RamWraith is offline Registered User

Slow Start Frustrates Holt

By Bill Coats
    St. Louis Post-Dispatch
    10.17.2008 3:14 pm

Projected over 16 games at his present rate, Torry Holt would wind up with 674 receiving yards this season. That’s about half of Holt’s average production — 1,318 yards — over his previous nine seasons. He’s amassed just 210 yards on 20 catches, the worst start of his heralded career.

“It gets frustrating at times,” Holt acknowledged Friday. Part of the reason is that Holt has been double-teamed frequently, with No. 2 wide receiver Drew Bennett out since early in the season-opener with a broken foot. The recent emergence of rookie Donnie Avery could help take some defensive attention away from Holt.

But Holt also conceded that he’s partly to blame. “Like last week . . . I had a couple of opportunities where I felt I should’ve done a better job of going up and attacking the football,” he said. “I’ll have some more opportunities this game (Sunday vs. Dallas), and hopefully I’ll do a better job of getting open, getting separation, making the catch and doing what I do.”

<><><>

Notes & quotes:

*Holt, on the Cowboys’ mystique: “They’ll always be America’s Team. There’s just something about that star.”

*It looks as if Leonard Little will be the starter again at left DE. Victor Adeyanju opened there the last two games, although Little played extensively.

*The three weeks CB Fakhir Brown spent in limbo following his surprise release was a positive in one respect: It allowed his shoulder, injured in the first practice of training camp, to finish healing. “He wasn’t 100 percent when he played that last game” Sept. 21 at Seattle, Haslett said. “He told me he feels like he’s back to normal. So, it probably did help, at least from a health standpoint.”

*LB Pisa Tinoisamoa couldn’t resist needling Haslett after the win in Washington, in which the Rams limited the Redskins to 17 points. With Haslett the new head coach, former linebackers coach Rick Venturi was moved up to defensive coordinator. “Pisa came up and said, ‘What do you think of the new coordinator? Pretty good, huh?’” Haslett said. “And I go, ‘Get away from me, Pisa.’”

*A small number of tickets, returned by the Cowboys, are available for purchase. Call the Rams box office: 314-425-8830 for information.

All for now . . .

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Slow Start Frustrates Holt

Torry, amigo...let's Ram-explode from here on! May you be healthy / healthier and have great games all the way!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    *LB Pisa Tinoisamoa couldn’t resist needling Haslett after the win in Washington, in which the Rams limited the Redskins to 17 points. With Haslett the new head coach, former linebackers coach Rick Venturi was moved up to defensive coordinator. “Pisa came up and said, ‘What do you think of the new coordinator? Pretty good, huh?’” Haslett said. “And I go, ‘Get away from me, Pisa.’”
    Who knows, maybe Haslett really will be a better head coach than coordinator. One way or another, it was a pretty impressive job holding the 6th ranked offense in the league to 17 points--especially when 7 of them came from a possession that started right in front of the goal line (after the fumble).

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Well one thing we could do is throw the ball more than 3 yards. These short yardage throws are killing us slowly but surely. Get the damn ball further! I'm sure Holt still has it, we just need to give him the oppurtunity.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Slow start frustrates Torry?

Simple answer.

So do something about...like maybe getting open and oh yeah catch the ball.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

please get rid of Bennett..i miss Curtis