Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: SLOP is not dead, but...

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    It seems to me that the Scott Linehan Optimism Party would be born of the ashes of S.L.O.P., since I am sure fans everywhere who doubted him last season would want to jump on the bandwagon if he leads our Rams to a 10-6 record.

You know me, I believe the glass is half full, even if it's poisonous.

Me likeeee! Agreed fully and wholeheartedly. :r

Good one RFS.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Originally Posted by RamsFanSam
    It seems to me that the Scott Linehan Optimism Party would be born of the ashes of S.L.O.P., since I am sure fans everywhere who doubted him last season would want to jump on the bandwagon if he leads our Rams to a 10-6 record.

You know me, I believe the glass is half full, even if it's poisonous.
    RFS I'm in bro!

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Is it really a party if there's only one member? Maybe it should be SLO, Scott Linehan Opposer. I think rallying against the guy after one year is kind of ridiculous, give him a chance.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I was not a HUGE supporter of Martz. I thought his lack of Defensive knowledge and knowhow killed us. I think linehan is not HC material. more like stats recorder. Perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it. I just haven't seen him do anything yet to prove that he can compete in the NFL.

Therefore, I should be in SLOP... but I ain't payin... unless I get to use the summer home sometimes?

ps. If linehan proves me wrong... and I HOPE to good hell he does, then yes I will be on the bandwagon.

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Break it down for us, what do you not like in practice so far?
    Well, like many have said previously (Not that I am in SLOP at all, just telling you whats up.) we sign Bulger to a huge deal and you'd think we might see a taste of the offensive brilliance that was practically promised to us (We're bound to have one hell of an offense! How can we not!?) in pre-season. However, we have not yet seen anything really great on offense so far and it is troublesome. I can't say what I don't like or like in practice because I've never seen any of them but I have seen the pre-season games (mostly highlights unfortunately, NJ sucks.) and they show that we have not made many strides defensively and it looks like we downgraded offensively. Now, again let me remind you all that read this, it is pre-season and Bulger said there is nothing to worry about and I believe him and stand up for him. However, it is just something unsettling when we as fans expect to see a whole lot more and haven't seen a glimpse of the promise this season shows. I'm sure we'll be fine during the regular season, its just once again, unsettling.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

blood85 is offline Registered User

Let The Games Begin!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    However, it is just something unsettling when we as fans expect to see a whole lot more and haven't seen a glimpse of the promise this season shows. I'm sure we'll be fine during the regular season, its just once again, unsettling.
    If you're expecting to see much in the pre-season, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's not ideal to see the offense not score many points, but in this situation I'm really not that worried about it. You have to remember we've been virtually without Steven Jackson all pre-season. We were missing two other offensive starters against Oakland.

And plus, we're not going to show our entire hand in meaningless exhibition games. The fact remains that the first team offense without its superstar running back did a fairly good job moving the ball when they had the chance. Turnovers ended a number of solid drives, and you have to believe the team will be more careful with the ball when the real games are on the line.

If it carries over into the regular season, then let's have a discussion.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

WestSideRamsFan Guest

Why don't we just get rid of this S.L.O.P crap and support our coach through the good and bad times. For gods sake this is only his second year as head coach. I thought it was stupid when this S.L.O.P thing came up in Linehan's first year as head coach. I never want to ever her about S.L.O.P again unless we start to have three consecutive losing seasons. Can we just please support our coach and his decisions just like how the Steeler's fans did when Cower was their coach. :\

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

SLOP was never a particularly well-reasoned proposition or platform, and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

I'm with Sam.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

As fans we can do whatever we want to do. We can support everyone with blinders on or we can create groups and ban together with common thought.

The Steeler fans are passionate and they complain a lot. Don't think for one second that Cowher had complete approval from the fans for his whole time there.

I was a member of SLOP and I had many issues with how Linehan was running the show. He seemed to straighten out when he handed over the playing calling to someone else. I had high expectations for him. He was new, but the previous year was full of problems... Martz coaching while he was ill, an interim coach in Joe Vitt, and Marmie in control, or maybe I should not say in control, of the defense. We went 6-10 in 2005. I expected that a new coach with no personnel issues should be able to bring the team back up. He had the whole off-season to get things in order.

For 2007, he has had even more time and we have a lot of seasoned players on the team. We don't really have years to develop. This is a great year to make a move for the playoffs. I am not looking for an 8-8 season.

Please join, or don't join SLOP, or create your own group. We can have subdivisions and still be fans together.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    I was not a HUGE supporter of Martz. I thought his lack of Defensive knowledge and knowhow killed us. I think linehan is not HC material. more like stats recorder. Perhaps he'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it. I just haven't seen him do anything yet to prove that he can compete in the NFL.

Therefore, I should be in SLOP... but I ain't payin... unless I get to use the summer home sometimes?

ps. If linehan proves me wrong... and I HOPE to good hell he does, then yes I will be on the bandwagon.
    Scott Linehan improved our record from 6-10 in 2005 to 8-8 in 2006. That was acceptable to me. The question now is can he get us to 9-7 or better in 2007?

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you're expecting to see much in the pre-season, then you're setting yourself up for disappointment. It's not ideal to see the offense not score many points, but in this situation I'm really not that worried about it. You have to remember we've been virtually without Steven Jackson all pre-season. We were missing two other offensive starters against Oakland.

And plus, we're not going to show our entire hand in meaningless exhibition games. The fact remains that the first team offense without its superstar running back did a fairly good job moving the ball when they had the chance. Turnovers ended a number of solid drives, and you have to believe the team will be more careful with the ball when the real games are on the line.

If it carries over into the regular season, then let's have a discussion.
    Nick, while I agree and understand your post 100%, I see myself and others getting anxious to see the offense look like they have gelled during those couple series they do play in pre-season. Look at the Colts and what their #1's have done in pre-season. If we saw half of that, this would be a non-issue right now.

We did this last year too, and if I remember correctly it still took our O a couple of regular season games to get on track. If we are an improved team, with more experience in the system, we should at least show it once. You are right, we did have a couple long drives that were prematurely interrupted and that does give me hope. But we have also had a lot more three and outs.

Overall, I am hesitantly optimistic at this time. And I don't expect that to change against the Chief's.

Can't wait for September 9th. 1 pm. DirecTV channel 712 (unless HD is a different channel)
    This space for rent...

TheGuest62 is offline Registered User

I have faith in Linehan this season. If he was a stubborn, ego driven coach he wouldn't have swallowed his pride and turned over the playcalling duties to Olson last season after the loss to Carolina.
    Last edited by TheGuest62; -08-29-2007 at 09:48 AM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Well, like many have said previously (Not that I am in SLOP at all, just telling you whats up.)
    Your a good man.

we sign Bulger to a huge deal and you'd think we might see a taste of the offensive brilliance
    I will go on record and say he has an MVP type year. Too many vet players around him.
    It's organized practice at best. He is the last guy that needs to show me anything.

However, we have not yet seen anything really great on offense so far and it is troublesome.
    BL looks very good as a rookie and thatís one of the things the coaches wanted to see. Bennett looks like he will fit in nicely and I'm sure Randy will get his soon enough. Its very vanilla in preseason the less we show in these games, the harder it will be for teams to game plan for us early on.

I can't say what I don't like or like in practice because I've never seen any of them but I have seen the pre-season games (mostly highlights unfortunately, NJ sucks.)
    SJ said he is getting his work done in practice, he will be ready.

and they show that we have not made many strides defensively

I don't know about that, Alston has looked really good, AC has shown he can handle the NT spot, Wroten has played at a high level. Tino is ready to go, looks like he will be a force.Moore is a nice surprise with two sacks, should be an upgrade over Brandon Green.Hall has already made an impact with a sack.

We are not getting gashed on the ground.

Considering the starter have only played about a game and a half itís really hard to say if they are better or worse. IMO all you can do is look at individual players to see if they are around the ball and making plays.
    Last edited by Rambos; -08-29-2007 at 12:10 PM.

jjigga3000 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Tell you what...

If the Rams win 10 games, I'll officially and permanently disband SLOP.
    And If they win 12?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast