Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RebelYell is offline Registered User

Re: SJax accused of beating pregnant girlfriend

All she did was file a statement. There are no charges and as far as I can tell none are expected. So he can't really be found guilty so a suspension is almost impossible. As Bra said, it's a PR situation that doesn't help anyone.

general counsel is offline Registered User

One thing is for sure. This is yet another example of what goes wrong when men think with only one eye. Put another way, its never a good idea to go swimming without your raincoat on. THe dispute over money is a result of poor planning and the use of the Evander Hollyfield method of birth control (otherwise known as the silent prayer method).

ramming speed to all

general counsel

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

I printed and read the actual statement filed by Ms. Harris. Here are some interesting points:
    • She asserts that SJ "pushed me again and again to the ground" and then "forcibly grabbed my arm and flung me against the door" causing the "door handle" to become "lodged in my hip and I was bleading heavily."
    • She then states that she went to the Hospital where "the nurse cleaned my wounds" and she was then "released about two hours later."
    This seems inconsistent with the photo purporting to show the scar. I'm no doctor, but that scar is clearly the result of a wound that was not merely "cleaned" by a nurse. It looks to me like the kind of scar you get when you have a wound closed by staples (I have experience with that type of scar).

I also have a hard time believing that a woman who is 9 months pregnant and is impaled by a door handle would be in and out of the hospital in "about two hours."

Draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -01-28-2010 at 06:05 PM.

Canadian Rams Fan is offline Registered User

I for one do not buy a word of it. I think that this is just another one of those people trying to make a quick money grab off of false allegations hoping that Jackson will pay her quite a large sum of money to make it all go away.

Watching profiles of him over the years and what he represents I do not buy it. This is someone who stands for way too much to commit such an act.

LongBlood is offline Registered User

Let's let this all play out. I wouldn't be so quick to discredit TMZ. As an avid believer of trade Jackson to make the Rams better long term it kind of saddens me that this is out there before the draft. True or false, I still think its best for the rams to try to trade him for a first round pick so we can take a WR with #1 potential.

supachump is offline Registered User

I don't buy this for a second. Too many holes in the story.

As mentioned above. Anyone who is thrown hard enough to have a door handle impaled in your side is not going to be cleaned up by a nurse and then released a couple of hours later.

She was nine months pregnant. The tests to make sure the baby was alright would take a decent amount of time in itself.

Sounds like someone wants a payday after not being happy with the amount of "child support" that she receives.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

If he did this he should go to jail.

If she is lying she should go to jail.

Her statement is very specific so I believe the case will hinge on how accurate it is.

If everyone she mentions in the statement confirms what she is saying it would be a slam dunk case.

If not there will always be doubt.

Sad day.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Hmm, just found out she's an aspiring model...perfect attention grabber perhaps?

The nephew who allegedly witnessed the incident is the key. If he corroborates the story, SJ is toast. If he denies it, Ms. Harris will have a credibility issue (she will, of course, attribute the denial to family loyalty or some other form of coersion).

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

New statement just released by Steven. He totally and outright denies all claims made against him and says he will pursue this outside the media.

Gawd i hope he's not lying..

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    New statement just released by Steven. He totally and outright denies all claims made against him and says he will pursue this outside the media.

Gawd i hope he's not lying..
    I know links aren't allowed but where'd you see this?

Av, you make very good points. If the nephew can read the police report (which is all over the web), what would stop him from perhaps lying and making up a story that matches her own? Not big into conspiracies but we certainly have to hope that the nephew tells the truth (if he's innocent, of course).

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Jackson responds:

Steven Jackson responds to allegations

Posted by Mike Florio on January 28, 2010 5:25 PM ET
    Rams running back Steven Jackson has issued a statement regarding the domestic violence allegations reported earlier today by TMZ.com.

The statement was forwarded to us by agent Steve Caric.

"It's disheartening that I have to address any alleged allegations 10 months later, but I have read the accusations made by Supriya Harris, and they are untrue," Jackson said. "The accusations are especially hurtful because those who truly know me know that those actions would be out of character for me. Miss Harris is the mother of my son, a son that I love and that I willingly support emotionally and financially. I will address this matter thoroughly through the appropriate avenues, but not through the media."

Jackson has not been arrested or charged with any crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I know links aren't allowed but where'd you see this?

Av, you make very good points. If the nephew can read the police report (which is all over the web), what would stop him from perhaps lying and making up a story that matches her own? Not big into conspiracies but we certainly have to hope that the nephew tells the truth (if he's innocent, of course).
    Its SJ's nephew, not hers. That's why I say that if he sides with her, SJ is toast.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson's statement is encouraging. Brief but to the point. We'll see how this plays out, but since he's been neither charged nor arrested in this matter, I have my doubts regarding the legitimacy of the report's details.

A question for our resident attorneys - since this appeals to be a civil matter, is there a chance we'll never really know what really happened?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I agree that it is too early to pass judgment. Break-ups where there's money or children involved can lead to a lot of exaggerated or outright false allegations. On the other hand, it's easy to see how a pregnant woman might by intimidated into silence by a man of Jackson's size. At this point, it's basically her word against his.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast