throwback week

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yodude is offline Registered User

Re: SJ says "Everything's going to be OK" ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Whatever!!

Personally, I'm tired of the talk. Just do your job. The money these players make sickens me at times when compared to their performance. Sometimes I simply shake my head and say "professional my a$$".

I could see and sense that Jackson was due to fumble, at least once. He was not taking care of the ball. Those two fumbles were huge. Fresh legs are one thing, but no contact during preseason certainly could have contributed to the fumbles.

Things might be ok with him but this team is on the brink of disaster. I'm tired of spending my hard earned money watching these bums year after year. Same sorry ass defense and slow starting offense. The older I get the less tolerance I seem to have for the general lack of competance and desire from this organization. Lately I even hate the uniforms and the color of the Horns.

Does not seem to matter who the coaches are. These players have no heart, no self pride. The ownership never seems to see it either. They seemingly do not care about winning or getting players that will give everything they have on the field to win a game. If the players are indeed giving it 100% (which I highly doubt) then simply put....THEY STINK!!
    Well said...good to see you still lurking around!

Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Like you said this one comment is not the norm for Bruce. SJ has had one GREAT year and he is all about SJ. Come Sunday he has open himslef up, just play the game. Which I think he can, I think is is a great back, I sure glad we have him, just play.
    Whether it's the norm or not it's still no different when Bruce tells us after every blog he will be the MVP, Jackson is doing the same thing. So like I said you should be on Bruce to for talking if you are going to be on SJ. If like you said "it's all about playing" you should be on anyone who talks no matter if it's Bruce or SJ.

You are picking SJ apart though. He shouldn't talk he should just play etc, well if you take that stance you should with Bruce also, no MVP talk. You can't have it both ways. I don't buy the "it's not the same" argument either. It's exactly the same.

Having this discussion about SJ especially in this thread when this thread is about SJ writing his own fantasy article, and talking about himself which ESPN is paying him to do just shows how much crap SJ takes in general.

Sure SJ talks, sure there are other examples, but you aren't going to change him and until he starts acting like a fool like Chad Johnson or T.O. what's the point in complaining. Get used to it, I'm sure he will write an article every week.

Don't we have enough problems already then to jump on one of our best players who really isn't a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Whether it's the norm or not it's still no different when Bruce tells us after every blog he will be the MVP, Jackson is doing the same thing
    If that is how you see, I don't.

You are picking SJ apart though. He shouldn't talk he should just play etc, well if you take that stance you should with Bruce also, no MVP talk. You can't have it both ways. I don't buy the "it's not the same" argument either. It's exactly the same.
    Put up a poll and see what you get back.

You can ask it any way you want. I would think that most fans would not see Bruce and SJ in the same light when it comes to being humble.

Having this discussion about SJ especially in this thread when this thread is about SJ writing his own fantasy article, and talking about himself which ESPN is paying him to do just shows how much crap SJ takes in general.
    Iím still trying to understand how "did you see my latest commercial" has anything to do with fantasy football.

If does and I'm not sure he does, I would guess its because he talks a bit too much.

Sure SJ talks, sure there are other examples, but you aren't going to change him and until he starts acting like a fool like Chad Johnson or T.O. what's the point in complaining. Get used to it, I'm sure he will write an article every week.
    I'm sure he will keep talking himself up. I know I'm going to have to get used to it, but thats just the way the NFL is going. It's all good, I hope he has a good week, year, career and I hope he does it all in a Rams uni. I just hope one day he turns out to be as good as he thinks he is, and I hope it soon!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I just hope one day he turns out to be as good as he thinks he is, and I hope it soon!
    How good does he think he is? Did I miss something? If he thinks he's an elite NFL running back who practically carried his teams offense while achieving the 5th best all-purpose total in NFL history and being voted into the Pro Bowl by his peers and fans, I guess he thinks he's pretty good. He'd be right too.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

If that is how you see, I don't.

Put up a poll and see what you get back.

You can ask it any way you want. I would think that most fans would not see Bruce and SJ in the same light when it comes to being humble.

Iím still trying to understand how "did you see my latest commercial" has anything to do with fantasy football.

If does and I'm not sure he does, I would guess its because he talks a bit too much.

I'm sure he will keep talking himself up. I know I'm going to have to get used to it, but thats just the way the NFL is going. It's all good, I hope he has a good week, year, career and I hope he does it all in a Rams uni. I just hope one day he turns out to be as good as he thinks he is, and I hope it soon!
    We will have to agree to disagree because to me talking is talking whether it's Bruce or SJ. Maybe people see it that way maybe not, to me it doesn't matter how a poll would turn out because I still feel the same way. So if you want to do a poll feel free, it doesnt change my stance on the subject or really matter at all.

You proved my point, you are picking him apart about talking about his commercial in HIS own article. Obviously ESPN said talk about fantasy, talk about yourself, make it interesting. Don't just give us the numbers, spruce it up. Write about what's going on in your life. So he did. Does it really matter that he gave us the details about his commerical? Is it really that bad?

People complain because Bulger is too quiet and doesn't tell us much, and they still complain when Jackson gives us an inside look at what he's doing. You can't win.

So let's agree to disagree because this is going in circles now.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Kudos to Jared Cook for saying what needed to be said about being outplayed and outcoached vs the Cards.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce View Post
    Obviously ESPN said talk about fantasy, talk about yourself, make it interesting. Don't just give us the numbers, spruce it up. Write about what's going on in your life. So he did. Does it really matter that he gave us the details about his commerical? Is it really that bad?
    Great points. Jackson is talking to his fans, who are the ones reading the article. Seems logical that he would include other things than just fantasy facts.

In talking about his commercial, he's obviously not pumping himself up, he's giving credit to those that produced it and how well the visuals came out.

Steven Jackson is nothing more than a good natured young man who gives his all on the field every Sunday in a effort to help his team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123