Jackson.

This SJ article is what it is, he's being paid by ESPN to talk about himself and fantasy. He is being paid by Nike for that commercial so why not promote it in an article he is writing. It's a different time now, information is everywhere 24/7.

Jackson writing articles for ESPN and Bruce writing a blog is a lot different than Chad Johnson bringing props to the sideline or telling us how he is going to celebrate each week.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

Actually being a huge Bruce fan I never thought he would make a comment like he did. No matter if it's once a week or every ten years, the MVP comment is all about Bruce, and he has said it more than once. It doesn't bother me
    It bothers me and that was my point, some people like that part o the NFL. Guys like "85", I don't, some do.

This SJ article is what it is, he's being paid by ESPN to talk about himself and fantasy.
    He has way more comments then this ESPN fantasy gig.

“I expect to see eight men in the box around the league because that’s the respect that I demand,” Jackson said.
    I could find a ton like this one. You would have to look long and hard too find a few on Bruce.

It bothers me and that was my point, some people like that part o the NFL. Guys like "85", I don't, some do.
    You used Bruce as an example of guys who just go out and play, but BigGameMN had a great point with Bruce saying he will be MVP. So if you are going to jump on SJ you should jump on Bruce also, but you didn't, you used him as an example.

My point is that Bruce's MVP comment would have bothered me because I am oldschool, but I've learned that in this day and age with info 24/7 and athletes talking, everything is out there. If SJ turns into Chad Johnson, then I will jump on him. As of now he isn't even close to Johnson, so I don't see the point in picking him apart and criticizing him.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

You used Bruce as an example of guys who just go out and play, but BigGameMN had a great point with Bruce saying he will be MVP.
    Like you said this one comment is not the norm for Bruce. SJ has had one GREAT year and he is all about SJ. Come Sunday he has open himslef up, just play the game. Which I think he can, I think is is a great back, I sure glad we have him, just play.

He said this among many others. I don't have to pick him apart, I'm not spinning what he has said. He demands 8 guys in the BOX from all that line up and play him. Some might say he is calling out the Whinners front four.

Is he as bad as "85" not close, but Bruce's one statment this late in his career, is not close too SJ and his comments. I would love nothing more then to see him put up big numbers. But when you talk as much as he does, you better back it up on game day.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Whatever!!

Personally, I'm tired of the talk. Just do your job. The money these players make sickens me at times when compared to their performance. Sometimes I simply shake my head and say "professional my a$$".

I could see and sense that Jackson was due to fumble, at least once. He was not taking care of the ball. Those two fumbles were huge. Fresh legs are one thing, but no contact during preseason certainly could have contributed to the fumbles.

Things might be ok with him but this team is on the brink of disaster. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money watching these bums year after year. Same sorry ass defense and slow starting offense. The older I get the less tolerance I seem to have for the general lack of competance and desire from this organization. Lately I even hate the uniforms and the color of the Horns.

Does not seem to matter who the coaches are. These players have no heart, no self pride. The ownership never seems to see it either. They seemingly do not care about winning or getting players that will give everything they have on the field to win a game. If the players are indeed giving it 100% (which I highly doubt) then simply put....THEY STINK!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast