Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The sky is falling

Hub, I know I'm going to rub some people the wrong way, But hell yea that's what there saying. Come on California vs. Missouri.
    I eagerly await those quotes. In the meantime......I'd take Missouri over California in a heartbeat. Just my opinion, of course.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

LA, STL, NY, BOS, etc etc....It doesn't matter to me. My RAMS are my RAMS, period.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I eagerly await those quotes. In the meantime......I'd take Missouri over California in a heartbeat. Just my opinion, of course.
    Hub, Your opinion is yours & mine is mine. With all things being equal a FA looking for a new team to play for, I believe will opt for LA over St. Louis the majority of the time. As much as some people hate LA, people still seem to flock to this city every year for the glitter & the glamour. Now this may not be your bag of tea, but there's no deninig that this city & state has a lot to offer.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by BIG-BLUE View Post
    Hub, Your opinion is yours & mine is mine.
    Exactly. You love SoCal. I love the big MO. But our respective affinities are not encapsuled within a multi-million dollar contract. These are professional athletes who have, on average, four years to make all the money they can in their chose industry. They have to go wherever the contract takes them, regardless of geographical setting. If I had to guess, I would consider using the town as a major decision point, rather foolish. These kids got to make the money while they can, where they can.

P.S. You love LA (in my best Randy Newman voice), and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. That's just our opinion, and never the two will meet. And that's okay. That's why we have 50 states to choose from; if you don't like the one you're in, you got 49 others to choose from.

Just imagine those poor saps in Luxemborg. If some guy in South Luxemborg doesn't like it where's he gonna go? North Luxemborg? That's separated by what, like 2 blocks?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Exactly. You love SoCal. I love the big MO. But our respective affinities are not encapsuled within a multi-million dollar contract. These are professional athletes who have, on average, four years to make all the money they can in their chose industry. They have to go wherever the contract takes them, regardless of geographical setting. If I had to guess, I would consider using the town as a major decision point, rather foolish. These kids got to make the money while they can, where they can.

P.S. You love LA (in my best Randy Newman voice), and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. That's just our opinion, and never the two will meet. And that's okay. That's why we have 50 states to choose from; if you don't like the one you're in, you got 49 others to choose from.

Just imagine those poor saps in Luxemborg. If some guy in South Luxemborg doesn't like it where's he gonna go? North Luxemborg? That's separated by what, like 2 blocks?
    LOL, amen. And to just set the record straight I'm a NorCal boy.

moloch41 Guest

I think the Rams should move to Philly!!! The Eagles need some competition!!!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I think the Rams should move to Philly!!! The Eagles need some competition!!!
    You already have two teams in PA...that is a lot for a little state. Don't be greedy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Perhaps the reason the NFL is holding off on getting a team back in LA is because they're aware of the situation in St. Louis and want the Rams to come back to So. Cal? It make sense. It makes absolutely no sense to not have a team in the second largest market in the country. So, maybe they know something we can only speculate at? Perhaps they're waiting and hoping for the day the Rams change ownership and the FO as much as we are.

...just don't ask us to fund the money for a new stadium.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Im sure it is obvious but send them back St louis, Please! Im all for the Rams coming home where they belong. If the proper owner of this team was not killed the Rams would have never left L.A to begin with. When she dies the team should be given back to Rosenblums sons in my opinion.

I have been to one game in St Louis and I had never been so disappointed in a crowd in my life. They were so quiet and we were down by 5 in the 4th and half the place had left. That game did go to OT and the Rams lost it there. On 4th and inches the saints were going for it. The whole place was sitting down. I just dont think I have ever seen fans jump ship so quick in my life. I recently had some folks in my restaurant from St Louis. They were very nice and I asked them if they were Rams fans. They said "yeah we were a couple years ago but they are not good now, we like baseball more". It is a popular sentiment in that area.

One more case for moving the team back. Last year in San Diego they were selling out every game. When the Rams came to town I would say the crowd was 30 pct Rams fans that should say something. You could hear all of us the whole game.

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

And to just set the record straight I'm a NorCal boy.
    Roseville too of all the places. I went to Roseville High School till I was a junior then moved back to So Cal. Talk about being knee deep in whiner fans I know that pain.

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

Holy Cripes! Are we back to this nonsense again? Let me help out my left coast friends with a little game of Jeopardy.

The Answer: Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, & a moving van at Rams Park heading towards LA.

The Question: What are things that aren't true no matter how bad you want to believe in them, Alex? I'll finish the category with "Delusions of Grandeur for $500, Alex.

If only the fans were there in 1994, maybe the Rams would not have left town in the first place.

I swear somewhere in Cleveland there's a 120-year old Rams fan cussing all of us.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

If only the fans were there in 1994, maybe the Rams would not have left town in the first place.
    If only some psycho lady did not kill the team the fan support would have been there. I signed the pettition to keep em. She knew what she was doing. The 89 Rams team was good and then you watched every FA just get ignored. When Bettis gave fans hope and brought some interest she shipped him off real quick.

P.S do you really think the fans in St Louis would fight to keep the team there??
    Last edited by LaRamsFanLongTime; -01-17-2008 at 05:09 PM.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    You already have two teams in PA...that is a lot for a little state. Don't be greedy.

Meh, Philly and Pittsburg are 5 or 6 hrs apart- they might as well be in different states. Giants, Ravens, and Redskins are actually closer. But Gimme the Rams!!!

Roy G. Biv is offline Registered User

P.S do you really think the fans in St Louis would fight to keep the team there??
    Maybe we'll find out in 6 years when the lease is up. The real question is "do you really think the fans in LA would fight to keep the team?" Actually, we already know that answer.
    "I'm not going to hide my opinions. They're coming to you between 7000-4000 Angstroms for all the world to see. Oh yes, you will be enlightened."

RamOfDenmark Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    So much for the cyclical nature of fortune in the NFL.
    Cyclical nature? I dunno, I count 4 winning seasons in the last 18. This franchise has been pretty miserable for a long time, the GSOT was an aberration and now we're back to our losing ways I'm afraid. The FO doesn't know football, that's the main problem, and the owner does not care about winning either.

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Pang View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see us move, if only because of the ridiculously fickle nature of support in St Louis. Strange when your local support is determined by how many games you won the season before.
    This I agree with. I'm not sure what supporteres are like in Los Angeles or other prospective cities the team could move to - but can they really be worse than St. Louis? Comparatively we've had pretty decent success in St. Louis, we won a Superbowl, we were in the playoffs a lot of years and played exciting offensive football - I'm a little dismayed how fast that has been forgotten. But on the other hand raising ticket prices every year I'm sure doesn't help and it has been a couple of years since the people of St. Louis have seen a winning team. But overall I do agree, it would be nice with some hardcore supporters like some of the other teams have - our homefield "advantage" is very embarrasing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast