Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Rambos is offline Registered User

The sky is not falling

First week 50% of the teams are going to lose.

We ended up number 4 offense in NFL

We ended up number 4 defense in NFL

*Two teams still to play.

*Whiners ended up 22nd on O and D 24th

Marc is the leader in passing yards 362

Martz coach a very patience game did not panic

We did not get lit up, we were in the game until the last play; we showed a lot of heart. The D is much improved they kept us in it all day long. We moved the ball we just need to get it in from the red zone. Not a bad problem to have.

Still ST are a big problem, it shows that you can dominated on both sides of the ball and ST can kill you and they did.

Notables that also lost.
    Seattle
    Arizona
    Carolina
    Minnesota
    Green Bay

Teams that won still not worried about these teams at the end of the season.
    San Francisco
    New Orleans
    Tampa Bay
    Detroit
    Washington
    N.Y. Giants

Dallas won could be a factor.
    Dallas

Next weeks game is going to be big game for us, not a must win but big.

We all could not wait for football season. This why we love it, because it hurts so bad and can feel so good.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: The sky is not falling

Well said, sir.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AJD45 is offline Registered User

If the sky isn't falling after losing to the worst and most hated team in the league, when is it falling? Ever? The exact same problems that have kept the Rams from realizing their potential for the past three seasons have not been fixed. It IS time for some urgency, we've all had more than generous patience with those that are supposedly in charge of fixing things, enough is enough.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User
    Thats Great But Guess What We Are Still 0-1.

Worst
    This is 2005, last year is over, or do you want to just give the Pat’s the trophy today and not play the games.

when is it falling? Ever?
    I would say when your team is near being eliminated from a playoff birth and that did not happen Sunday or did I miss something, did we get eliminated was that or last game.

The exact same problems that have kept the Rams from realizing their potential for the past three seasons have not been fixed.
    If we had no breakdowns on ST we would have won the game I will give you that. But I would not go on the record and say we have the fixed our problems on ST it going to take more then one or two games to say on way or another statistics can be funny that way. It take some solid data to make a sound judgment, if you flipped a coin once and heads came up, could you say it will always land on heads no. If you brought a stock could you just rely on the past performance no, just be fair and give it some time to make a judgment that’s all. In the end you may be right, it’s just a little early.

Our D is number 4 in the NFL after one week, let see where they are in week 6. I’m not saying that’s fixed

IS time for some urgency
    It’s time to focus and perform, watch the film and make some adjustments and get ready for next week.

Thats Great But Guess What We Are Still 0-1.
    Yeah I'm glad it's not the best of one, we only have 15 games to find out how good or bad we are.

viper is offline Registered User

Great points, Rambos! It was just one game. We'll bounce back. Hopefully, these guys just need some time to gel. Being no. 4 in defense is a welcome stat!

rammiser is offline Registered User

Youre right the sky isnt falling. Guess what teams that go deep into the playoffs dont lose to the Whiners. Martz did not coach a patient and good game because before we were losing big he was already abandoning the run. Jackson was ripping off 5-7 yds a carry and then bang like 15 passes in a row. Also Martz needs to abandon the sweep plays on 3rd and 3 with Jackson, that is not a good play and it is not Jacksons strength. Jackson is good straight ahead not side to side on long developing plays. Also the 4th and 1 where Martz handed the ball to Manu, there is no way that should have worked. He was stuffed and somehow fell forward for the first. Martz play calling at critical time leaves a lot to be desired. Also if the Rams dont start scoring in the red zone they will go no where. We lost to a team that didnt even get 230 yds of offense.

Our special teams really really sucks. A punt return for a td and several kick returns that the Niners started at the 40 td line.

I still dont know what Travis Fisher is doing out there. On the td to Lloyd he jumped like 3 seconds too soon, he had no idea where the ball was.

Seven sacks is just horrid. Someone needs to step up on the o-line and be a man. Young made Tucker look like a school boy throwing him around like a ragdoll. Just like the worries in pre-season the regular season leaves a lot to be desired on the o-line.

I thought the defense was great except for fisher looking lost out there. Pisa got burned at the goal line by Battle. But the d-line gave up nothing at the point of attack. Their longest run was what 9 yds?

I am worried and I know its only the first game but we were playing one of the worst teams in the league. If Dallas can go into San Diego and beat the Chargers we sure the hell better be able to beat one of the worst teams in the league. This makes me doubt whether we will beat anyone on the road this year. I'm not real confident going into AZ even though they look like crap too. This team just can't play on the road unless its against Seattle. I hope Martz gets this thing straight.
    Last edited by rammiser; -09-12-2005 at 01:34 PM.
    Just Fix It

AJD45 is offline Registered User

Well, if there's 15 other games, why did the Rams even bother flying out west? They should have just forfeited since it's just one meaningless game...

In all seriousness, I appreciate your realism, but fandom isn't about logic, it's about emotion. This is as good as time as any for Rams fans to be pissed off. Is the season done for? No, of course not. Should fans be voicing anger over losing to worst team in the same exact fashion that has frustrated Rams fans over the past few seasons? Absolutely.

And as far as not really caring about losing this one since there's 15 other games, there's some stat out there about the percentage of teams that lose in week 1 not making the playoffs. It's not a 50/50 coin flip, the odds are now against the Rams. Impossible? No. But if you're going to focus on the big picture, it needs to include a realistic picture of why they lost -- even if it sounds like the sky is falling!

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Fans can voice anger, losing to the whiners wasn't the best scenario to start the year off with. However, here's some things that were in their favor:

1. At home on grass
    2. Mike Nolan's first game. They were more pumped up than a college team.

I don't like losing to anyone, much less losing to the whiners. However, I'm not about to start using words such as trends...well, special teams is a trend. However, this is why we sputtered:

1. Not used to sticking to the run.
    2. The FB scenario with Manu just isn't all it's cracked up to be.
    3. I saw the WR's not finishing routes for the first time. Could the timing been off sticking to the running game?

tanus is offline Registered User

Also the 4th and 1 where Martz handed the ball to Manu, there is no way that should have worked. He was stuffed and somehow fell forward for the first.
    Its called "second effort." It happens a lot of the time. Perhaps you've seen this before? Lots of times a player gets hit then lunges forward to get the first down.

Maybe next week we will go over a completed pass?

adarian_too is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tanus
    Maybe next week we will go over a completed pass?
    It's nice to know that in these trying times, some people can find time for sarcasm ...

LOL

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The kickoff return, well whatever that was, is inexcusable. He should have let it go. I put that one on the ST coach for not having his players prepared.

Oh well, off to AZ we go. And we better win this time!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It could be worse, Carolina lost Kris Jenkins and Green Bay lost Jevon Walker FOR THE SEASON already.

ramsfan1975 is offline Registered User

look again we smatched defeat from the jaws of victory. it was not a matter of the whiners winning.. we had the momentum and the game in our hands.. we let it go...just a bad break at the wrong time... 1st game of the season guys... and im afraid that people forget just because a team is bad one year dosnt mean there going to be bad the next.. or did you forget our 1999 season? we will get our wins and we will get better as the season goes on..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast