Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Varg6 is offline Registered User

SJax accused of beating pregnant girlfriend

Per TMZ.com

NFL Star Accused of Beating Pregnant Girlfriend

Posted Jan 28th 2010 12:47PM by TMZ Staff

Steven Jackson -- the starting running back for the St. Louis Rams -- has been accused of one of the most vile crimes imaginable ... beating up his girlfriend while she was nine months pregnant with his child.

Steven Jackson: Click to view the document!
    Jackson's then-girlfriend Supriya Harris claims the NFL star got physical during an "argument" in March 2009 ... this according to a complaint filed with the Las Vegas Police Department.

In her complaint, Harris says, "Steven became enraged and pushed me to the ground, repeatedly."

Harris also claims Jackson, "forcibly grabbed my arm and flung me against the door. I was crying and trying to protect my stomach from the blows, as I was 9 mos pregnant."

In the complaint, Harris claims Jackson "continued to shove me against the door until his nephew ... interceded and yelled, 'uncle, she has a baby, stop.'"

Harris claims she was "bleeding heavily" from wounds she received after she was smashed into a door handle.

Harris says Jackson took her to a nearby hospital -- but instructed her to lie and tell doctors that she was injured from a fall in the shower.

Steven JacksonTen days after the alleged incident, Harris gave birth to their son. According to the complaint, Harris claims she left Steven 4 months later -- after he threatened to beat her up again at a music festival in New Orleans.

Jackson and Harris have been arguing over child support payments -- and recently Harris had filed documents with the court begging the judge to force Steven to pay up. That case is still pending.

We talked to Jackson's rep -- but we're still waiting for comment. Harris declined to comment on the matter.

----

Strange that we are JUST hearing about this now. I hope this is not true because that is disgusting.
    Last edited by Varg6; -01-28-2010 at 02:28 PM.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: SJax accused of beating pregnant girlfriend

Seems the nephew could very easily discount the claims. Still, never a good situation.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

TMZ....CNN....NYTimes....pretty much the same thing, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    TMZ....CNN....NYTimes....pretty much the same thing, right?
    I saw news regarding a St. Louis Rams player and decided to post it. Whether or not there's any merit to the article is a different story, let's hope not. Regardless, there's a police report with Steven Jackson's name on it...

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Wow.

Let me divide my comments into two categories:

Why We Should Not Condemn Jackson Too Quickly
    There is an obvious question that arises from his story: why is this coming to light now (10 months after the alleged incident occurred)? It is not entirely clear whether the report was filed in March of 2009, or if the report was filed recently regarding an incident that allegedly occurred in March of 2009. If it was filed then, then the fact that Jackson was never arrested would suggest that there was an issue of credibility. If was filed recently, why? Why would one wait 10 months to file a report. Considering that the parties are in a dispute over money, it could be a bargaining/leverage ploy. So, at this point, based upon the information we possess, I have to say that it is too early to condemn Jackson.

If It Is True
    If, in the end, this allegation proves to be true, then Jackson committed a dispicable act. Could that be forgiven/excused by the team? Not for me to decide, but I will say I'd have trouble pulling for the guy. From the Rams perspective, it would truly be a shame if it proves to be true, as it could cause them to lose their best player and a team leader.

I hope its not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I saw news regarding a St. Louis Rams player and decided to post it. Whether or not there's any merit to the article is a different story, let's hope not. Regardless, there's a police report with Steven Jackson's name on it...
    Exactly. It may or may not be true but it's included in a statement made to the police so what's the difference of the source?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Wow.

Let me divide my comments into two categories:

Why We Should Not Condemn Jackson Too Quickly
    There is an obvious question that arises from his story: why is this coming to light now (10 months after the alleged incident occurred)? It is not entirely clear whether the report was filed in March of 2009, or if the report was filed recently regarding an incident that allegedly occurred in March of 2009. If it was filed then, then the fact that Jackson was never arrested would suggest that there was an issue of credibility. If was filed recently, why? Why would one wait 10 months to file a report. Considering that the parties are in a dispute over money, it could be a bargaining/leverage ploy. So, at this point, based upon the information we possess, I have to say that it is too early to condemn Jackson.

If It Is True
    If, in the end, this allegation proves to be true, then Jackson committed a dispicable act. Could that be forgiven/excused by the team? Not for me to decide, but I will say I'd have trouble pulling for the guy. From the Rams perspective, it would truly be a shame if it proves to be true, as it could cause them to lose their best player and a team leader.

I hope its not true.
    Yeah, it seems like there's a lot of holes in even the small details that we have. The guy doesn't have a history of violence whatsoever. I'd be more inclined to believe this if he was a habitual offender with violence or just with being caught up in bad situations like some players but when do you ever hear any news at all about SJax? Never.

Not that I know him personally but I can't see him doing something like that...

And if this does turn out to be true, regardless if we wanted him on the team or not I think Goodell would have to suspend him from the NFL.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

hope its just another case of a woman scorned getting ugly and if SJ is proved to be innocent then miss Harris gets sued for dragging his good name through the mud.

if its proven to be true..well thats another matter..but to me he`s innocent until proven guilty.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I will hold my judgement on this since we dont know all of the facts yet, she could be lying for money, or he could have really done it we dont know. I will be the first to say that if this is true I will throw away my Jackson jersey.

This is utterly dispicable.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Excellent point on the suspension. From a legal perspective, while there may not be grounds to indict him, there could be grounds for the commissioner to act. Lets hope that none of it is true. My initial hope is that the nephew issues a strong denial of the story publicly and quickly. If that doesnt happen, i am going to get increasingly concerned.

Needless to say, this is not good news for either Jackson or the Rams.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

This is where the "4 Pillars" is going to really be tested.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

I don't believe a word of it...March? Jackson came out of the tunnel at the Home Opener holding his baby In Sept... One would think this story would have come out earlier.....Can we say *MONEY*?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

NFL Star Accused of Beating Pregnant Girlfriend | TMZ.com

You can read the whole report and see all the holes....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    My initial hope is that the nephew issues a strong denial of the story publicly and quickly. If that doesnt happen, i am going to get increasingly concerned.
    The fact she included him in the statement this many months later makes me think we won't be getting this denial anytime soon. If he wasn't there or can't collaborate the statement, why include him in the police statement?

The delay of a statement really isn't an excuse or guide with regard to guilt or innocence in a situation of domestic violence. To say it isn't true because she waited isn't being honest. My concern would be what does she have to gain my making this statement (true or false)? If the nephew comes out and says it didn't happen, it kills her credibility. We'd need to have the opinion of a lawyer in Nevada to know what their rules are in a case like this.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It's on the PD page also....this has some smoke to it.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast