Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Re: The sky is falling

[QUOTE=LaRamsFanLongTime;208519]Roseville too of all the places. I went to Roseville High School till I was a junior then moved back to So Cal. Talk about being knee deep in whiner fans I know that pain.[/QUOTE

Thats OK try growing up in Santa Clara, Talk about being over run by whiner fans. O wait minute nobody cared about the whiners till 81.

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

The real question is "do you really think the fans in LA would fight to keep the team?" Actually, we already know that answer.
    I think now that there is not a team in L.A people would be more receptive and would fight alot harder to have a team stay . Georgia destroyed the team in L.A at least now they pay to keep some talent around. We saw that whole 89 team just disappear. The team was seriously horrible. They drafted Bettis he kicked ass then they released him. She was like the owner in major League the difference is she succeeded.

I do not think the team will be back, but it is reasonable to think within 6 years she will no longer be running the team. If this happens at the end of the Rams lease not having a team in L.A could be become a barganing chip. A fan base already exists here and this time the rams would be the only show in town. It was a long time ago and while I remember empty seats I never remember seeing more opposing fans then Rams fans at a game in Anaheim . The Packers practically had the crowd noise in their favor this year at the ED.
    LET'S GO DODGERS

Truth is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    ...I have been to one game in St Louis and I had never been so disappointed in a crowd in my life. They were so quiet and we were down by 5 in the 4th and half the place had left. That game did go to OT and the Rams lost it there. On 4th and inches the saints were going for it. The whole place was sitting down.
    I hate to say this, but that sounds like many of the games I went to in L.A. throughout my life. Except that most of the L.A crowds showed-up about halfway through the 1st quarter. If the Rams were losing, most of the crowd would be gone by the middle of the 4th. That's just the way people are. If they don't have any confidence that their team has the ability to win, people stay home (or go home).
    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

it is reasonable to think within 6 years she will no longer be running the team.
    It may be reasonable to think within 6 months she will no longer be running (owning) the team.
    If this happens at the end of the Rams lease not having a team in L.A could be become a barganing chip.
    Before the end of the lease, I could see one, maybe two teams leaving their towns. LA may get a team within the next 6 years, but they may have to get used to the sound of the Los Angeles Jaguars.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

LaRamsFanLongTime is offline Registered User

Los Angeles Jaguars.
    I think I might vomit
    LET'S GO DODGERS

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by LaRamsFanLongTime View Post
    I think I might vomit
    Could be worse........how does the Los Angeles 49e........no, I can't do it. I just can't do that to you guys. I like you guys too much for that.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    It may be reasonable to think within 6 months she will no longer be running (owning) the team. Before the end of the lease, I could see one, maybe two teams leaving their towns. LA may get a team within the next 6 years, but they may have to get used to the sound of the Los Angeles Jaguars.
    Now thats she is dead god bless her soul I think we could see the LA Rams first. Her kids might sell the team to cope with the estate tax and L.A. is a premier destination.

Who could be probable owners? I wouldn't mind an aggressive owner like Mark Cuban although highly unlikely the guy loves to win and goes only for the best players. Were not the Cubs, but i be he wouldn't mind adding an NFL team to his collection

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123