Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: The sky is falling, The sky is falling....

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

The sky is falling, The sky is falling....

Pretty much every post I have seen on here since I got home as been doom and gloom. That is just ridiculous. The game was closer that it seemed and I know cause I was there. Here are a few points that need to be made.

Jackson went down after two plays, in years past would have there been a backup to run for close to 100, quick answer is no.

Look at the falcons lost to the bears and you will see matt ryan fumble it for a bears td as did Sam. And he threw a pick.

The colts lost pretty badly to the texans granted they dont have peyton but still. Collins fumbled twice and threw two picks .

Then we look at what the Ravens did to the steelers. Ben threw 3 interceptions and fumbled twice.

We also need to look at what the bills did to the chiefs at the chiefs home. We werent playing the bills we were playing a playoff caliber team and we lost, it happens. Cassell also threw a pick.

The cowboys lost to the jets. In which Romo fumbled and threw a pick (which cost the game).

Not to mention the giants loss to the redskins. In which manning threw a pick as well.

For those of you giving up on Sam, shame on you. He is a good QB he is in his second year in a different system in which he calls the protections now so give the guy a break. He didn't throw a interception (the one that was almost by asante was a tip drill). Unlike all the names listed above. He doesn't throw a pick versus some of the top corners in the league. There were a LOT of drops in this game. And suddenly Sam is the worst QB in the world to some people on here...

Here are all of the incompletes in order. One bad pass to msw there were two guys in sams face It was actually a wide receiver screen but it was sniffed out by the defense. So it wasn't all Sam there. Dahl and smith had to leave to help block for the screen that just happened to be the two guys that got to Sam. Next was a bad throw to bajema that setup a punt. There was a huge sack on bradford in which smith didnt even move when the ball was snapped. One dropped pass by Cadillac that hit his hands. Another screen gets sniffed out by philly Sam throws it away basically. Kendricks drops the almost TD (his other drop didn't count it was a no play) next play gibson drops a sure first down instead we kick a field goal. Bradford got hit as he threw on another miss. MSW was hit before the ball got there on one of them which should of been called. It was a no play on the next drop by Amendola. Next incomplete was a great play the defender to break it away from Kendricks. Ok this next pass to Amendola in the end zone was all Bradford but stuff like that happens sometimes. Gibson drops a 3rd down pass that hit his hands. Salas drops a 3rd down pass that hit him in the hands which we had to punt when it was 24 to 13. Next incomplete to Salas was a bad throw that was tipped by Salas and almost intercepted. Then Sam goes out with a injury. So there you have it he threw 4 bad throws out of his 13 incompletes. He had 4 dropped balls that hit them in the hands. As you can see it was not all Sam here he was under duress most of the game.

We had Vick so many times but he slipped away. That really is him just being elusive. Had it been any other qb in the league it would of been different. There is no other qb that could of done that to us. We just didn't close in on him enough he had 98 yards rushing. Which is ridiculous for a qb. Had those 10 rushes been 10 sacks like they were suppose to be it would of been completely different. We were close so many times.

I for one am mad as anyone on here about the loss. But we have to put things into a reality situation in which we didn't play our best sunday. Bad games happen and this monday we will see where we are. I can not talk right now because my voice is gone from screaming so much yesterday. Ask any of the clan that seen me I was screaming on every down till it was 31 to 13 and we had to take Sam out.

Our defense would of done a heck of a lot better if they were able to get some rest on the sidelines but it just wasn't our day on offense. I almost want to say that the Jackson td was a curse. It didnt let the defense rest at all pretty much then the eagles drove down field and scored.

So guys the sky isn't falling we will get these ironed out. We face the Giants next week and I have not lost confidence in this Rams team.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Re: The sky is falling, The sky is falling....

Agree. We needed our A game to compete with the Eagles and we brought our C game... but make no mistake... we do have an A game and we will see it soon.

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I have to agree - it was ONE BAD GAME. Things did not go our way - missed opportunities, bad calls and missed calls by the refs, a couple of lucky breaks for the eagles, and things went from a great start to out of control - but until Amendola went down, I think everyone in the dome was still of the opinion that we could still win.

There is a week until the next game - this time, I guarantee things will be different. Spags knows the Giants system better than most. He was the one who shut down NE's offense. Now, we have the NE OC AND the Giant's DC running our team!

What people should be focusing on is that this is one game that most realistic fans knew was going to be a tough game. Most didn't expect the Rams to win this one when we looked at our schedule - the ones of us (me included) who said we expected a win were going on a gut feeling. Too bad we were wrong.

At least there is 15 more games. Right now, we are 0-1. Be optimistic, and we could be 15-1. Be realistic, and we will be 9-7 or 10-6.

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

I agree with you 100%. I watched the game and saw exactly what you did. The only people I was screaming at the whole game were the receivers. You catch those dropped passes and it is a very different game. At least one td, and 2 more first downs.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I applaud your positive stance. That said, I think the disappointment on this board is more than justified. To play like we did in the opener coupled with the injuries and the ridiculous schedule that lies ahead is more than enough to make one discouraged. Much more is expected this year- and I'm not just talking about winning a crappy division- I'm talking about good, solid football week in and week out. With the additions this team made both to the roster and the coaching staff (McDaniels), plus Spags in year three, there is simply no excuse for undisciplined, fundamentally poor football.

That is what I was thinking to Rambunctious

Sam you are correct we have 15 more games left. If we based our season last year off of last years opener then we should of gave up. We lost last years opener with I think Sam throwing 2 or 3 picks.

Rampingitup we definitely would of had a different game on our had had their not been those dropped passes.

And NJ if you want good solid football week in and out your going to have to wait a little. We just got into camp in late july to install a system as advanced as McD's it takes time. I would say some of the problem pass protecting can be attributed to the new offense. If we weren't disappointed with a loss then we shouldn't be watching cause we wouldnt care. The fact is we could of won this game and to me that is a step in the right direction. Had we faced this team a year or two ago we would of been worse off. I can give you one excuse for undisciplined football one word, lockout.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

lol The title to this thread made me laugh. As MoonJoe said " The sky is falling and has a low altitude" or something along those lines... It's just a game I'm not worried about it. We will learn, regroup and be ready next Monday. SJ will be back.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Pretty much every post I have seen on here since I got home as been doom and gloom. That is just ridiculous.
    I don't really need to read any more. I wholly agree.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Pretty much every post I have seen on here since I got home as been doom and gloom. That is just ridiculous. The game was closer that it seemed and I know cause I was there. Here are a few points that need to be made.

Jackson went down after two plays, in years past would have there been a backup to run for close to 100, quick answer is no.

Look at the falcons lost to the bears and you will see matt ryan fumble it for a bears td as did Sam. And he threw a pick.

The colts lost pretty badly to the texans granted they dont have peyton but still. Collins fumbled twice and threw two picks .

Then we look at what the Ravens did to the steelers. Ben threw 3 interceptions and fumbled twice.

We also need to look at what the bills did to the chiefs at the chiefs home. We werent playing the bills we were playing a playoff caliber team and we lost, it happens. Cassell also threw a pick.

The cowboys lost to the jets. In which Romo fumbled and threw a pick (which cost the game).

Not to mention the giants loss to the redskins. In which manning threw a pick as well.

For those of you giving up on Sam, shame on you. He is a good QB he is in his second year in a different system in which he calls the protections now so give the guy a break. He didn't throw a interception (the one that was almost by asante was a tip drill). Unlike all the names listed above. He doesn't throw a pick versus some of the top corners in the league. There were a LOT of drops in this game. And suddenly Sam is the worst QB in the world to some people on here...

Here are all of the incompletes in order. One bad pass to msw there were two guys in sams face It was actually a wide receiver screen but it was sniffed out by the defense. So it wasn't all Sam there. Dahl and smith had to leave to help block for the screen that just happened to be the two guys that got to Sam. Next was a bad throw to bajema that setup a punt. There was a huge sack on bradford in which smith didnt even move when the ball was snapped. One dropped pass by Cadillac that hit his hands. Another screen gets sniffed out by philly Sam throws it away basically. Kendricks drops the almost TD (his other drop didn't count it was a no play) next play gibson drops a sure first down instead we kick a field goal. Bradford got hit as he threw on another miss. MSW was hit before the ball got there on one of them which should of been called. It was a no play on the next drop by Amendola. Next incomplete was a great play the defender to break it away from Kendricks. Ok this next pass to Amendola in the end zone was all Bradford but stuff like that happens sometimes. Gibson drops a 3rd down pass that hit his hands. Salas drops a 3rd down pass that hit him in the hands which we had to punt when it was 24 to 13. Next incomplete to Salas was a bad throw that was tipped by Salas and almost intercepted. Then Sam goes out with a injury. So there you have it he threw 4 bad throws out of his 13 incompletes. He had 4 dropped balls that hit them in the hands. As you can see it was not all Sam here he was under duress most of the game.

We had Vick so many times but he slipped away. That really is him just being elusive. Had it been any other qb in the league it would of been different. There is no other qb that could of done that to us. We just didn't close in on him enough he had 98 yards rushing. Which is ridiculous for a qb. Had those 10 rushes been 10 sacks like they were suppose to be it would of been completely different. We were close so many times.

I for one am mad as anyone on here about the loss. But we have to put things into a reality situation in which we didn't play our best sunday. Bad games happen and this monday we will see where we are. I can not talk right now because my voice is gone from screaming so much yesterday. Ask any of the clan that seen me I was screaming on every down till it was 31 to 13 and we had to take Sam out.

Our defense would of done a heck of a lot better if they were able to get some rest on the sidelines but it just wasn't our day on offense. I almost want to say that the Jackson td was a curse. It didnt let the defense rest at all pretty much then the eagles drove down field and scored.

So guys the sky isn't falling we will get these ironed out. We face the Giants next week and I have not lost confidence in this Rams team.
    If the Sky is not falling, it definitely was a wake call for the Rams who must've thought they were ready to matchup against a deep playoff caliber team like the Eagles.
    These may not be the 'same ol' Rams; however, the same old misfortunes continue to haunt them. Plenty of blame to go around for yesterday's loss against Philly, which only proves the Rams still have a long way to go to be able to compete with forminibal opponets.

The sky may not be falling, but the Rams need to get grounded, by quickly developing a foundation that recognizes the 'pilars of success' , stressed by Coach Spagnuolo and in which this St. Louis Football club presently lacks.

Its understandable fans frustrations, after a tough loss and after experiencing a decades worth of tough losses, Rams fans are probably most used to the feeling of falling skies.

I for one, would tend to blast the Rams after a debilitating loss and there has been many losses the past few years, I also could easily
    say 'there-there' and drink the kool-aid saying 'everything will be just fine', 'its just alittle bump in the road'.
    I miss when the Rams would put a 'Great Show on Turf', Sudays were like watching 'Your Show of Shows', This Sunday played like a 9-11 memorial, one the Rams should never forget. A team standing tall, coming out the pre-season, only to be brought down to 'ground-zero' on opening day.

Rams fans opinions always vary in many way, we have nay and yay sayers, but to take a quote from Jimi and Chicken Little........
    'SCUSE ME, WHILE I KISS THE SKY'.
    Last edited by dgr828; -09-12-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Dgr you have fun doing that. I am not going to comment on anything else that was said by you. There are enough negative nancys around here right now your not going to turn me into one too.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

The bottom line in my mind is that I didn't expect a win but I thought we would keep the game close until the very end. Of course I didn't count on all of the "KEY" injuries to our team either. It was awesome watching Steven Jackson running right at us during his long TD run!

Very nice to meet you at the game sjacksonrules!

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    The bottom line in my mind is that I didn't expect a win but I thought we would keep the game close until the very end. Of course I didn't count on all of the "KEY" injuries to our team either. It was awesome watching Steven Jackson running right at us during his long TD run!

Very nice to meet you at the game sjacksonrules!

I hated seeing Danny and the others leave the field it was tough to see. I know we were keeping the game close till the end because I was turning to my right and high fiving you quite a bit. Yes that was awesome I wish he just kept running right up to us lol.

Also I wrote something about you in Sam's thread about the bash. It was very nice meeting you and your wife. You both were great. And I hope your grandson does well at tight end this year. Your wife said he played basketball so lets hope the Rams get him someday and he is the next Tony Gonzalez.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

It was a wake up call but I'm with you sjrules. Things didn't work out how we wanted but we were up against a real good side - we won't know for a while just how good, but they're being touted as potential SB champs while we're being touted as possible West winners.

I went into the season fully prepared for us to start 1-6. That's not defeatist, because I also thought we could go at least 3-4 in that period. But I wasn't scared of 1-6. I also believed (and still believe) that even if we DO go 1-6 we will still win the division with at least an 8-8 record.

I saw enough to annoy me and I saw enough to encourage me. I didn't see anything to make me think we're not still going to win the division.

I'm more unhappy about the injuries and the Panthers stuffing up the lead against Arizona, to be honest.

Oregon Ram is offline Registered User

I understand people's frustration with the game yesterday. We were all hyped up after the big improvement last year and the supposed upgrades in the off-season. However, as has been pointed out, it will take time to adjust to a new offensive system, and the lockout did not help at all.

As far as Sam goes, obviously he was not at his best yesterday, but he was from from terrible. I looked back at some other big-time QBs in their second years, and surprise, they were not always perfect. Bradford had a QB rating of 75.4 yesterday. In Brady's second year he had QB ratings of: 74.7, 44.0, 75.4, 76.0, 67.4, 47.2, 57.6, and 68.5. And that was with a team that won the Super Bowl the year before. Peyton Manning had games of 74.7, 74.4, and 77.2; Aaron Rodgers had games of 55.9, 76.7, 72.9, and 59.8 his first full year (but 4th in the league), and a 57.6 his second full year. Roethlisburger had games of 58.7 and 34.1 on a team that went to the AFC championship the year before. And Brett Favre had nine games below 75.4 his second year.

I would love to see Sam air it out rather than check down so much, but if receivers aren't open, isn't it better to go for the safe yards rather than force it? If he tries to make something from what is not there, everyone would be decrying his immaturity and saying it's all right to take the short gain rather than throwing INTs. We just don't have the receivers right now capable of creating space, or even a guy that Sam can "throw it up for grabs" to and feel confident he will come down with it.

sonnyjames is offline Registered User

Those are pretty amazing stats on some high profile QBs. I'm sure Sam will be just fine. Yesterday our pass protection was close on non-existant - Sam had so little time to get set or go through his reads...and he's working with so little at WR too. He didn't do great when he did have time, tbf, but add those six drops on to his stats (one a likely TD) and that's a much better looking game.

People claiming he's hit the sophomore slump after one game against the Eagles...wow. Watch those knees, guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast